Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Work-out regimens(and a few questions all wrapped up in one)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ngaurhoth1

Mega Glitch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:44 pm
What is your general workout regimen? What ever it is post it here~
Mine is:
50 wall push ups for pectorals and (alternatives would be nice, I can't do a normal push-up since an accident that required my knees to be stitched and I never completely recovered.)

70 sit ups for core(in two sets of 35)

50 Standing Dumbbell Curls for Biceps (I use 5 pounds at the moment)

and if you count swinging, over 9000 x3.

Here's my questions:
How often do you think you can upgrade your work out? Every other day, week, month, ect?
Are there any at home exercises you think of that work the biceps, triceps, forearms, pectorals, or core?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 am
Sorry it took me so long to get to this post. sweatdrop

I practically live at horse stables. I'm out there 3x per week riding, teaching others to ride, and training horses to be ridden (and the occasional problem-fixing etc.)

Caring for them involves a lot of shoveling, lifting 50lb bags of grain, 70-100lb bales of hay, and grooming/brushing/picking feet/etc. I own two but spend a lot of time with many others.

That's most of my workout. x_x I'm also doing 8-minute abs daily. I also walk all around campus 3x per week. I try to hit 10k steps a day. So, while I'm active I don't really work out all that much.

As for at-home exercises, I'm such a fan of the 8-minute series. I'm hosting the abs challenge right now, but you can run a YouTube search for 8-minute arms, abs, legs, buns, and stretch. All excellent workouts.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:49 am
I'm really big on the different video games for the Wii that focus on exercising along with workout videos. Everyday I try to do the following:

10 minutes jogging
10 minutes walking
(for these two I always use 3 lbs weights to get my arms involved and depending on the weather I either go outside or do it on the Wii Fit)
1 exercise routine from one of my exercise videos
1 workout from the EA Active More Exercises Game (currently on the Medium level of the 6 Week Challenge)
1000 punches with the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout game (it focuses on boxing hence the punches)
Stars' Abs Challenge (and hopefully other challenges in the future)

The way I decide on whether I need to change my routine is if I feel that I'm no longer being challenged. I was did the 6 Week Challenge on Light for about 4 weeks, but after those 4 weeks I didn't feel challenged anymore. By increasing an exercise time even a little, if I challenges me I feel that it's doing it's job.

Another thing that's really helped me to do my workout routine is to get into a very specific preparation ritual that puts me into the exercise mindset. There are certain clothes that I only wear when I'm exercising, certain shoes, and even a certain water bottle that I have when I'm exercising. Those things along with my ipod so I can listen to music that motivates me while I'm working out really help me get going and accomplish my goals.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:53 am
I agree with TMW. Exercise isn't supposed to be easy. That's what turns people off to it, but that's also what makes you look great. If you aren't putting forth a lot of effort, you won't get a lot of results.

So listen to your body, don't overwork it but at the same time, don't under-work. If you still feel like you could go for a jog after working out you haven't done enough haha. (:

You only get as much results as the effort you put in.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games