Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Tracker/nature/philosophy School

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:02 pm
http://www.trackerschool.com/
http://www.cotef.org/

I've never done this, but my brother has gone to the teen experiences for the past couple of years. If anyone's heard of Tom Brown, Jr.--apparently he's pretty famous but I'd never heard of him--this is a school he runs in New Jersey that teaches you things like how to survive in the wilderness, some philosophy, and ways to connect with, protect, and champion nature.

There are programs for kids as young as ten without a guardian and as young as four in the family programs, all the way through 17 and 18 through Coyote Tracks (under the second link) and programs for adults 18 and older through the Tracker School (first link), so there's something for everybody. You start at the beginning and work your way along and there's a lot to learn.

I hope to take the Standard class this summer if things work out. From what my brother says about it, it sounds amazing, and it could be really good for those of us whose paths involve closeness with the earth. He finds it incredibly enriching and powerful and inspiring.

I don't really know what else to say about it other than it's unbelieveably cool, but if anyone has any questions or concerns I'll respond as best I can. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:35 am
Paganism at it's best in my book.

But then, I hunt, fish, wildcraft, dig clams, garden.... etc...  

TeaDidikai

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:49 pm
*nods* VERY cool stuff. That's the place in life I'd like to get to sometime; living as close to in harmony with nature as I can. Right now, I'm quite the ways away.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games