So i'm Stuck

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:17 pm
My main character Ayana just discovered her grandchildren are actually alive and is talking to them, but for the story to go on she has to leave them to go find Mars and get his help. The problem is i can't think of a good way for her to leave without damaging there relationship. Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:53 pm
Hmm. This is tough without knowing the story. Is there any posted? I haven't read too many stories yet. If not, is it possible to postpone Ayana's meeting with her grandkids until later in the story? Maybe she is meeting them too soon. Or perhaps you can make her hard but important decision a part of the story (like in "Sophie's Choice," if that was the name of the movie). Will she leave them now and ruin what little they have created? or will she stay and lose a chance at getting help from Mars?  

SaraDiva728

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:36 pm
Oh, "Sophie's Choice." Brilliant, heart-wrenching movie. Whenever I think about it I can hear Sophie's voice yelling "take my little girl!" I cried like a baby watching that movie.

On topic. Have you thought that it might be better to damage the relationship a little than to have a perfectly happy family? For the sake of plot, I mean. It might add an interesting element to the relationship dynamics late on.

If you're thoroughly opposed to that, then I suppose Ayana will just have to explain her reasoning for leaving to her grand-children. Just don't make her sneak away in the middle of the night.  
Writing Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games