Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Healthy Recipes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Am Smartie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:39 am
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been made yet.
I think the best way to make a permanent change is to get excited about all the possible new foods/recipes you can experiment with.

Share recipes which are delicious without testing the strength of your belt.

My mum has collected tons of free recipe cards from Waitrose supermarket over the years, and I've found this one which looks great:

Summer Crab Salad (serves 2) 15 minutes

Per Serving

246 kcal, 11.7g fat

Ingredients

100g asparagus tips, halved
12 cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
Grated rind + juice of 1/2 lemon
1stp honey
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
55g herb salad (find in the supermarket, or just have ordinary salad)
2 x 130g dressed cromer crabs
Salt + pepper seasoning
Optional: Bread to serve

Instructions

1. Cook asparagus in boiling, salted water for 2-3 mins until tender but with slight crunch. Drain and cool.

2. Mix asparagus + tomatoes, blend together lemon rind and juice, honey, oil and seasoning and pour over asparagus + tomatoes.
Toss well.

3. Place salad leaves on serving platter, top with asparagus mixture. Flake crab meat with a fork in a small bowl and scatter over the salad.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:55 pm
I swear there have been threads like this before but not recently. (And by not recently I mean not in the past year or so probs)

Roasted asparagus with roasted red pepper sauce.

A bunch of asparagus, trimmed.
2 red peppers, seeded and cut into quarters.
Garlic to taste, minced/crushed
Around a tbsp or two of olive oil

Grab a big bowl, and toss your asparagus and red peppers with the oil and garlic.

Arrange on a baking pan in one layer and pop in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Turn the asparagus and flip the red peppers, and put it back in for another 10 minutes.

If your red peppers are soft and the skins are black in some places, then they're done. If your asparagus is soft, it also is done. Turn the oven off and possibly even leave it cracked open a bit and leave the asparagus in there to keep it warm.

Take your bell pepper and toss it in a blender. Add in:

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine/balsamic vinegar mix (I usually throw about two healthy splashes of balsamic and fill the rest of the measure with red wine vinegar)
1-however many you like cloves of garlic minced,
Dried herbs such as basil and oregano
Some salt to taste.

If its runny add a bit more water.

You can pile the asparagus on top of brown rice, add the red pepper sauce and just go, its tasty enough to just have on it's own.  

Tandahda
Crew

Roslin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:59 am
[ I update it once or twice a month ]  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:03 pm
I just made this and its super fantastic.
Polenta with Lemony Asparagus and Chickpeas

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

From here: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2010/03/polenta-with-lemony-asparagus-and.html

For the polenta virgin: I'd never made polenta before this, she says to cook it for 30 minutes and use less liquid if you're cooking on the stove rather than in a pressure cooker, my polenta thickened up in like, 5 minutes. Next time I make it I'll be using the original liquid measurements to see if it cooks a little longer and doesn't end up so hard. (hard polenta is just as tasty and you can use leftovers for polenta lasagna though.)  

Tandahda
Crew

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games