help me to choose aquarium fish?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Donniz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:59 am
've been thinking for a long time which fish I should collect for my aquarium.. I love cathulus -as you can see- but I don't think they are good enough for making me earn money by booty grab.

Any ideas about a good fish? Or are cathulus good if I collect more of them? I really appreciate if someone could help me! o.o  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:39 am
Cathulus are cute, but they are not a good booty grab fish.
Fish that trigger a lot and drop a lot of gold are the best for booty grab. Unfortunately, those fish are also the most expensive.
Obviously, I like dolphins, and dolphins have really paid for themselves.
Another point to make is that when you do get a decent tank that is full and has good high trigger fish you have to get them in as many grab threads as you can. More exposure means more people will play your tank when it is glowing. The only way to get a lot of invites is to have really good fish (again, the expensive ones rolleyes )
Right now mini monsters are very popular. A lot of them are good bg fish ( alot of them aren't so be careful) but they die soon. But they usually pay for themselves and get you a lot of invites.

here are fish I think are good:
dolphins
mermaids
airsharks (forget these... lol, 'absol ruler of chaos' has driven the price of these up to heaven blaugh )
lawnsharks (real good triggers that are not so expensive)
grunny subs (people love these because they drop gift boxes)
wolf pups
stone coatls
feathered coatls

if you buy a box of monsters, don't buy first strike. Almost all of those fish are crap.  

T_Megami
Crew

Donniz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:34 am
T_Megami
Cathulus are cute, but they are not a good booty grab fish.
Fish that trigger a lot and drop a lot of gold are the best for booty grab. Unfortunately, those fish are also the most expensive.
Obviously, I like dolphins, and dolphins have really paid for themselves.
Another point to make is that when you do get a decent tank that is full and has good high trigger fish you have to get them in as many grab threads as you can. More exposure means more people will play your tank when it is glowing. The only way to get a lot of invites is to have really good fish (again, the expensive ones rolleyes )
Right now mini monsters are very popular. A lot of them are good bg fish ( alot of them aren't so be careful) but they die soon. But they usually pay for themselves and get you a lot of invites.

here are fish I think are good:
dolphins
mermaids
airsharks (forget these... lol, 'absol ruler of chaos' has driven the price of these up to heaven blaugh )
lawnsharks (real good triggers that are not so expensive)
grunny subs (people love these because they drop gift boxes)
wolf pups
stone coatls
feathered coatls

if you buy a box of monsters, don't buy first strike. Almost all of those fish are crap.

Thank you so much for the answer! ^^ I will think of that.. I'm actually thinking about getting those wolf pups. But we'll see.. Thinking about collecting gold for an item or for a fish.. But thx anyways. Will think of what you told me next time I'm buying a fish! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:56 am
Another thing you might consider is how much gold the drop will give you. If you don't have the time to post your tank several times a day, the drop may be the only way to get a return on your gold. Although I don't have any in my tank at the moment, Memphis' return on a drop is about 122,000g on the market place.
But like anything else in GAIA, this could change tomorrow. Before a drop change, you could buy a cuttlefish for 1000g and sell the drop for 2000g. Now, the price is around 2000g and the drop is really low.
Also try to get a mixed tank. One of my mules has 10 deathroach drops. Trying to get rid of so many at the same time is no fun.  

Purtie
Crew

Obsessive Elder

Jussi Valo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:33 am
It depends are you looking for some quick cheap gold? Or do you want a lot of gold? With this tank I'm using the minis threw out an ok amount of gold but not a lot. Once I get enough gold I plan to get a tank full of high trigger mini's. I have a full tank of wolf pups on my main account and I get some good gold from that one.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:45 pm
Hm.. Yeah, that sounds nice. ^^ I want to earn lots of gold on my aquarium.. So that's kind of why I'm asking which fish that is good.. Dolphins are so expensive and doesn't live that long.. Watermeats are good but don't glow that much? And I'm thinking about wolf pup too, but I don't know so much about them.. Just that they're good when you got many of them. o.o  

Donniz
Crew

J.P. Chartreuse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
my dragonsies: let me show you them. (click bitte?)

I have (as you can see) a mixed tank with some dolphins, a grunny, some wolves, and lots of alpha grams. Alphas are good high-trigger fillers because they're relatively cheap but still throw up a pretty serious amount of gold: they can help you get started on your tank while you save up for bigger, badder fish.

It's always a good idea to have a grunny in your tank. It attracts people to the glow thread to know there's a chance of a PGB drop.

And dolphins live A LONG TIME. So they're a pretty good investment, if you can get enough exposure. Unfortunately I don't have many invites yet so I'm worried about my ability to recover my investment. D:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:51 am
they drop alot if you have alot but there alot of gold plus they live a long time so you have more time to get taps and more views usually the more of the same fish the more they glow together theres also the cat one thats green and i dont think its as exspensive either  

shinigami dream
Crew

8,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Invisibility 100

shinigami dream
Crew

8,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:53 am
oh and i would wait till they have another sell in the shops usually when they do that 50 percent off thats when they become uber cheap and quick grabs  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:10 pm
go with the outlaws  

Super Champ

Bluebelle Babe
Crew

Conservative Member

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:03 pm
You can't buy Dolphins from the shop anymore because they discontinued them. They cost over 700,000 gold in the marketplace, so they're really, really expensive! If I hadn't gotten lucky and bought a lot of Dolphins the day before they took them out of the shop, I would have gone with Blue Mermaids because they live longer than Mini-monsters.  
CHATTERBOX

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games