Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
The Biggest Loser: Season 9 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:48 am
If you haven't watched, weeks 1-7 are online at Hulu.com

I'm on week 4, each episode is an hour and a half long.

If you don't watch it, do! It's such awesome motivation.

If you do, who are you rooting for?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:39 pm
I've only watched a few episodes, but I found the entire thing very inspiring. If they can do it then so can I! Especially since many of them have already lost the amount that I want to lose. I feel that supporting all of them is a good thing, that's what I like about from what I've seen. It's about winning a life, not being catty to one another.  

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

phloid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:18 pm
Yeah, I just started watching this season, I'm really enjoying it, definitely an inspiration!
I really like Sam and Oneal,
secondly I also like Daris and Stephanie
:3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:47 pm
I'm definitely rooting for the gray team, Sam and Koli.
The red team was making me mad though - they're being closed-minded and Melissa was totally trying to play the game rather than lose weight for her well being. When people start throwing others under the bus, it gets me mad because the whole point of the show is to save lives, not win cash.
Seriously, how can you lose ZERO POUNDS in 2 weeks on the campus? It's impossible.

I like O'Neal too, he seems really nice. And Stephanie, too, she seems like she has the potential to go all the way - what a fighter! She looks like one of my friends, too (who is smaller, but they're face-twins, I swear).

(: So inspiring. It helps me do my workout every day no matter what, knowing that they work out for 6 hours a day every day no holidays.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

phloid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:39 pm
Yes, Sam and Koli are definitely a great team (:
and OMG! I know, I was going to mention that about them, but I forgot > <
Seriously, Melissa is so there for the wrong reasons.
( and I'll try not to spoil too much 'cause I've watched more than you, but there's a little drama with Michael coming up about throwing others under the bus. Just something to look forward to, hah (; )

You're right though, definitely a huge inspiration. I really need to just think of Jillian screaming at me when I start feeling like slowing down! Haha > <

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:21 am
Ahhh I watched it. x:
It made me mad, Jillian was like, "this is the most f***** up thing ever". And when she says that you know it's bad. ._____.;;

Needless to say, I worked out even though I really didn't want to, haha.
Being on that ranch would be so awesome, I would get so toned. All of the people that are finalists or near there get so buff. o_o;

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Roslin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 am
I'd say Stephanie is my favorite from this season. And yeah, Red team was irritating... well Melissa was irritating really.

Even though I enjoy the show I don't really have a desire to go on it. Well, they would never have me on the way I am now anyway, I'm not nearly overweight enough for their taste. Also, even though I know they're effective and stuff, I don't think I could deal with a trainer yelling in my face. Jillian would have a black eye in a week or so.

I do enjoy that they seem to be more focused on nutrition lately.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:50 pm
JI don't watch the show on a regular basis, nor do I go out of my way to watch it/catch it on air.
However, when I do watch it, I do feel motivated to pop in a DVD or go running, some kind of exercise.

I am a fan of Jillian's DVD's, though. Her 'Boost Metabolism, Ban Fat' DVD is a killer! It's a 45ish minute workout, with 7 circuits. I hate doing it, but I know it works because I sweat so much.

GidgetGEARZ

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:36 pm
So tonight it was down to the final four, and I'm rooting for either Michael, Ashley or Daris. Koli seems to only care about winning the show versus winning his life back, and while I understand being competitive, we do not need someone who's not focused on his or her overall lifestyle becoming the biggest loser. At the beginning of the season I was rooting for either Michael or Daris, but I've gained a hell of a lot of respect for Ashley as well because she had more weight to lose than any other woman this season.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:27 pm
I caught the final four episode and my heart broke for Michael when they were showing previews of the next week's show. He was literally in tears at the thought that he could win the show and still be overweight and I just wanted to cry and give him a hug.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Roslin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:03 pm
I agree, I used to be a fan of Koli but now he is just obnoxious. His mind seems to only be on the money and it makes him annoying and cocky. To be honest I'm not big fans of these finalists, while I can understand each person's journey I just don't connect to them like I had previous contestants.

I feel for Michael, because I remember when I started losing weight I kind of would get into that groove of "Even if I lose 50 lbs I'm still overweight". Even if they tell him to focus on what he has accomplished it can be twisted into "How did I let myself get to the point where I had to lose that much to begin with?" thought process. It can be a toxic mindset to have so I hope he can work through that. I think his weight loss progression will become more difficult psychologically for him as well. The more weight he loses the harder it will be to lose weight (just like everyone else) but he's also become accustomed to seeing these monstrous numbers from week to week.

I wish the best for everyone.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:49 pm
Man i was rooting for Koli all season.

He's turned into a real cutie pie~! heart  

Soi Tsuba

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:32 pm
CONGRATS MICHAEL!!!!! (And everyone else, they all lost significant weight.)  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:33 pm
poor koli, he would have one. His percentage lost was way higher.  

Soi Tsuba

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:19 pm
Koli's attitude in the last few weeks was really upsetting for me. Everyone else was talking about the changes they've made and how far they've come and you could really see that their attitudes had really changed and they had embraced a new life. But Koli just talked about winning and anything after that was never mentioned. I goggled the results, but haven't gotten to actually see the episode. I'm really dying to see how everyone looks!  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games