Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Hermetics

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you studied Hermetic philosophy?
  yes
  whats that?
  no
View Results

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:51 am
To the one that I serve

So part of my training this month has been exploring the Hermetic philosophy and it's application to magic and the worldview that is embraced by the Temple Tradition. I am in the process of reading the Kybalion myself. I was wondering if any one else had studied hermetic philosophy and applied it to their religion?
I will give my all

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:28 pm
I think the only real "practice" I have involved in my path is the As Above, So Below thing. Really it's what happens in the microcosm happens in the macrocosm. You see when I lay down the compass I create a mini world (I think I have explained this once XD). What happens there happens in the outer world.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:48 pm
Arcanist Angus
I think the only real "practice" I have involved in my path is the As Above, So Below thing. Really it's what happens in the microcosm happens in the macrocosm. You see when I lay down the compass I create a mini world (I think I have explained this once XD). What happens there happens in the outer world.
And what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:38 pm
Byaggha
Arcanist Angus
And what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?

Essentially yes.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:31 pm
To the one that I serve

The first concept The Principle of Mentalism is something I am just starting to actually understand. It makes a bit of sense as thoughts are things and what we think manifests in reality. So if our thoughts create our reality, why couldn't THE ALL be the creation of this reality through thoughts?
I will give my all

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:33 pm
Arcanist Angus
To the one that I serve

I agree. I actually have done trance work where I explored the subatomic and then celestial worlds and the same patterns existed in both places. It also makes sense that what we see inside is what will happen in the outside. For example if you see yourself as an ill person who is friendless and not liked, you will be that person. If however you see yourself in your mind as having friends and the like, you will then have friends.
I will give my all

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:14 am
As within, so without.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:08 pm
I've tried reading Dion Fortune's Principles of Hermetic Philosophy. I think it's Fortune's writing style that puts me off. I just can't get through it.  

aoijea23487

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:55 pm
Illiezeulette
I've tried reading Dion Fortune's Principles of Hermetic Philosophy. I think it's Fortune's writing style that puts me off. I just can't get through it.
To the one that I serve

I'm working through the Sacred-texts.com version of the Kybalion. It's not that hard to read and understand.
I will give my all

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff