Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Who else didn't like Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you like the movie?
  Yes! I loved it!! <3 <3
  It was alright.
View Results

canadianpunk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 pm
I went last night to see Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland (first day in theatres) and to be honest.. I didn't really like it that much =

Ok I did enjoy the fact that he included alot of the creatures, characters and quotes, but I guess just the movie itself is what I didn't like. I liked the Jabberwocky in the show/movie episodes of Alice, but I didn't like the one Tim Burton created. I think that in order to pull off a role in a book turned movie(such as this) you have to read the book and/or love it in order to portray the character really well. If you just read the script, then it doesn't work out.

My complaints are::
- Johnny Depp did a horrible job
- I don't like how Tim Burton has remade/did his own version of things with Johnny Depp as the main character and at random parts, it goes back in time, then when it comes back to reality, his characters are all sketchy. (exp. In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, when 'Wily Wonka' was remembering his childhood)
- It was waay too long and didn't really get to the point, which made it boring.
- Romantic scenes with The Hatter and Alice. (It was ok in 'Alice', but not this one)
- I"m pretty sure that the girls name is Alice Liddell, NOT Alice Kingsley!

I really think that Johnny Depp ruined the movie in a few different ways. But my biggest pet peeve was that for every single ad, his face was everywhere. I mean.. The Hatter is NOT the main character, and the only reason for that, is because of who played him.

Yeah I do realize that it was a completly different plot from the acutal books, I"m mainly complaining about how horrible the acting was. Yes, I do love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp is a pretty good actor.. Its just this movie... not the best, probably the worst. I"m sorry Tim, but you should of left this remake idea alone. You have ruined Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and now you have almost made me turn against the one story I love oh so much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:25 pm
lmfao. if i do say so my self. i do believe this is non sence. all the new movies of old ones just sucks. there stupid.

no point of watching them.
and then again people spend there money to watch shitty remakes.
just buy the old movie on dvd or video tapes.

don't waste your time and money on these bull shits.  

F4MOUS

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:01 pm
*sighs* Way to go putting people off.

It isn't that bad, I enjoyed it, though I thought it moved a little too fast. Actually I think they could of included a lot more to make it longer. Its not a film to be compared to the original AiW anyway. Just take it for what it is, its quite a fun movie and had some nice moments.

BTW its not a remake of the animated movie at all.  
The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games