9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:36 am
ѕυ¢н α
вєαυtιfυℓ ιѕαѕ+єя

*~*~*
Just a random statement at how backwards subcultures can be.

I've lived in FL and CA for almost my entire life and the pressure has always been to be "beach beautiful tan"

Now, I have a gothic love of my life and I'm moving to the mountains of Pennsylvania, and the pressure is to be pale!

THINGS ARE SO BACKWARDS!

Now, I've never been one to crack under peer pressure or to do what was considered "fashionable". Its quite prominent that I've always chosen my own fashions and completely ignored current statements. BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS! LOL

It used to be that when I wouldn't have time for sunshine in the summer because of work or school I'd get told by my girlfriends that I should lay out or something. NOW, I spend a day in the sun and my boyfriend is scrutinizing how tan I may have become -.-

Its not like my personality and looks are defined by my skin tone.
*~*~*
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 pm
true....so do what makes you happy and ignore all the negativity....i've seen tan goths, pale goths, and about every shade inbetween (the purple goth in New Orleans was a complete and utter trip to observe). just find your happy medium and enjoy the ride.  

Keevan Draco

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 pm
Yeah, seriously. I have a medium-dark skin tone and I'm goth. What's with people these days always thinking you have to be a certain way to fit in? No offense to anyone. However you think you should be, then be that way.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:08 am
Ew. Don't move to the mountains in Pennsylvania.
Honest to Yevon, you'll want to kill yourself.

MortSanglant

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:43 am
MortSanglant

Truth.

I don't know exactly where you are planning to move, but if it's any place that has ever been refered to as Penn-tucky?
No muy bien.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:57 pm
Wow well are you trying to be tan now?

I moved from MA to NE and I have never experienced such powerful sun!! I never had a sunburn in my life until I moved away from the ocean  

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:13 pm
Keevan Draco
true....so do what makes you happy and ignore all the negativity....i've seen tan goths, pale goths, and about every shade inbetween (the purple goth in New Orleans was a complete and utter trip to observe). just find your happy medium and enjoy the ride.

Seriously... styles and pressures change depending on where you are at, that has always been the case. Where I live, it seems to be to wear flip flops and mini-skirts during blizzards (see where I am going with this?) in short, a lot of the pressures are about small things, stupid things, harmful things (skin cancer) or else they really just do not make sense. So, do what you like. You like tan skin? Have tan skin, and be proud to be the person you are under that skin. ((I personally am naturally a nearly white pale ivory, hot sunny summer days are pratically a death wish for me unless I have a parasol. Oh well, everyone is different. Again, be tan and be proud!))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:55 am
IY_and_MCR
MortSanglant

Truth.

I don't know exactly where you are planning to move, but if it's any place that has ever been refered to as Penn-tucky?
No muy bien.

Lolol. Pennsylvania isn't a bad place, just central/mountainy PA.
Though, Kentucky. That place sucks all around.

MortSanglant

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:49 pm
MortSanglant
IY_and_MCR
MortSanglant

Truth.

No muy bien.

Heyheyhey now.
My area is still counted as central PA.
But it's weird, the more mountiany you get, the more you could swear you were transported into the south. Even the accent gets a little twang.

Unless you end up in one of the areas with nothing but abandoned mines and a Pierogi factory.
Then no one is around to care how tan/pale you are. You just slowly decend into madness.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:28 am
IY_and_MCR
MortSanglant
IY_and_MCR
MortSanglant

Truth.

No muy bien.

Heyheyhey now.
My area is still counted as central PA.
But it's weird, the more mountiany you get, the more you could swear you were transported into the south. Even the accent gets a little twang.

Unless you end up in one of the areas with nothing but abandoned mines and a Pierogi factory.
Then no one is around to care how tan/pale you are. You just slowly decend into madness.

I know the feeling. As soon as I'm done with my internship it's back northwest for me.  

MortSanglant

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff