Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
The Caterpillar has a name in Tim Burton's movie?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:10 pm
I ummm... found this... yeah I keep looking up news and info on the movie. You guys might already know it but...

"Absolem, The Caterpillar is the all-knowing and absolute guardian of the Oraculum, an ancient document that depicts every major event, past, present and future, in Underland’s history."

Is it just me or does it sound like they've given him a name other than just the Caterpillar? And yet again the Caterpillar is playing the role of an Oracle of sorts. XD

I need to watch this movie... for the Caterpillar and the Cheshire Cat of course! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:53 pm
Wonderful, i'm glad he finially has a name other than caterpillar. and I think it truly fits him , an unusual name or such an unusual character.  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 pm
Yeah I was actually thinking it suited him. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:55 am
Azure Caterpillar
I need to watch this movie... for the Caterpillar and the Cheshire Cat of course! ^_^

I find this really ironically hilarious because the voice actors for those exact two characters are the major draw (besides pure AiW goodness) for me. Alan Rickman and Stephen Fry plain rock. The rest of the guild can keep Johnny Depp, I just want Rickman/Fry. I can't wait to see how they do those characters.

While its really nice to have a name for him other than "Caterpillar" for a change, I'm not sure I like Absolem myself. It reminds me (and google apparently) too much of Absalom, which gets me thinking about that meaning and then just throws off the whole Caterpillar image. Unless of course Absolem is leading a revolt against the Red Queen and has a ton of hair.

Irish Stout

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:32 pm
Absolem to me sounds like an unusual name. which truthfully fits him well. I mean he's a hookah smoking , book reading scholorly caterpillar . He seems like the type that would have an unusual name.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:46 pm
I know, Rickman and Fry are awesome; and so are the characters they are playing. ^_^

And I like the name, it just suits him I guess.

I wish they'd put the caterpillar in a trailer though.  

Azure Caterpillar

habiku

5,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:50 pm
It fits, I like it. I can't wait to see it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:05 pm
Hahaha... Pooka, I just got an image of a caterpillar covered in really long hair... like a woolly bear to the extreme! XD

Well, it's an interesting choice for a name--maybe it was weird just for the sake of weirdness, but it seems all right to me. (Azure, maybe he's simply too awesome to put into the trailer, and they're saving his part for movie-theatre dazzlement... lol. Don't worry, just another month-ish!)

As far as the cast goes, I pretty much love everyone they've chosen... I must admit I'm excited. ^-^

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:10 pm
Hmmm, okay I have to agree with you Night, he is too awesome for the trailers! Thats it...! That's the reason!

And yes, I'm excited too, I thought I wasn't going to be, but now its close to the release date... I really want to watch this movie. XD  
The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games