Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Mad Hatter Chatter
This isn't fair...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:10 pm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/feb/11/disney-alice-in-wonderland-burton

Why!?! Why is my country so... so... PICKY!? I want to see this in 3D PLEASE! And guess what? I like the idea of a shorter time to wait for the DVD release!

If I don't get to watch this in 3D then I will write a letter of complaint to all those exhibitors mentioned. >_>

Okay my depressing day suddenly got even more depressing.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:04 pm
Aww that's awful, I hope the theatres and disney will come to an agreement. it sounds as if disney is just being stubborn , its not that hard to let it turn a bit longer instead of cutting a few months to release it on DVD.  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:23 pm
Yet another case of greed getting in the way of entertainment. Way to go Disney....

I bet you'll get it though Azure, in some way or another. I don't think Disney has it in them to pass up all that money. Maybe Burton will pull something and fix it.

Quote:
That means Disney would forfeit a substantial amount of the film's projected £40m UK box-office gross. It will be tricky for the studio to explain that to Burton, who lives in London and shot Alice In Wonderland largely in Devon and Cornwall.

The film stars Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska and a largely British supporting cast, including Helena Bonham Carter, Matt Lucas, Stephen Fry, Michael Sheen, Alan Rickman, Christopher Lee and Barbara Windsor.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:32 pm
I'm just hoping this all gets figured out before March; I really did want to watch it in 3D... otherwise I'm just going to have to settle for a regular cinema... and as the movie was made for 3D cinemas... I won't get the full effect and such and such.  

Azure Caterpillar

Alice Rahne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:45 am
Ohhh wow
x.x
Although the trailer making the Hatter seem as the main focus diminishes my faith in this movie, that's still absolutely just awful! I'm quite sure some kind of agreement will be reached, though. I don't think they'd allow the disappointment of everyone like that.
>_<

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:49 am
Yeah I know. Lets hope this is sorted out or... complaint time I believe! XD

Also the Hatter being the main focus kinda annoys me a bit... I want to see the Caterpillar in a trailer for once. >_>  

Azure Caterpillar

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:56 am
gonk YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ***KING KIDDING ME!!! scream

IF THEY DARE REFUSE TO SHOW THAT MOVIE AFTER THE MONTHS I'VE WAITED FOR IT (AS WELL AS MILLIONS OF OTHER ALICE/BURTON FANS) THEN I WILL PERSONALLY GO STRAIGHT UP TO THE LEADERS OF BOTH SIDES OF THAT ARGUMENT AND PUNCH THEIR FACES IN! I WILL MAKE THEM KNOW JUST HOW BLOODY IMPORTANT THIS IS TO ME!

Yeah I love Alice stuff so much that I can't bear the thought of not seeing this movie in 3D on the big screen.

They had better not make me unhappy... stare  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"That's It Dinah! If I Had A World Of My Own Everything Would Be Nonsense"

User Image

Why don't ya'll do what I'm going to do.
Buy 3-D glasses somewhere else and just wear it to the movie.
It might not look as cool but it'll do the trick xd

"Nothing Would Be What It Is Because Everything Would Be What It Isn't"

MaNdZiE

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:59 pm
*jaw drop* Oh man... that's a no-no right there, Disney. 0.0

But you know, all of this might just be a trick to get negotiations rolling, or perhaps to get people talking about it. It wouldn't be the first time a big company has leaked some sort of dispute to the press to keep people's attentions on the release. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's something like that... *__*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:34 pm
Yeah...

I need to watch this in 3D at least once... it just won't be the same going to a regular cinema.  

Azure Caterpillar

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:54 pm
Let's swap places Azure. You can come to the states and watch it in 3D and I'll go to the UK and watch it flat (and maybe get to visit the Guinness factory and Whitechapel too!)

I know 3D is such a huge awesome exciting thing but personally I don't want to watch it in 3D. I have yet to see 3D theater glasses that don't give me a headache (the red/green cardboard kind) or are seriously uncomfortable (Avatar 3D plastic ones over my own glasses). So until the technology catches up I don't plan on getting that excited about 3D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:54 pm
Well I do want to see more of the states (has only ever been to Florida)... XD

I know I know, even I'm not insanely keen on 3D in general, but I want to watch this movie on a 3D screen for some reason...  

Azure Caterpillar

Mad Hatter Chatter

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff