View Results

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:19 am
Hello there fellow guildies, I would really appreciate some help.
I live in a country where it's totally illegal to carry any self defense objects (not even mace) and we have no known steps to take when harassed.
Lately I have been facing a problem in public transport (buses), where the person sitting next to me would cross their arms and sneak their fingers to touch me.
Now with the lack of defense manners and space, the only option I've got is the leave the bus and then see what I can do ( I usually take a cab which is much more expensive).
Are there any creative things I can do? Give me your ideas please.

PS: Please don't suggest more decent clothing, I study at a public institute that has a strict dress code that I follow (It can't get any more decent than this).  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:07 am
I would announce loudly that the person has violated you. That'd scare the s**t out of them -- most people would be bewildered enough to back off. I mean, if everyone else on the bus is looking at this person..  

SADERR

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:40 am
jump up, point at him and yell STRANGER DANGER!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:47 am
If you're under aged or if you're not but appear
to be younger, I'd just loudly announce how I just
reported someone for sexual harassment and they
got arrested because I was a minor. O:

I'd make my friends call me so it wasn't just blurting
out random facts, but yeah. Any mention of law normally
freaks people like that out. You could attempt saying
something about an interview in a police station to be one
of those jail bait traps for creepers.

Snuff Pixel

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:31 pm
Snuff Pixel
If you're under aged or if you're not but appear
to be younger, I'd just loudly announce how I just
reported someone for sexual harassment and they
got arrested because I was a minor. O:

I'd make my friends call me so it wasn't just blurting
out random facts, but yeah. Any mention of law normally
freaks people like that out. You could attempt saying
something about an interview in a police station to be one
of those jail bait traps for creepers.

That would have been nifty if there were laws against that in my country.
Sorry I forgot to post that in the first post.
There are NO laws against sexual harassment where I live sad  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:14 pm
You know what you do?
You get the ******** out of the worlds armpit.  

Xahmen

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:16 pm
I'm really sorry; I hope we can be of some help here. sad

Maybe you could sit on another seat on the bus? What would happen if you told them to stop it? Maybe you could do the person above said, and loudly say that they've violated your privacy. Is there another bus route that you could take?

If I'm remembering correctly what country you live in (I think you mentioned it once on here before), then I'm not sure how to help. I really wish I could. Maybe you could go to the police station with your parents or some relatives and report this person who is harassing you?

Good luck, and be safe!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:47 pm
Thanks a lot guys, apparently in my case making a scene or leaving the place are the only available options, since going to the police means more harassment (@Henneth Annun: I live in Egypt; searching that with sexual harassment will yield non-pleasant results sad ).
All suggestions are very welcome. (My sister suggested some of the same things).  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:33 pm
Learn martial arts and use your hands as weapons! MAHAHAHAHA
No but seriously you should take some classes  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:20 pm
start wording them all the places they can start puting there fingers in ( a toaster ,a bear
trap and say use your imagination)  

master_maji

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:12 pm
Announce it very loudly what the person is doing, "WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING ME?" Also, ride the city bus with a friend, always. I always ride with either my boyfriend or a friend, for safty reasons. But when you get down to it, do anything and everything you can do to protect yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:05 am
a male friend or relative would be the optimum choice for your situation, however, I find a very sharpened pencil to be the best choice in a tight spot. it's still legal to carry, and breaks off easily in a wound for further identification later by authorities. Egypt is still very patriarchal in politics if i recall my history classes correctly, so take precaution while attempting to defend yourself. choose your battles wisely, if the person appears to be dangerous....please move away from them as rapidly as possible to another place on the bus preferably near the driver or older matronly women. a good verbal warning is usually enough to frighten away the more scaredy pervs in the world.  

Keevan Draco

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:14 pm
Keevan Draco
a male friend or relative would be the optimum choice for your situation, however, I find a very sharpened pencil to be the best choice in a tight spot. it's still legal to carry, and breaks off easily in a wound for further identification later by authorities.

Hmm... The first idea is practically impossible. But I really love the one with the pencil ^_^ although it wouldn't help with identification because I would think a 1000 times before going to the authorities, since they are famous for being harassers themselves crying .
Keevan Draco
Egypt is still very patriarchal in politics if i recall my history classes correctly, so take precaution while attempting to defend yourself.

What did he mean by that??  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:22 pm
Gothic Muffin of Doom
Keevan Draco
a male friend or relative would be the optimum choice for your situation, however, I find a very sharpened pencil to be the best choice in a tight spot. it's still legal to carry, and breaks off easily in a wound for further identification later by authorities.

Hmm... The first idea is practically impossible. But I really love the one with the pencil ^_^ although it wouldn't help with identification because I would think a 1000 times before going to the authorities, since they are famous for being harassers themselves crying .
Keevan Draco
Egypt is still very patriarchal in politics if i recall my history classes correctly, so take precaution while attempting to defend yourself.

What did he mean by that??
He means that men dominate the government and have more power than women, so he just wants you to be careful and keep that in mind when trying to defend yourself.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:04 pm
yes...

it involves doing a little research on the laws, and finding the right ones that will best fit your needs. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to plea your case to your father or uncles to act as advocates on your behalf.
(at least I think that's how it goes, it's been a long long time since I studied other govermental structures, and I think that if you can get an uncle or older auntie to speak on your behalf, the legal system is much more aggreable to you....i think...i may be wrong though, do some research. it couldn't hurt to arm youself with knowledge)

As for the former suggestion of the pencil, I also recommend keys, ink pens, rulers, a short piece of pointy stick, a shard of glass (the smaller the better), a paperclip (straightened, with an eraser on one end to rest the thumb on while gripping the rest), any pointy piece of jewlery, a hair beret (the clip on one of those can be carried between the fingers and used to strike quite pointedly), or anything within 3 feet that can be used as a striking object, and last but not least...the humble umbrella. If used properly it can strike, ensnare, block, or distract long enough to make a quick escape. (what can I say...my years in security taught me alot of usefull tricks to survive almost anything). the first and foremost thing that any woman can do, is to not be a victim mentally. Having a proper mindset and controling one's fear is paramount to survival. If you look and feel like a victim, then chances are the attacker will see you the same way and continue their abuses. If you mentally project an appearance of someone whom no one should mess with, and be prepared to act on that assumption, then chances are the pervy bastards will think twice about messing with you.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff