Will you help?
  Yes ma'am!
  Doubtful
  GOOOOLDS
View Results

Checkersaurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:04 am
Hey guys!
You can call me Checker, NJ, or Nancy, any one is fine!

so...
I ride horses in RL and i was wondering if you guys could help me out on a few tekteks i was playing around with...

ok so i know this one doesnt have great matching, but i was trying to make it realistic, and make it look like me at least a little! any advice on matching/other items i should add/remove? i think i would like to keep my hair/the mizuchi scales because i like them better than the masquerade freckles...

User Image

for the second one, i was trying to make a cheap tektek to use sometimes, so i am trying to keep the price under 2-300k if possible. any suggestions for this tektek? i am open and ready for comments/criticisms/whatever!

User Image

thanks!!!!

heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:46 am

Thanks for giving so much info to work with. :3

First one:
Since we're going more for realism, it bothers me that the pants are a pair of leggings... and look like leggings. Would one of the 'urban girl pants' or one of the 'elegant trousers' work for you?
I like your clever use of the mizuchi scales for freckles. However, the freckles on the legs bug me. Since they're just peeking out a little bit, I keep thinking blood. So, you can use any 'stocking' item or a 'leggings' item to cover the leg. They'd layer under the snug leggings. (Not to confuse the snug leggings with items like spacey leggings, blade's leggings, snowy leggings... They layer totally differently even though they share the word "legging.") (Snug leggings layer over socks/stockings and under pants.) (Spacey leggings, snowy leggings, blade's leggings layer under socks/stockings, under snug leggings and under pants.)
The other thing that bothers me is the shirt. And only because there are other, cheaper, white blouses. Like~ the white polyster shirt, white zoot suit shirt (too short), white class shirt.. and others. But if that shirt really is the perfect shirt, then keep it. I see no real problem with the shirt.

Second one:
XD Cute. Oh, and I see you know how leggings work.

The brown zoot suit shirt and the ice shimmer dress are on the same layer. You can't equip both of those items at once.

Um, we could get it to work if there were a brown undershirt, but there aren't any. (Actually, the Nestegg EI has a brown undershirt. It's very poofy and not right, though.)
We can rearrange the colors. Too bad there aren't any good white vests.
How about this? http://www.tektek.org/avatar/35610388 or this? http://www.tektek.org/avatar/35610432
(The spartan gloves would layer over one of the bracelets and under the other. It's not possible to show that on tektek. The spartan gloves would layer over the white medical gloves.)

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Checkersaurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:57 am
sdrawkcab

First one:
Since we're going more for realism, it bothers me that the pants are a pair of leggings... and look like leggings. Would one of the 'urban girl pants' or one of the 'elegant trousers' work for you?
I like your clever use of the mizuchi scales for freckles. However, the freckles on the legs bug me. Since they're just peeking out a little bit, I keep thinking blood. So, you can use any 'stocking' item or a 'leggings' item to cover the leg. They'd layer under the snug leggings. (Not to confuse the snug leggings with items like spacey leggings, blade's leggings, snowy leggings... They layer totally differently even though they share the word "legging.") (Snug leggings layer over socks/stockings and under pants.) (Spacey leggings, snowy leggings, blade's leggings layer under socks/stockings, under snug leggings and under pants.)
The other thing that bothers me is the shirt. And only because there are other, cheaper, white blouses. Like~ the white polyster shirt, white zoot suit shirt (too short), white class shirt.. and others. But if that shirt really is the perfect shirt, then keep it. I see no real problem with the shirt.

Second one:

The brown zoot suit shirt and the ice shimmer dress are on the same layer. You can't equip both of those items at once.

Um, we could get it to work if there were a brown undershirt, but there aren't any. (Actually, the Nestegg EI has a brown undershirt. It's very poofy and not right, though.)
How about this? http://www.tektek.org/avatar/35610388 or this? http://www.tektek.org/avatar/35610432
(The spartan gloves would layer over one of the bracelets and under the other. It's not possible to show that on tektek. The spartan gloves would layer over the white medical gloves.)

well thank YOU for giving such great feedback ^_^

as for my first tektek, im going to take your advice and play with it a bit, and see what i can come up with!

as for my second tektek, i really like your second option, and i think that i will use it!!! thanks so much!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:59 am
sdrawkcab

First one:

Second one:

oh and as for the white shirt on the first one, i chose it because the collar is very similar to my horse show shirt collar, and most of the other white shirts didnt have a collar that looked upturned (like the real ones) like this one does!  

Checkersaurus

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:42 am
Checkersaurus

as for my first tektek, im going to take your advice and play with it a bit, and see what i can come up with!

as for my second tektek, i really like your second option, and i think that i will use it!!! thanks so much!!!!!
Yeah, since the first is based on realism, there's not much I can suggest. I don't know what your uniform looks like, but you did combine a lot of neat items together. :3 I never noticed how well that jacket works with those boots. It looks good... all except the pants. Since, I'd think you'd want a sturdy pair of pants. ^^ If those are the only pants that work, well, then oh well~
You like the second option? Yay, glad to be helpful. :3
Ah, okay, then that shirt works very well. ^^ I just like to ramble on about different things just in case.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:47 am
sdrawkcab
Checkersaurus

Yeah, since the first is based on realism, there's not much I can suggest. I don't know what your uniform looks like, but you did combine a lot of neat items together. :3 I never noticed how well that jacket works with those boots. It looks good... all except the pants. Since, I'd think you'd want a sturdy pair of pants. ^^ If those are the only pants that work, well, then oh well~
You like the second option? Yay, glad to be helpful. :3
Ah, okay, then that shirt works very well. ^^ I just like to ramble on about different things just in case.

well i fully and heartily appreciated your rambling ^_^
and as for what the uniform looks like:
more casual:
http://www.ridethewilderness.com/belle at show 2.jpg
bit more formal:
http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/EquestrianCollections/GR00428?$productimage$

basically the shirts have to be a light pastel color, jackets have to be black, navy, dark grey, or really dark green, the britches(pants) are usually light tan or white, but can be any light neutral color, and boots have to be black or brown!!  

Checkersaurus

The TekTek Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff