View Results

Faiths Only Hope

Shy Snack

11,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm
Did you like The Beatles in thier first few albums or their last few? Personally I liked them a little better when the first few because they had a kind of edge in their voice. Not saying they didn't when they were older.

Younger

Older  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:04 am
i don't find any difference. :l
well maybe a little difference, but i can't choose sides, really.
i love revolver, rubber soul and please please me but sgt. pepper's and abbey road was as awesome as well, so yeah.

asdfghjklyo

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Scarredskull13

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:47 pm
Recently, I've been lisening to older stuff. But I will always favour the later time period. It had more variety and I loved the instrumental stuff and stuff with the piano and sitar and mandolin.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:13 pm
It's all good, but I think I favor later.  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Medazzaland

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:56 am
Do you mean 'younger' as in when they were younger, or do you mean their music?

I liked their first few albums. Their last few were really great too, but all their first ones seemed all happy while the last ones seemed to have a certain sadness in them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:51 pm
If you mean just their voices, I don't notice much of a difference, so I can't say. If you mean the music...

I like their earlier stuff for its...unjadedness. I can't think of the right word. I just know that they were happier with each other back then and all got along and everything.

Musically, though, I prefer their later stuff because it's much more interesting.  

practicallyzen

daydreamer_girl

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:57 pm
Um um....actually what I like most about the Beatles is the evolution of their sound from their first CD to their last. So I honestly can't say I prefer one over the other because each CD has their own endearing "sound" to it which I love. Although I will say that at the moment, Revolver has my favorite "sound", the CD as a whole that is.

But I'll also admit they became more experimental as time wore on as well, and they became more skilled in their craft too. So the sound variety is definitly something I'll always find endearing.

They sounded so innocent and naive, and bouncy in their earlier stuff which becomes replaced with very colourful and darker imagery in the later ones. Again, I love both.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:48 pm
So Static
If you mean just their voices, I don't notice much of a difference, so I can't say. If you mean the music...

I like their earlier stuff for its...unjadedness. I can't think of the right word. I just know that they were happier with each other back then and all got along and everything.

Musically, though, I prefer their later stuff because it's much more interesting.

I am talking about just the music or just do you like it their songs from when they're older or younger. Much of the older music is very experimental which I and many others like about the older section of music. Where the younger music is more traditional rock and roll. Also I do agree with many of you that it is hsrd to choose.  

Faiths Only Hope

Shy Snack

11,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Then Again Maybe Not

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:05 pm
□□□Pepper the Beatle□□□

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

You know, I love 62 to 66 the most. I'm not saying I don't like Sgt. Pepper, or Magical Mystery Tour, or Abbey Road White Album or the sorts, because they are great albums, but I love the innocence and the rock and roll and the fun before. Everyone got a little out of it when Eppy died (god bless your soul, Eppy), and then when the big japanese elephant came in and distracted people, and stole George's cookies, I think it kinda mucked things up at times.
I'm ranting.
-is shot-

But, you know, I just love the happy, carefree, smiling-while-they're-recording-all-the-time Beatles. It makes me very happy. c:
Like the Think For Yourself takes and stuff. I love it. xDD Doyouwanttoholdapenis= win.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

□□□Don't cane her sir, she was led astray!□□□  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:34 pm
Then Again Maybe Not
□□□Pepper the Beatle□□□

You know, I love 62 to 66 the most. I'm not saying I don't like Sgt. Pepper, or Magical Mystery Tour, or Abbey Road White Album or the sorts, because they are great albums, but I love the innocence and the rock and roll and the fun before. Everyone got a little out of it when Eppy died (god bless your soul, Eppy), and then when the big japanese elephant came in and distracted people, and stole George's cookies, I think it kinda mucked things up at times.
I'm ranting.
-is shot-

But, you know, I just love the happy, carefree, smiling-while-they're-recording-all-the-time Beatles. It makes me very happy. c:
Like the Think For Yourself takes and stuff. I love it. xDD Doyouwanttoholdapenis= win.

I agree so much with much of your statement in so many ways. Thank you for proving that point.

Faiths Only Hope

Shy Snack

11,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Then Again Maybe Not

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:45 pm
Faiths Only Hope
Then Again Maybe Not
□□□Pepper the Beatle□□□

I'm ranting.
-is shot-

I agree so much with much of your statement in so many ways. Thank you for proving that point.

□□□Pepper the Beatle□□□

Of course, love. Don't expect it to happen again--OHMYGODARETHOSEBISCUITS?.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:35 pm
To be honest, it depends on my mood because I love them both young and older.  

Vicarage Tea

Dangerous Prophet

8,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
The Beatles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items