Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Necronomicon Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Narcotic Cupcake

Fashionable Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:09 am
I'm not quiet sure this belongs here so...yeah sweatdrop

Anyways, I bought this book from the book store (shocker =O) called Necronomicon, now I haven't read through much but so far I have ran into 2 or 3 warnings, warning against doing any of the rituals around any mentally or emotionally unstable being, saying that someone they knew did a simple ritual and their dog who was in the room during the ritual attacked the person, lots of warnings basically.

So, anyone read it ? What did you think if you have ?

Edit: Apparently there are alot of hoax Necronomicons or something of that sort, but I am still curious oO;

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:36 am
While the belief that the Necronomicon is a creation entirely of H.P. Lovecraft isn't completely accurate, it also isn't too far off. There are many cultures that in one way or another have a book for the Dead, usually pertaining to Workings that can be done in relation to death. However, Damn near any book you get entitled "Necronomicon" will almost certainly be a load of trash compiled by people who either didn't know what they were doing or set out to intentionaly mess with people. Personaly, while I wouldn't outright suggest burning the damn thing, I would seriously suggest that you be incredibly careful if you should ever choose to use the book as even a reference to a personal Working. I believe that it is true that if you believe something strongly enough it can be true, as do many who partake in energy manipulation. I also believe, however that there are a great many things that can twist and warp that belief after the fact. I feel that many "translations" of the "necronomicon" tend to do this either directly or indirectly.  

Shavis

SoilWork

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:53 am
The one by simon? I have worked with and read the one by simon. Many will tell you it's fake and does not work, I agree it is indeed not a 700-2000 year old tome of black magic, but it DOES work. Many of the conjurations were edited by Simon and the gang to spice it up a bit, the seals were made withing the last 100 years..most likely by simon. But the powers within are very real even if they were just thought-forms created by lovecrafts mythos or the actual gods, or created by Simon and the gang. If you plan on working with the book then i sugest you follow what it says because any entity CAN be dangerous. It's a powerful book to work with, just don't trick yourself into thinking it's an ancient tome...because well it's just not, some of the incantations and conjurations CAN be traced back , but these are spiced up to make you want to do it more and get the energy flowing. Also just incase you care it says there are no effective banishings which is complete bull, this is a test to see if you will do the research, occult books are usually full of them. The Solar Cross is a GREAT banishing against necronomicon entities, because they are planetary spirits and not to mention the book is supposed to be dark, so light works well against. IAM's solar meditation is a good one also. The christian lord's prayer seems to have worked for a few people. So good luck with the system and PM me with anymore questions that you may have.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:21 pm
The Pseudonomicon, by Phil Hine would probably be a good companion to working with the Necronomicon. Just keep in mind that the Necronomicon is a work of fiction and you'll do fine.  

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:16 am
Skip the Necronomicon, if you are looking for something of that ilk, I suggest the Noctrunicon or Summoning Spirits.

Or you could start "small" and work with the Goetia first. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:52 pm
TeaDidikai
Skip the Necronomicon, if you are looking for something of that ilk, I suggest the Noctrunicon or Summoning Spirits.

Or you could start "small" and work with the Goetia first. mrgreen

Nocturnicon, ah what a great book. I was glad to see that Konstantinos started to embrace his darker side, although he seemed to be trying to appeal to the "goth" crowd a little bit. I found his book to be accurate and insightful and would reccomend it to anyone.

I did start out with the goetia myself, had a strange experience with Sitri that I could post when time allows.

Yeah getting off topic there, sorry.  

SoilWork

Something to Replace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:49 pm
*giggle* i have that book...i just read it out of boredom

it has a bad reputation. someone i met at the bookstore was Pagan and actaully /afraid/ to touch the book. i think that's dramatic..but i think if you don't get carried away with it by sacrificing animals because of it (like a friend of mine had) i think it's basicly safe.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:53 pm
inblood_isoak
*giggle* i have that book...i just read it out of boredom

it has a bad reputation. someone i met at the bookstore was Pagan and actaully /afraid/ to touch the book. i think that's dramatic..but i think if you don't get carried away with it by sacrificing animals because of it (like a friend of mine had) i think it's basicly safe.

Indeed it does, I have a friend who says he feels like he is being watched when he read it...yeah. But umm about your friend where in the world does it say anything about sacrificing? Except to the watcher but then it says that you can use bread.  

SoilWork

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:40 am
LOL I moved a copy of the necronomicon by Lovecraft from the New Age/pagan section of my local coles to the fiction section the other day. It just really didn't belong there.
For necromancy, I picked up a book called Communing with Spirits, but I can't at the moment remember the name of the author. That Nocturnicon sounds neat too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:16 pm
I think it's a bit unfair to address the Nocturnicon as "appealing to the goth croud"- it's far more a function of it embracing what goths claim to embrace, but the snot-nosed angst-muffins don't really understand.  

TeaDidikai

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:47 pm
i've flipped through it a few times...didn't find much interest in it myself...it's deffinitly something to mess w/ i'd label it as very advanced magick that even elders should take care performing anything in it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:33 pm
wicked_faery
i've flipped through it a few times...didn't find much interest in it myself...it's deffinitly something to mess w/ i'd label it as very advanced magick that even elders should take care performing anything in it.
I'd lable it fiction. You know, since it was written by Lovecraft.  

TeaDidikai

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:19 am
TeaDidikai
wicked_faery
I'd lable it fiction. You know, since it was written by Lovecraft.
true but u can never fully know whether the spells & rituals are real. much fiction is based off of some sort of fact. so all i'm saying is if anybody wants to take it seriously then they should do so carefully  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:21 pm
wicked_faery
true but u can never fully know whether the spells & rituals are real. much fiction is based off of some sort of fact. so all i'm saying is if anybody wants to take it seriously then they should do so carefully

I disagree. I think a bit of research and some good sense will tell you that most flying ointment won't make you fly (well, not physically anyway) and that works of fiction are not valid unto themselves outside of the creation of thought forms or constructs and the assertion I hear now and then about how "The Olde Ones" being able to beat Thor's a** is absurd.  

TeaDidikai

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:40 pm
wicked_faery
i've flipped through it a few times...didn't find much interest in it myself...
meaning i didn't read it fully so i wouldn't know what the spells are. please get off my back for not being so smart as u.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff