Reply Highlander Roleplaying - Joe's
Stress Relief

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:08 pm
There were two reasons she was slumped at a table looking for all the world she was trying to drink herself silly, mostly because her chemistry one class was slowly driving her crazy. Somehow students translated new teacher into it being an easy class for them so she ended up with a bunch of slackers that were rather disappointed that she knew what she was doing. It made no sense to her, why someone would bother to go to collage if they thought they could float through it with no work at all, much less why they would want to. Knowledge was what got people through the world anymore.

Second was simply because this place caught her eye as she was going down the road, driving helped calm her nerves, it was simply conicendence that it was this pub, Joe's, that she came across. Overall she was pleasantly happy with the place, it was far better than many a pub she had strayed into, and no one spared her so much a glance for being there in a suit and lab coat. She was rather much happy to be seated before the bar on her fifth drink, though to be fair the first four were shots.

Clearly it was her intention to stay there a while, she didn't have a class till after three tomorrow so the drinking wasn't going to bother her in that regard anyway. Currently buzzed and in a much better mood now that she had started Veronica couldn't help but glance around, seeking someone to talk to, she was a social person, and it was always a blessing to have a drinking partner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:26 pm
Mike poked Joe as the elder Watcher limped past him on the way to the bar, getting a curious look from Dawson. "We've got another live one," Mike said. "Recognize her?"

Mike didn't point or even incline his head, allowing Joe to passively look out over this evening's clientele. After a moment his eyes rested on an attractive young woman in a lab coat sitting at the bar nursing her drink.

"Veronica Estates," Joe nodded. "Not generally a hunter -- I doubt she's looking for trouble." He glanced about, looking to spot her Watcher.

[OOC: Do you want to create and run her Watcher, or should I?]  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:12 pm
(I suppose I can, though I apologize, while I've been in other Highlander rp's I have very little experience with Watchers. )

Her Watcher that was looking all the world like a regular, appearing halfway to the point of being drunk, however if anyone had paid attention they would find he had managed to give most of his drinks away or otherwise disposed of them. He did sip here and there of course, otherwise even those he had seated himself with, all wasted and in good spirits, might even start to wonder about untouched drinks.

So maybe he thought it amusing that Veronica ended up here, being as in this town and now this pub, it had been a surprise when she moved, she only moved when she really had to and this time it hadn't been needed. If anyone where to ever ask him he was perchance a little bored with this assignment, not that he'd persay complain of course, he'd heard tales of much worse immortals to be stuck with.

A glance around the pub, just to check everything in case, got him to spot Joe, not that he gave much of a sign of acknowledgment past a spark of amusement to his eye that anyone else passed off as drunk-amusement.

Veronica for her part was slightly put out by the people near by to talk to, while for the most part they were in a talkative mood, most of it was dull trivial things that weren't bound to keep her interest. She hadn't been in town long enough yet to make friends to annoy when she was in such moods though so she was rather stuck with the people here. Which put up with her nodding politely to the person next to her as they rambled about their marriage of all things.

Only tolerated that for but so long before distracting them and picking up her drink to relocate, really this was one of those times she wished she could dare to get truly drunk. Course she supposed she could go home and grade papers... on that thought she almost shivered, no she needed another drink to avoid the half guessed answers on tests she was going to have to face at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:02 am
Joe gave Veronica's Watcher a brief nod -- he'd have to look the fellow up, as neither he nor Mike knew him on sight. Joe was amused. His bar seemed to be an Immortal magnet!

The door of the bar opened, and a tall slender young man stepped inside, then froze slightly, looking around.

"s**t," Joe muttered. "Adam. He's gonna think he's sensing Mac, instead of a stranger."

He found himself hoping Veronica wasn't in the mood to take a head.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am
It was a safe bet not given her sigh and look of utter annoyance as she glanced towards the door, really couldn't she drink without anything going wrong? That was all she was asking for right now. Past that initial reaction she went right back to focusing on her drink, not drinking it now, sadly, but it gave her something to glare at for the moment. Maybe if she tried real hard she could pretend he wasn't here, or if he had to be there that he was nice and calm and not violent like. That would work well for her.

So she glanced back again, not seeming to care that she was easy to spot if he cared to try, hiding wasn't ever something she was decent at really so no need to try. Now she was good at talking her way out of things, or simply amusing people enough to leave her alone. Veronica wasn't one for violence, she knew that and accepted it, no need to fight against her nature after all, that wasn't to mean that she couldn't take care of herself. If there was a way out of any chance of a fight however she took it, even if that meant retreating to safer ground.

However in her experience chance run-ins at pubs rarely turned in to anything, rarely was anyone ever in the mood at such places. Considering that brightened her back up a notch, not enough to finish her drink of course but at least now she wasn't glaring as she considered her actions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:39 pm
Methos stepped further into Joe's, looking perfectly at ease after his initial reaction to an Immortal buzz. It took all his training at camouflage, despite the fact that he knew the other Immortal had to have spotted him. Entering a building with a buzz was a dead -- pardon the pun -- giveaway.

It wasn't Mac. He'd never tell Joe, but ever since Bordeaux he had been able to tell within a few moments if it was Duncan he was sensing or not.

He saw Joe watching him from behind the bar, and nonchalantly made his way toward him, and that was when he saw the woman in the lab coat whose drink had become very interesting to her, but he knew she was aware of his every move.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:37 pm
Well of course she kept track of him, she wasn't drunk enough to not pay attention to him, and now thanks to him wouldn't get to that point. Veronica partly knew where he was because right now anyway she was watching him, considering silently before a shrug, she was going to enjoy her evening. With that decided she downed the rest of her drink, she was already at the bar so she could get another with ease, though for the moment she had other in mind.

"If you sit I'll buy you a drink, honestly looking up makes the world look fuzzy right now." So maybe she was a little more drunk than she had realized, her voice was at lest stable and calm, making her smile a moment later.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:55 pm
Methos looked at the woman with raised eyebrows, then a slow smile graced his lips. "Thanks," he said pleasantly. "You know what I like, Joe."

Joe already had a draft beer poured, setting it in front of Methos. "Yes, sir," the Watcher said, with just the faintest mocking tone.

Methos pretended not to notice, turning to the woman and holding out his hand. "Adam Peirson."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:18 pm
Veronica was able to focus and take his hand to shake, giving a slight smile, had to smile when he seemed nice enough thus far, already a step up from some experiences. It was a little belated to her mind that she should perchance give her own name, however she did think of it after a few seconds, "Veronica Estates, always a pleasure to meet a kind soul." Well hopefully a kind soul, so for now that was her greeting, and it could change later as need be.

Right now she realized she did not need to be still in a lab coat and suit jacket, between the layers and the drinks she was a bit flushed. Lacking both coat and jacket she at least blended in better with the crowd, leaving her in a simple blouse, though of course still a dress skirt and heels. She even was still sober enough to not flash any weapons, though it was figured, she knew, that both of them were armed, that only made sense of course.

Then turned her attention back to him, still with a smile, "I do hope I'm not trespassing on your evening."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:03 pm
"No, of course not," Methos reassured her, accepting his drink from Joe. "This happens to be a very flexible evening for me." He was curious about her state. "Tough day at work?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:41 pm
Had to hold back laughter on that, mostly because she wasn't sure if she was going to be able to stop once she started or break into frustrated tears as a side effect. "That's slightly an understatement really, if one includes chemistry students mixing things they shouldn't and horrible topic papers, but yes."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:00 pm
"Oh my Lord," Methos said, rolling his eyes. "Been there, done that. Bless you for crawling into the trenches with the unwashed youth, bravely attempting to teach them something. What level do you teach?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 pm
"What level don't I teach?" Her question only slightly sarcastic sounding, not towards him of course, "I was told they were slightly short staffed, more like they somehow ended up with chem teachers and I was nice enough to cover." Not that honestly she minded all that much, she loved to teach, first year at a school was always annoying.  
Highlander Roleplaying - Joe's

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games