Awkward...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:30 pm
I have a lot of guy friends in general. Most of us in the group have had some sort of romantic relationship with one or more than the others, so we feel comfortable with saying stuff to each other and all...

One of the benefits of this is that we all care about each other a lot. I could be texting a guy from another group of friends and be in a bad mood and he won't catch on, but these guys do.

Well, whenever I'm on my period, I get all depressed and irritable and ice-cream craving. They notice, and they ask me why I'm upset, and it really makes me uncomfortable.

Am I just being weird?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:12 am
Lol no your not weird. It makes you uncomfortable because you don't want to admit to them that you are on your period. Something I wouldn't want to do either. Sometimes my best friend notices and that's a little embarrassing for me.  

Anabethe

sterek

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:35 am
I'd feel the same way, haha. I'm lucky because my best friend, while being a dude, is a FtM transgender. So he knows the paiiiiin of periods. XD It's a lot less awkward haha. But then again, it's pretty weird to have the "pads or tampons?" debate with a guy...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:37 am
I talk openly to my guy friends about my period. I used to be embarrassed, but I got over it when I got serious with my boyfriend - we tell each other everything, and nothing's weird.
I figure I'm doing them a favour. Guys get extra brownie points when dating if they know the correct way to handle cramps and pms, lol. I don't know, it's embarrassing when you first start talking about it, but 50% of the world get/will get/did get it and it's perfectly normal, so I guess it's just become normal and boring to me.

LyricalSoul93

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:10 am
Depends on your level of comfort. I mean I know just blurting out "I'm on my period" to a bunch of guys is really embarrassing. Would you feel comfortable with a euphemism? Or just dropping hints about it not being your week? If they ask for details, say "you don't want to know". I think they'll catch on with minimal embarrassment.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 am
Kaiyle Brightblade
Depends on your level of comfort. I mean I know just blurting out "I'm on my period" to a bunch of guys is really embarrassing. Would you feel comfortable with a euphemism? Or just dropping hints about it not being your week? If they ask for details, say "you don't want to know". I think they'll catch on with minimal embarrassment.

That's kinda what I do...

This one day, I was texting someone, and he said I was acting depressed. We're not the best of friends, so he doesn't know me well enough to just let it slide if I'm being weird, unless I start the subject. So, I told him "you don't wanna know" but he's really sweet, and he said that yes, he did, and he cared, so I just said it. I felt really awkward after. redface  

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces