Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Traditional Art
Traditional artists, unite! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a traditional artist?
  Yea
  Nay
View Results

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:07 am
I've skimmed through the art shops and a couple of art threads hereabouts...though there seem to be an overwhelming number of digital artists compared to traditional artists. >.<

Do Gaians simply prefer digital art? Are there any active traditional artists here?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:57 am
i am a traditional artists honestly i have no idea how to use photoshop

i do feel the same way there are so many artists who use digital work  

littlecherub512
Crew

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:33 pm
i do traditional art
i simply cant use computers
thank god for disney its usually always traditional  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:45 am
Hooray, Dark heaven crimson Rose, littlecherub512! *does the Snoopy dance*

Dark heaven crimson Rose
i do traditional art
i simply cant use computers
thank god for disney its usually always traditional

Aye! Tablets and me, doesn't match up. ^^;

littlecherub512
i am a traditional artists honestly i have no idea how to use photoshop

i do feel the same way there are so many artists who use digital work

Photoshop....I only use photoshop in the post-production stage...minor edits, adjusting colors and contrasts, stuff like that (Levels and color curves are my BEST friends).

Much needed as my usual art paper has a slight bluish hue. =p  

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

snowdrift_2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:35 am
I'm more of an inbetween-er. CX
Digital lets me manipulate the lines (I strictly use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop is more of a tablet's wet dream -- that's how I see it). My tablet is hating on me right now thus I stick with the good ole mouse's click and drag feature.

Regrettably, I don't have a computer to use as a crutch at all times so I use my favorite 3H pencil and sketch away.

Also, I feel that not many traditional artists are being represented because line art is "so passe" -- at least that's how majority of commissioners feel. My art galleries have been ignored on dA and sheezyart since I don't do computer graphics much.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:35 pm
snowdrift_2
I'm more of an inbetween-er. CX
Digital lets me manipulate the lines (I strictly use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop is more of a tablet's wet dream -- that's how I see it). My tablet is hating on me right now thus I stick with the good ole mouse's click and drag feature.

Regrettably, I don't have a computer to use as a crutch at all times so I use my favorite 3H pencil and sketch away.

Also, I feel that not many traditional artists are being represented because line art is "so passe" -- at least that's how majority of commissioners feel. My art galleries have been ignored on dA and sheezyart since I don't do computer graphics much.

What? Passe? That sucks D:
I've been here a week, but I've to say, I've seen it too...there's a few Gaians that seem to rate digital>>traditional art. >.>

Traditional artists need the love, too~  

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

Tentaspy

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:45 pm
I have a tablet, but I honestly have no idea how to use it.
So for now, I'm sticking to traditional art.
I feel that it's best to learn something the original way before moving onto something a little more challenging.
When I can finally settle on a style of drawing, I'll start learning how to make digital art.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:23 pm
I do both, really, but it all started with traditional stuff and I do more of that anyway. I know how to use Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and a few others. I think Paint Shop Pro took a nosedive when Corel bought it out but that's my opinion. Currently, I'm drawing, knitting, crocheting, sewing, doing calligraphy... etc.  

Mokumegane

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Damon Zane

2,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:29 am
It's the digital age. But I will always prefer traditional art. Mainly cause anyone can make something look good with a program.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:45 pm
Damon Zane
It's the digital age. But I will always prefer traditional art. Mainly cause anyone can make something look good with a program.

I won't know about the anyone bit...I hardly can do digital art, at all. ^^;
Digital art, as traditional art, takes skill too.  

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

Mokumegane

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:00 pm
Lea Florens
Damon Zane

I won't know about the anyone bit...I hardly can do digital art, at all. ^^;
Digital art, as traditional art, takes skill too.

Eh, with practice, you can do it. There's TONS of tutorials out there, too... I prefer the traditional, as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:18 pm
I sometimes use photoshop but i don't have the tablet or what ever it is so it's very hard for me to use it with my mouse so I stick to traditional  

Espamistwalker

Kitsune no Gatsu Mei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:34 pm
I'm an inbetweener myself. I love working with graphite and such, but I use my tablet a bit more. All of my art is pencil sketches that are scanned and made into lineart. I have a whole folder as heavy as a dictionary filled with all of my traditional work. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:00 pm
a pen a pencil an eraser and a piece of white paper. thats all i use and all ill need

although im following the styles of imperial boy sensei im still sticking with traditional art (might use some comp software when my stuff gets bigger) for now, traditional ftw!!!  

Shuuchi

Devoted Lunatic

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:30 pm
I tried to do digital art but it took me like 4 days ^^ So I prefer traditional because then I know it looks alright  
Traditional Art

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff