Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
What do you think of a girl in a heavy metal band? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukah, whatever holiday you celebrate, just take the gold.
  Thanks!!
  You left out my holiday. *tear*
View Results

Teh Rock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:39 am
I'm in one. I'm just curious to see what people think of girls in heavy metal bands.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:47 pm
Look at Arch Enemy. I wondered at what the band was doing, but she proved to be an amazing metal VOCALIST. Also remember Lita Ford, Doro Pesch (*sp), and that chick from Dakota Star (can't remember her name right now, sorry!). The point being, if the band can adapt to the changes a woman brings to it, than it is awesome.  

Lantis0001

Space_Monkee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:44 pm
chicks in heavy metal bands. . . nice combination. I think is kinna cool. gives a different flavor to the music, I suppose.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:20 pm
I honestly don't care. So long as they are competant on their instrument, it really doesn't matter. What I do hate is people who try to get some sort of novelty out of it, a la "OMFGZ!!!! That chick plays music!!"  

Saurencaerthai

apocalypse rider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:35 pm
i dont care. if the musician is talented what does it matter.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:04 am
*sigh* I wish more people felt like that.  

Teh Rock

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:06 am
I play guitar/ sing backing vocals in a metal band 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:24 am
Nice.  

Teh Rock

Miami92

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:43 pm
Its cool. whee 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:57 pm
Honestly? Nothing is hotter than a chick who can rock it hard in a metal band! I say: All The Power To Ya! exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim PM me, if you want to talk about music everyone.  

BlueHonu

Blacke Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:57 pm
... Being a Chick in a Punk Metal band, I can say that it's awesome. You get to wear leather and spike your hair. At the moment, my hair is longer than my inseam. cool You can imagine. And take that neat-o spray-colour stuff that glows in the dark and colour the spikes. It's just fun all around. And I so rock harder than those random, generic, dispassionate vocalists. Vocalists in general are useless. If you can't play something, go dance in back, says I. They couldn't rock my spit valve. pirate

Edit: You forgot Festivus! The Holiday for the restivus!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:40 am
Definitely awesome. Any guy can stand up and scream into a microphone and smash crap, but when a girl rocks out it's usually better. Metal is all about emotion, right? I think girls have an affinity for emotions (maybe I'm a little chauvinistic in thinking that, but I know a lot of guys that are just dumb jerks), so you've already got a bonus. Just make sure you can play =D  

Heptadragon

Teh Rock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:45 pm
In my opinion, music is a form of expression. Some people try to limit who can and can't express themselves through the arts, but everybody has a right to. It' sexism, pure and simple.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:55 pm
got_rock
In my opinion, music is a form of expression. Some people try to limit who can and can't express themselves through the arts, but everybody has a right to. It' sexism, pure and simple.

You are right, everyone has the right to create music. It is when they try to get the rest of the world to listen to it and tell them it's wonderful that I start to have a problem. I'm sorry; guys, in general, rock harder. I'm not saying that girls CAN'T rock, I'm just saying that most of them can't, and there's a reason for that. So, if you CAN'T rock, don't make me listen. Please. If you can, more power to you.  

Blacke Rose

W1nterSold1er

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:30 pm
got_rock
I'm in one. I'm just curious to see what people think of girls in heavy metal bands.

well what do you do in the band??

and yes, there are chicks in metal. bands like arch enemy, otep, the great kat, layleef, night wish *really good*  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff