Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Paying to max Evan Skills? Is this right? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kite Katolia

Timid Genius

6,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 am
If anyone has seen the Evan update notes, they see that you have to pay to master three skills, and these three skills are Magic Guard, Magic Booster, and Critical Magic. Now I've seen a couple videos of Evan, and they do have more hp, but no where near enough to throw magic guard away, and Magic booster while not as good as Guard, still makes training a lot faster, while Critical is new, I know what Critical damage can be like with Sharp Eyes on my bishop and Blaze, and it is awesome.

So tell me what you think. Do you think Nexon has crossed the line, making it so users who pay get a huge advantage over players, or do you think that they are just being a company, and trying to make money, also do you think it's fair?

Link to update notes, covers all Evan NX book prices.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?PART=/News/View&boardNo=100&contentNo=006Q4  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:03 pm
If this is true, Nexon has sunk to a new low.

But I can't say I'm surprised, they've always been pretty shady. I'm happy I quit years ago. stressed

Edit: I skimmed over the announcement, and it looks to me that those are an optional (but likely favored) way of getting those books. Nexon's going to reap the money from this...  

phillipo
Crew

Kite Katolia

Timid Genius

6,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:32 pm
phillipo

But I can't say I'm surprised, they've always been pretty shady. I'm happy I quit years ago. stressed

Edit: I skimmed over the announcement, and it looks to me that those are an optional (but likely favored) way of getting those books. Nexon's going to reap the money from this...

lol I played for an hour, and saw half the Evans wearing the "premium" Evan package, which was like what 13.8k? So I have to royally agree they are going to make a ****load of money off this.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:26 pm
Kite Katolia
phillipo

lol I played for an hour, and saw half the Evans wearing the "premium" Evan package, which was like what 13.8k? So I have to royally agree they are going to make a ****load of money off this.
For Evans that pack was free and is free until April 7th  

The Mighty Q

Chronos Interferon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:33 am
Indeed, when I first saw this (I check the Cash Shop daily lol) I saw the skill books and thought to myself, No way in hell have they done this. So I highlighted the books to read them. I then slapped myself and pinched my arm to see I was having a nightmare.

I wanted to scream... I live 30 miles outside of Los Angeles, where I think the Nexon America building is. I was so f[bleep]ing pissed, I actually considered going to Nexon America and shooting the CEO.

EDIT: Then I realized that this is just a stupid game and I went outside and smoked a cigarette and after 2 hrs of playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, I felt better...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:24 pm
I think it's a bit much, especially considering the max level of these skills without the books is 5, as opposed to 20.

The least they could do is raise the pre-book max up to 10 IMO, then it wouldn't be nearly as bad  

Elektro7

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Kite Katolia

Timid Genius

6,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:02 am
The Mighty Q
Kite Katolia
phillipo

For Evans that pack was free and is free until April 7th

Yeah I started asking random evans if they were going to buy the suit, most said yeah, or already have, or going to after the free one expires.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:35 pm
You never really notice how sharp and shiny those swords on your wall are until someone are something pisses you off.  

Chronos Interferon

kjl-pokemon

3,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:29 am
Arthur Interfuego
Indeed, when I first saw this (I check the Cash Shop daily lol) I saw the skill books and thought to myself, No way in hell have they done this. So I highlighted the books to read them. I then slapped myself and pinched my arm to see I was having a nightmare.

I wanted to scream... I live 30 miles outside of Los Angeles, where I think the Nexon America building is. I was so f[bleep]ing pissed, I actually considered going to Nexon America and shooting the CEO.

EDIT: Then I realized that this is just a stupid game and I went outside and smoked a cigarette and after 2 hrs of playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, I felt better...

You play fire emblem radiant dawn i do 2  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:32 am
I didn't think Maple would actually do that to any job, especially since it didn't happen to Arans, You'd think they'd follow the same kinda procedures.

Though I am hoping that later on they will maybe making monsters that drop the skill, though that'd be kinda a waste, wouldn't it? Since it's only this one mage job out of.. 4

Epic fail.  

BlackFireEX

Timid Spirit

TriEdge371

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:00 pm
is the evan permanent just need to know  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:48 pm
Ya its permanent.  

Dr4G00n Ud1n

Dr4G00n Ud1n

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:51 pm
When I first heard, I was like "no way" and didn't believe it. Now I'm hearing this AND I got proof, so now I'm pissed off at the fact WE have to spend actual money JUST to get some new level books. I mean, spending money to make your avatar cool is fair enough, but buying skills...well, let's just say, I'm gonna play Final Fantasy 7-13 more during the summer...my Evan's gonna be weak!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:01 pm
lol its like they r blackmailing us O.o  

kjl-pokemon

3,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

TriEdge371

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100