Reply Writing Discussion
Would you read this?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jareths Girl_24TTW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:09 pm
I'm trying to get my book published, but I was wondering how many people would even want to read it. So here is the summary I would put on the back and after you read it please tell me weather you would read it or not.

Isla Angel
Intro

Pamela shot up in bed gasping for air. Sweat beading on her forehead. She quickly put her hands up to her throat. She could have sworn there had been dark shadowy hands where hers are now trying to stop the oxygen from coming into her lungs. Each breath she took was sweet and precious now . She’s sure these dreams she’s been having are real enough to kill her.

Pamela is a sixteen year old girl. She has long and wavy hair that is a golden color. She also has eyes as blue as the sky. Pamela is a total Alice in Wonderland freak. She’s never been considered a “Normal” girl by anyone, but her mother because since she was four she’s been having phsycic dreams. This has made her an outcast to her whole school, despite Todd her older brother being the star quarter back on the school football team. She doesn’t know why she’s having these dreams about death and sadness. Nor does she know it is her destiny to stop them from happening in real life. She knows nothing about the war between good and evil going on. Last, but not least, she knows nothing about how important she is to the war. The good must conquer the bad to save humanity, but they need her help to do it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:49 pm
I think it's an interesting idea, and I'd probably read it. My only complaint is that your sentence structure leaves something to be desired.

Anyway, the plot seems very interesting, and I think it has potential to be a good read.  

EstoPerpetua

Crystalbow
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Your grammar is quite poor, to be completely honest. sweatdrop But of course, being grammatically correct takes some practice. Personally, it wouldn't be a book I'd pick up, as my main concern with books these days is originality, pretty much newer ideas that haven't been used very much. I'm writing my book for the purpose of exposing a few things that are wrong with society, since like Pamela, I'm an outcast, and I see things as they really are, and at the same time, I'm trying my best to create a heart-jerking story. Very clever people might actually realize the real truth behind the story, which people these days need to know. Purposes like these add real originality to the story and help it become more appealing for determined readers.  
Writing Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games