Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Medicine & Herbs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bobkitty1123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:22 am
I have always been interested in herbal remedies and healing. Does anyone have any information, websites or books that can help me learn more about herbs and their medical properties? I mean, I've found books and sites as it is but I am wondering if anyone knows any other good sites/books to check out. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:45 am
I always liked The Way of Herbs by Michael Tierra.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

niamhybeag

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:19 pm
A Modern Herbal by A. Grieves. A quick google search should bring it up, the text is available online.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:38 pm
@Niamhybeag - Thanks, I found the text online.
@too2sweet - I'll look into that. Thank you.  

bobkitty1123

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:28 pm
bobkitty1123
I have always been interested in herbal remedies and healing. Does anyone have any information, websites or books that can help me learn more about herbs and their medical properties? I mean, I've found books and sites as it is but I am wondering if anyone knows any other good sites/books to check out. Thank you.

I use several books, but the ones I use the most are The New Healing Herbs by Michael Castleman and Herbal Medicine: The Natural Way to Get Well and Stay Well by Dian Dincin Buchman. I've seen in Castleman's book Nicholas Culpepper cited a lot as well as heard good things about Culpepper so if you were able to get a hold of one of his books that might be good. However, if I'm correct, I believe Culpepper was around in the 1800's, so I would compare his findings with other books just for the sake of accuracy anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:35 am
[qoute]I use several books, but the ones I use the most are The New Healing Herbs by Michael Castleman and Herbal Medicine: The Natural Way to Get Well and Stay Well by Dian Dincin Buchman. I've seen in Castleman's book Nicholas Culpepper cited a lot as well as heard good things about Culpepper so if you were able to get a hold of one of his books that might be good. However, if I'm correct, I believe Culpepper was around in the 1800's, so I would compare his findings with other books just for the sake of accuracy anyway.

Well, thank you very much. I will look into this as well. My friend's mother owns a Micheal Castleman book and is willing to lend it to me for study. I will check out Nicholas Culpepper as well but along with other resources as well.  

bobkitty1123

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff