Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Advice from a Caterpillar
My Alice avi~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T h e Panda L o v e

3,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:10 am
Okay,I'm trying to make an Alice avi~!No,I'm not asking for donations or help.But,I wanted to see what you guys think of it.Here it is:

User Image

I know,it doesn't look that great,but I'm trying to make it cheap ^^;
But I'm putting other stuff that I already have on it too like:
Black and white armwarmer
black handwarmers
coraline key
Drink me potion
angel speechbubble
ect.

Please no flaming!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:44 pm
Hey, hey; there's no set look for 'Alice'. XD I think it's a cute avie. Overall, I like it... I would like to match the blues a little more, but that's just because I like balance, haha. The Drink Me bottle would be a good addition! *nodnod*  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:50 pm
It looks cute. although you need a headband of some sort that will match your avatar and the drink me bottle would work . maybe the wonderland Mc too for the cheshire cat companion pose.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm
I actually want more information since I'm not sure what to make of it as it's so very.... simple. You say cheap but what's your definition of that? While I agree that there might not be one exact set definition of what Alice looks like (though Tenniel's illustrations and Alice Liddell might be good stepping stones they're not set in stone) at the same time this particular avatar looks so simplistic that it looks generic. It doesn't say "Alice" to me, it says "random any-girl". As for the other stuff you already have that you're thinking of putting on it I'd like to see some examples - I can't imagine girl avatars well. The one item I do I have a comment on is the "angel speechbubble" - do you mean the Angelic Mood Bubble (just trying to be precise here)? If so, why? What about Alice is angel related? What does it possibly add? While I don't suggest that she is necessarily demonic, I don't see her as being "angelic" either (personally I found her character a bit rude). Unless the idea here is that you, as yourself, are cosplaying as Alice and it's whatever mood you happen to be in. Then my suggestion would be to expand on the mood bubble idea instead of only one.  

Irish Stout

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 pm
See here's what you could do

User Image  
Advice from a Caterpillar