Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Books and Magic
  Are the perfect combo
  Poll Whore <_<...>_>...^_^
View Results

Liltweet_gal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:33 pm
By E.D. Baker. It's an awesome series, three books (I think) Anyone read before?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:55 pm
If it's the book I'm thinking of then I personally didn't like it. If I read it when I was younger I probably would have loved it. I can't remember why exactly as it was last summer, but I remember being somewhat disapointed.  

doodlebuggey88

tecche

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:00 pm
I've read all but the third one. I started that one, but lost interest for the time being. Time travel ploys do that, for me. Also, I didn't like the prince that much. Though I liked the books overall.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:35 pm
I'm not a big fan of princesses, but sometimes authors sneak something worthwhile in under the title (I liked the musical ONCE UPON A MATTRESS, for instance, which is all about princesses.)

Is there anything particularly neat about the series that might sway someone sitting on the fence?  

Harbone

tecche

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:26 pm
It's a little snarky in places. There's more to it than the usual "Frog Princess" plots. Enough to extend to three books.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:17 pm
tecche
It's a little snarky in places. There's more to it than the usual "Frog Princess" plots. Enough to extend to three books.

Snarky? It softly and suddenly vanishes away?
Or does this have nothing to do with 19th Century nonsense books?  

Harbone

tecche

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:49 pm
Harbone
tecche

Snarky, as in sarcasm with a little more bite to it. Where did that other definition come from? I guess I'm not up on 19th Century literature. Not that that's a surprise. I be a fantasy reader, of mostly live authors.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:56 pm
I only read the first one. The first one was really adorable, so I would like to someday read the sequels.  

lavenvi05

Harbone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:52 pm
tecche
Harbone
tecche

Snarky, as in sarcasm with a little more bite to it. Where did that other definition come from? I guess I'm not up on 19th Century literature. Not that that's a surprise. I be a fantasy reader, of mostly live authors.

Oh, sorry, keep missing this thread.

THE HUNTING OF THE SNARK, by Lewis Carol, of Alice In Wonderland fame, is a long nonsense poem that ends like this:

"He had softly and suddenly vanished away,
for the Snark was a Boojum, you see."

I'm fond of it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:48 am
Harbone
tecche
Harbone
tecche

Oh, sorry, keep missing this thread.

THE HUNTING OF THE SNARK, by Lewis Carol, of Alice In Wonderland fame, is a long nonsense poem that ends like this:

"He had softly and suddenly vanished away,
for the Snark was a Boojum, you see."

I'm fond of it.

Ooooh. I get it. Wicked.  

tecche

CrownPrincessLaya

Heart Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:30 am
I read that series too, it was alright... but the prince was sort of a dork and seemed... I don't know... kind of simple...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:46 am
CrownPrincessLaya
I read that series too, it was alright... but the prince was sort of a dork and seemed... I don't know... kind of simple...

That was my main issue with the books. The prince bugged me. That and the whoel time-hopping thing. I haven't finished the third book yet - the time travel sort of put me off. But I will finish it eventually.  

tecche

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:01 am
I have to admitt I liked the series, but the prince really bugged me.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:21 am
I love this series, it's a break from the normal epic fantasy I usually read. ^^ But there's four books, although the fourth one you can only find online at this time (it's called No Place for Magic, if I remember correctly).  

Ashtaye

arugala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:31 pm
It's awesome. I wanted the big book that had all three from the book fair at my school, but my parents wouldn't give me the moeny. emo i think it's an excellent series and can't wait to read the next book. it's sad that her aunt got turned into a mean old hag and "broke up" with her one true love H-something-something ("H-something-something"= i don't know the name, but i know it began with an 'm'.) the prince and the princess shoudl really get together, even if the prince is a bit...eh...weird  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games