Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Inner demons [self portrait]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cartooned DOOM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:24 pm
Awesome! I don't know how exactly to critique, but it looks great, I really like it.  

roxas-someones half

keichaos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:18 am
That one on the right side looks like Elmo. Anyways, this one is pretty well drawn actually! blaugh However, I do not know exactly how to critique this type of art! XD But well drawn nonetheless. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:24 am
WOW....It looks like the I magination of the dude in the picture is leaking out of his head.... 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding surprised eek whee xd 4laugh  

Inkmoon

Sunsway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:14 am
Oh, that's unusual! I'm not great with composition; having said that, I think that it would appeal to me more if the creatures on the top right intercepted at some points to lead the eye smoothly over the image. It looks a bit disjointed like this, but them looking at each other helps. The Sesame Street character is a nice touch (inner demon indeed!).  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:51 pm
What a neat drawing! I love how you have the guys face in a third (good ole rule of thirds!)

Everything has a great style to it so I don't really know what to offer as far as criticism. You can take this however you want because this is your piece and it looks great. There's one monster I would either remove completely or relocate, because you almost have a nice path going with your monsters that make your eyes just flow in a circle around all of the objects in this picture. The only monster messing it up is the 3 eyed flying monster just to the right of the guys head. If you took him out, my eyes start the guy, then it follows the monsters all up the right side of the page then ends up back at the top of the guys head. It's a great composition for that reason. You could even make the 3 eyed monster smaller and more in the background or something too. Either way, just a thought!!

I think it's an excellent piece regardless. :3 Just brain storming with you.  

Chinchillin Villain

Lost_Comet_Girl

Bashful Camper

4,075 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:07 pm
I like the varation of thickness when it comes to the lines, and the sense of chaoticness- Like Pandora's box being opened. But I think the only thing that may need some work is reviewing anatomy such as the neck and shoulders area. I really like the work on the hands, very nice on the holding of the pen smile . But other than that I think this is a very nice piece of art biggrin keep it up!! smile  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games