We Are The Fallen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We are the Fallen?
  yes, I love them already!
  No, they're riding on the tide of the girl fronted goth band fad
  Why did you even bring that up here? It's not goth, blah blah blah *flame option*
  -poll whore-
View Results

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:07 am
Anyone heard of them? I don't know much about them other than that they are touring near me soon, but they were started by an ex-member of evanescence and I was wondering what you all thought of them.
I've listened to their sample tracks on their web page and I think they're decent. Their singer is no Amy Lee, but very few people have pipes like Ms. Lee, and their lyrics are good from what I've heard.

The real question is, are they worth an almost 3 hour drive on a weekday night to go see? If they are incredible live and an experience that shouldn't be missed, then I don't mind the drive, but if they're only mediocre then I'd rather sleep and get my work done. They're also only the opening band for HIM, which would be a concert I'd love to go to for fun anyway, but not worth a 3 hour drive on a weeknight.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:30 am
Towards the end of Ben Moody's stay with Evanescence, I began to regard the band as a joke. After he left, and all of the stupid drama occurred between managers and Seether and Cold and band members and whatever, I looked at them as a bad joke.

After Moody went through writing for a few other artists, it seems him and the other ex-members miss riding the Evanescence fifteen minute fame wave.

Their vocalist was on American Idol, and seemed pretty decent, but one makeover to a style freakishly similar to Amy Lee's, and voila, new Lee replacement.

I think my biggest problem with this band is how similar they are to Evanescence. I mean, really, the best name you could come up has the word "Fallen" in it; could this possibly be a really obvious reference to the album "Fallen" that went golden? Oh, huh, that new and completely unique song could probably fit on to an Evanescence album, and I'd be none the wiser. It's like they should have named themselves "Hey, Amy, We Remade The Band Without You, So Go ******** Yourself".

And what's left of Evanescence is such a huge disappointment. I used to be a big fan, but again, all of the bullshit that happened again and again and again just really turned me away from them. Now they're music is lack luster and it seems like their music is just a soulless formula.

It's a shame, because they all seemed like that had potential with Origin.  

PetreyDish

Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff