Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
TMW's Journey to a Healthy Weight - 61lbs to go! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like Science Fiction?
  Yes
  No
View Results

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:17 pm
Hi Everyone! My name is Bridget and I just joined this guild today. I am very excited to become a member of a supportive community to help others reach their weight loss goals and to reach my own.

You are all welcome to leave comments in this journal!

In this journal I will be recording my daily food intake and exercise along with thoughts and feelings about how I see myself progressing on this journey.

Exercise:
15 minutes walking/running up and down my block with 3lbs weights. My block's on an incline that isn't too bad, but I'm still getting into shape. My goal for this activity is to be able to run up at least one side of the block.
10 minutes workout video focusing on arms.
20 minutes Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the Wii, focuses primarily on boxing.
24 minutes EA Sports More Workouts for the Wii - started the 6 week challenge on medium for a more challenging workout.
Total: 69 minutes

Food Intake:
Breakfast - small bowl of frosted mini wheats
Lunch - Lean Cuisine 3 Meat Pizza (I absolutely love Lean Cuisine's food)
Dinner - 1 dumpling, pork ribs, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy, 6 rice chips, 4 cheese quakes, 2 chocolate chip cookies, 1 lemonade cookie (Girl Scout cookie)
Evening - 1 bite of a chocolate rice cake and 3 cups unsweetened Earl Grey tea.

Review:
I'm proud that I exercised today. I was really tired when I got home from work and almost took a nap instead (a habit that also needs to be broken), but it helped that it was absolutely gorgeous outside. I was a bit nervous running around my block at first. Where I live isn't big on outdoor activities and I get nervous in front of people who see me exercising. Fortunately after I passed another guy who was out enjoying the weather I felt much better about the whole thing.
As for eating, once again dinner was my hard part. I only had one plate of food and each of those things was a serving portion. I know they aren't very healthy foods, but to be fair, this is one of my family's traditional foods that we only get as a treat. The other assorted odds and ends were me breaking and eating a bit more. My metabolism has always been slow, so the whole speeding it up by eating snacks too has never helped me. Other then the extras with dinner I feel that today was a success. Tomorrow I will be including the 8 minute ab challenge. Until tomorrow!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:34 am
I can definitely empathize with the napping after work/school, but the interesting thing is that the more you exercise, the more energy you'll get in the long run, so the problem should fix itself. (: <3
Best of luck!

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:07 pm
Exercise:
10 minutes exercise video focusing on buns.
8 minute ab challenge care of Stars
10 minutes jogging Wii Fit Plus (too chilly outside crying )
10 minutes free step aerobics on Wii Fit Plus
32 minutes Gold's Gym Cardio workout (boxing - hardcore)
24 minutes EA Active More Workouts (Day 2 of 6 Week Challenge on Medium)
Total: 94 minutes

Food Intake:
Breakfast - small bowl of frosted mini wheats with milk
Snack - 1 cinnamon crunch bagel with cream cheese from Panera sad
Lunch - Lean Cuisine Chicken Enchilada Suize with sour cream (lite) and one serving sun-dried tomato flavored rice chips, one chocolate chip rice cake.
Snack - 1 popcorn rice cake
Dinner - angel hair pasta with chicken Parmesan and tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, a handful of carrots, 2 cookies, and 1 chocolate chip rice cake with Nutella.
Snack - 1 scoop butter pecan icescream
Throughout the day - unsweetened tea and water

Today, I didn't do too hot with food. I don't want to make excuses for myself (the bagel), but when it's social eating (my boss at work bought the shipping team bagels) I'd rather stay in the loop then out of it. There's no excuse for the cookies and Nutella after dinner though. I really need to work on that. I'm not upset about the rice cakes for a snack and dessert. I seriously love rice cakes and since they're really low calorie to begin with I'm not going to worry about it.
I don't like counting calories, I've done that before and it didn't work so well. Still looking at what I ate today I did make some good decisions. I only had 2 cookies instead of my usual 4 and I ate carrots with dinner. I'm not a big veggie fan so doing this is a major accomplishment for me. Could have done without the ice cream too, but this time it was my dad offering and we're currently arguing and I wanted him to know I will still be civil with him.

On the workout side of things I had no idea that I had exercised that much today. It was a bit of a struggle, I wanted to take a nap after work again, but I was able to do it. Definitely a challenge to do all that work, especially the abs exercise and the EA part. But I have found parts of the workout that I really enjoy. My house is pretty old and not well heated and since it's still pretty cold around here my exercise clothes make me even colder. But that cold makes me motivated to move so that I will warm up. When I really get moving I warm up really well and that feeling makes the workout even more enjoyable.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:03 pm
Exercise:
30 minutes walk/jog with 3 lbs weights.
10 minutes workout video focusing on buns.
8 minute abs workout.
8 minutes cardio boxing advanced.
Total: 56 minutes

Food Intake:
Breakfast - small bowl of frosted mini wheats and a large glass of all natural orange juice
Snack - cinnamon crunch bagel with cream cheese sweatdrop
Lunch - Lean Cuisine mushroom pizza
Snack - white cheddar rice cake, 1 lemonade cookie
Dinner - 3 steak fingers, salad w/light vinaigrette, long grain wild rice, 1 scoop butter pecan ice cream, 2 chocolate cookies, 1 lemonade cookie sweatdrop I have got to stop eating cookies...
Throughout the day - water

Not too pleased with myself today on some parts, but let's start with the good parts. I had only intended to be out for 20 minutes, it turned into a half hour, not that I regret that at all because it was beautiful out and I've been inside far too much. Stupid winter. Anyway I walked up the block 3 times and I ran down the block 3 times. On the third time running down I made it down the entire block without having to stop and just walk and for me this is quite the accomplishment. smile Unfortunately I wasn't able to do all of my usual exercising today. Normally when I'm exercising and I get to the boxing part I'm revved up and totally going, but today I was exhausted beyond belief and not feeling energetic at all so I stopped after my 8 minutes of boxing. I guess that's part of listening to my body. Another thing that I was happy about today, when I got up this morning my abs, my neck, and my legs were sore. Other then my neck it felt good to be sore because I knew that that means I'm pushing myself again with my workouts.

As for food again, damn cookies and bagel. OK, I need a lesson in will power. I've been doing alright getting rid of the salty things in my diet (or at least regulating them down to something reasonable). I don't know, am I still eating too much? I haven't been binging on things like I've done before, namely eating a portion of every salty snack type thing in the house, so that's an improvement. I can't keep making excuses for myself, there will always be the foods I love later, so I can live without them. I need a lesson in will power. I heard yesterday that by doing different activities with your non-dominant hand can increase your concentration and your will power to do new things, like resisting foods that you don't need. Tomorrow is a new day, goal for tomorrow: no cookies.

Am I writing too much? smile  

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:58 pm
Exercise:
None today. sad

Food Intake:
Breakfast - small bowl of frosted mini wheats
Lunch - (microwave at work broke) 1 mini chicken wrap with fries from Runza (their food at least looks in real life like the pictures)
Dinner - 2 slices of Digiorno pizza (1 pepperoni and 1 4 meat), 3 chocolate chip cookies
Throughout the day - water and unsweetened tea

I didn't make my goal today of not having any cookies. Also looking over the past few days I've noticed my habit of making excuses for my eating habits. No more excuses. I could have ordered a salad for lunch or at least not had the fries. I did not need the cookies. As for the exercise: I did four days in a row, it's good to take one day off. Definitely not taking off for the abs challenge again though.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:02 am
Exercise:
10 minutes jogging w/ 3lbs weights
10 minutes free step w/ 3lbs weights
10 minutes workout video focusing on buns
30 minutes cardio boxing
25 minutes 6 Week Challenge on Medium focusing on arms

Food Intake:
Breakfast - small bowl of Special K w/milk
Lunch - Chicken and Rice Pilaf Lean Cuisine  

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:46 am
Exercise:
8 minute abs
10 minute workout video focusing on abs
20 minutes free step
10 minutes free run
30 minutes boxing
25 minutes EA workout
Total: 93 minutes

Food Intake:
Breakfast - Lean Cuisine Breakfast Sandwich
Lunch -
Dinner -  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:24 pm
Wow!
You're really working hard exercising!
That's amazing, and kinda inspiring
(I definitely need to do more > <)

phloid

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:58 pm
your doing great. keep up with that exercising!dont slack on it and you'll see major results!what weight are you currently at?and what is your goal? and are you drinking enough water?we are here to support you. good luck!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:26 pm
Thank you so much guys for all of you support! Don't worry Fantasy, I drink more then 8 glasses a water a day. I missed yesterday, but I'm back on the ball today.

Exercise:
10 minutes free step with 3lbs weights
10 minutes free run with 3 lbs weights
10 minutes workout video focusing on abs
8 minute abs challenge
25 minutes boxing
25 minutes EA Active on Medium
Total 88 minutes

Food Intake
Breakfast - small bowl of granola with milk
Lunch - small bowl of granola with milk
Snack - 2 bison sticks
Dinner - 2 soft shell tacos with rice chips

So today I took the plunge and decided to weigh myself. After one week of exercising and really trying to keep my food intake reasonable I'm proud to say that I've lost 4lbs - only 66lbs left to my goal. I really think this guild has helped with that because I've exercised before for a week and didn't lose a pound, but here I know that there are other people going through the weight loss journey as well and it really helps me through it.  

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Roslin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:40 am
You're doing a great job! I am very impressed with your exercise! Are you giving up soda as a whole too? I remember that was the hardest thing I did. Maybe after a while you can work in some more strength training.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:46 pm
Thanks Roslin! Fortunately for me I'm not a fan of pop so cutting it out of my diet wasn't a problem. The tea that I'm drinking is just ordinary Bigelow without any sweetener so I can enjoy something nice without worrying about calories. What would you recommend for strength training?

Exercise:
10 minutes free step with 3lbs weights
10 minutes free jog with 3 lbs weights
10 minutes workout video focusing on abs
26 minutes cardio boxing
25 minutes EA Workouts on Medium
8 minute abs challenge
Total: 89 minutes

It's official, this has become too easy, I'm not even exhausted or that sweaty. So this means for tomorrow: TIME TO REV IT UP!!! I'll be doing a 15 minute workout on a new exercise video, and using 5lbs weights for free step and job. Depending on how that increases the difficulty I may or may not increase the duration of those exercises to 20 minutes each.

Food Intake:
Breakfast - small bowl of granola with milk
Lunch - ranch quakes, chicken lean pocket, two granola bars
Dinner - beef lo mein, rice, 2 cream cheese wontons, one scoop of icecream

I was really hungry at lunch today so I probably over ate. I probably should make sure to eat at a regular time to keep that from happening. As for the rest of the day I felt really good about things, even eating the Chinese food. Still have enough for lunch tomorrow. smile  

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:48 pm
Exercise:
10 min exercise video (pilates are weird...)
10 min free jog w/3lbs weights
20 min free step w/5lbs weights
23 min cardio boxing
28 min EA workout on med.
8 min ab challenge
Total: 119 min

Still trying to figure out what is the best way to increase my exercise routine for now. The 20 min of free step with 5lbs weights was a bit too much and I want to find the balance of where the workout is a challenge, but I'm not hurting my body to the point where exercising isn't going to change anything about my weight. Also, pilates video left me feeling like a noodle. A very tall, wobbly noodle. I've got mixed feeling about it. For one thing it was good to get that stretched out (I'm not that flexible to begin with and it would be good to change that), but at the same time it wasn't the type of challenge that I'm looking for. Tomorrow I think I'll try another workout on this video and see how I feel about it. Also I think I will cut the free step back to 10 min again, but make sure to use 5lbs weights. I'm going to have to buy some heavier weights eventually. smile

Food Intake:
Breakfast - 1 breakfast lean pocket (270)
Lunch - cheese chex mix (130) and beef lo mein with rice
Snack - cheese chex mix, bison stick
Dinner - 1 chicken quesadilla lean pocket w/cheese chex mix, ice cream w/rice crispies

I didn't do so well today. I'm eating a lot more calorie wise then I did last week and that'll only result in weight gain. Probably won't weight myself until the 22nd just to work out this bit of badness. I stress ate. It's cloudy and cold out after last week's sun and warmth. I get SAD really easily so I think it was part of it. Also I got the chance to talk to my aunt who lives in Minnesota for a bit, but that just made me upset. Not because my aunt is bad, she's great, but because of how much I miss living in Minnesota. My friends are all there, I have relatives that I really care about up there, and the life I wanted is up there. And here I am, stuck in my parents' home working at Old Navy watching my life disappear. OK, getting to depressing for a food journal. The main fact is I overate, I shouldn't have done that, and I can do better tomorrow. I always have tomorrow...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:21 am
So today and yesterday were nasty days and now I'm in a bit of a slump. I did about 38 minutes of a yoga pilates workout tape, but didn't have the motivation to finish the last 3 minutes or do anything else today. I'd binge, but I don't really want to. All I want to do is drink and drink and drink. I'm not an alcoholic, but Goddess I have the makings of one. My math GRE grade may keep me from going to grad school, it snowed yesterday and has been a cloudy miserable mess for the last 3 days, I might lose my job because the shipping team isn't fast enough, and oh yeah, I'm stuck in the most horrible place in the country 350 miles away from the people and things I give a damn about. Exercise isn't really on the top of my list of things to do right now, hurray for depression! I don't know if I'll be around for the next few days, but I'll try. Until then.  

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:47 am
Depression is hard to deal with when you're trying to lose weight, it's hard to deal with all the time but when trying to lose weight it's even harder. When I'm in the middle of a spiral, I find one of the most helpful things is to set up an eating schedule. I run the gamut of eating, over, under, not at all, when I'm depressed, but a schedule helps a lot.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff