Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
hellp me please

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissAbnormal

Hilarious Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:37 am
here is some of my art work <3
i was just wondering if somone can give me some tips on easyer ways how to draw difrent poses and couple art ty ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:58 am
you could get reference pics and draw your characters based on the pose of the other picture.  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

littlecherub512
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:55 am
you just need to practice on body proportions a really great way to do that is by studying others work and even study human anatomy
i think you have great potential to become really good
the cloths you have draw are creative and cute and you have somewhat of a developed style so keep up with the work  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:43 pm
ty very much i think i will try that  

MissAbnormal

Hilarious Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RzDz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:17 pm
you art looks a lot like mine when i started

i think you should get more paractise on 2d body before you can try poses

try drawing body 6 times as long as head

draw more symetrical pictures for now

girl's pelvis is wide , legs should be like seperated by little space not like 2 lines next to each other , it is something i realized not long ago mrgreen

copy uncolored manga or any line art  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:57 pm
My advice is to use stock such as jupiterimages or thinkstockphotos. Amazing quality. For fashion, if you ever want to peruse around; iPartment -- it's a Chinese website.

Also, I don't know what you're going for. I know I lean more towards stylized realism, but some people are major fans for the kawaii over the top stylized sketches with the large eyes.

For realism, here are some basic rules (you can actually try many of them on yourself and see that they'll work);

Foot = forearm

One eye = distance between both eyes and eyebrows (eyebrows can be an exception if character/subject plucks/waxes/otherwise takes care of eyebrows) AND equals nose

Length of hand = length of face from chin to hairline (I'm an exception due to my own small lil' fingers)

Lower body = torso + head

Calves = thighs

For men their heads are straight while the women tend to decrease as in / for circular bit of head to jaw.

Ball of shoulder = width of bicep/arm in general AND the thickest bit of the forearm

Women with their ratio of shoulders to hips; ones who have never exercised (weight lifting) typically have / smaller shoulders wider hips, those are are moderate/born with broader shoulders | | while those who over did it a bit (it took me a 155 lb of squats, but I managed to do it) / so it appears they have narrow hips, but typically the case is that they have broad shoulders (something you'll definitely notice with models).

Men have their hips start lower, women higher.

Men's fingers typically remain equal in thickness while women's are prone to thinning out towards the tips /.

Then again, it's really about style. Although, I've always believed to be able to bend the rules -- you have to first learn them (otherwise, there will seem to be things that are "off"). Besides that, it's all about intuition. When the light goes off and it hits ya, "Ohh!"

snowdrift_2

MissAbnormal

Hilarious Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:21 pm
ty that is hellping im practicing what u said to do and i think i can c a difrence already ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:38 pm
User Image

Yer welcome~! <3
Remember that I may not
give out kudos often, but it's out of lurve.

C;

snowdrift_2

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:00 am
The thing I love about anime style is that there's so much you can do with eyes and hair smile

Trouble is, there's so many ways of portraying them you can get lost at times...
I'd suggest if you have a favorite artist, stick to copying out their eye/hair/hands/etc to start with.

I'm a traditionalist: I believe references are gold. I have a collection of eyes/poses/etc that I refer to when I get stuck not knowing how to portray things.

Hair styles by ~genshiken-rj
hair drawing tutorial by ~Abuze
Eyes by =Kikariz
Eyes II by =Kikariz

Hope it helps!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:45 pm
ty i just did a drawing today and ur advice helleped me  

MissAbnormal

Hilarious Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Hattiakourri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:45 pm
I know that when I envision a pose, I make sure to do several "wire-frame" sketches to make sure I have a fitting form.

A few Tips off the top of my head**
hand to face ratio (outspread hand= size of face)
Shoulder=hips
In people with long/short legs/torso, be sure that they're still proportional.
Muscles= reference guide! No way around it.
A rough sketch of the skeleton would probably help a lot, too.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:04 pm
o ty i have ben doing that for the past couple days it make it so much easear  

MissAbnormal

Hilarious Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200

chibianbu

4,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:06 pm
eyes and body proportions are key work on those and youll be AMAZING ^-^  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:08 pm
I recommend the How to Draw Manga books! I practically worshiped these when I was younger. They taught me proportions and once I had that, I could draw any pose my little mind thought up.

I still need some improvement.... maybe I should look for those books again? XD LOL!!

Anyway, How to Draw Manga teaches you many things! Even if you don't want to draw the anime style, it's still VERY beneficial.  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers