Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
The new movie's soundtrack Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:40 pm
Disney has the soundtrack up for pre-order of the new movie. You can sample the tracks.

http://disneymusic.disney.go.com/albums/aliceinwonderland.html

Hmmm, I do like some of them, after all I'm a bit of a Danny Elfman fan. What do you guys think?

Edit: Also have to add I just checked the bonus soundtrack 'Almost Alice', which you can also sample on the site. http://disneymusic.disney.go.com/albums/almostalice.html

There's a different version of 'Very Good Advice' from the Disney animated movie, a cover of 'White Rabbit' and 'The Lobster Quadrille' as a song.

Also I already adore the clip of 'Welcome to Mystery'.

Edit Again: Why am I starting to love The Lobster Quadrille so much?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:55 pm
I Like The Song "Follow Me Down"
Its For The Movie Too.
Performed By 3OH!3 Featuring Neon Hitch.
That Song Is Awesome!!!

ColeSama529

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 pm
Ah, that ones on the other soundtrack, I mean the one I linked to, the actual movie's score. XD

The other soundtrack isn't going to be used in the movie, its like a bonus thing I think.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:15 pm
Edited the first post.

I'm also starting to like the Lobster Quadrille clip quite a lot.

Edit: Okay now I'm obsessed with it, I want to hear the full song. XD  

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:09 pm
Oooh... pretty music... *_* I'm going to have to illegally obtain this at some point.

*shifty eyes* Juuuust kidding, internet police. XD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:37 pm
I think I'm going to buy both of these soundtracks. XD

'The Lobster Quadrille' was fully released and is on youtube, I now have it on my profile, yay! ^_^

Also... does anyone else think Elfman's score for this movie is going to be epic? Or maybe I just love Danny Elfman too much.  

Azure Caterpillar

Alice Rahne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:03 pm
Okay, now I know I've stated in various places that I don't think Burton's version will be up to par with my original expectations, but I've read a couple of reviews that have resparked my interest and this soundtrack has just given me FULL confidence back in Burton (soundtracks are VERY important to me - I feel that without the proper soundtrack, a movie just a bunch of meaningless film images ^_^;; rofl)!!!!! =D  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm
Actually yes the same with me, I wasn't too sure... then I heard the clips from Elfman's score and was like... "this man is a genius, I will watch the movie for his music!" XD

That and Rickman as the Caterpillar. ^_^

Also I like some of the tracks on Almost Alice, which you can now find in full on youtube.  

Azure Caterpillar

Alice Rahne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:03 pm
lol
I've been listening to them all since I saw you posted this list!
XD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:07 pm
Oh man, these are amaaazing to listen to. For some reason, they inspire me to write. *___*  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:10 pm
XD

Ah I'm just glad to be of help, I do so love finding new information about this movie for some reason... guess its just something to do! ^_^

I still haven't listened to all the Almost Alice tracks fully, I should do that soon. o.o  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:02 am
You should!
D=
I like 'Alice', 'The Technicolour Phase' (which I actually listed to months ago and loved, no idea it was on here), 'Her Name Is Alice', 'Painting Flowers', 'Where's My Angel', 'Strange', and 'Tea Party' best
O.O
That's half the album just about isn't it
^_^;;
lol
But I was very surprised to see Shinedown, AAR, Metro Station, 3OH!3, and artists of that nature on here
But none of them surprised me as much as Tokio Hotel did!!
I was like, "Wow, they're going all out for this thing - SWEET! I love almost everyone one of these as it is! =D"
lol

Alice Rahne

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:10 am
I still think 'The Lobster Quadrille' is my favourite... I dunno, I guess I just love the fact its the poem from the book and those lyrics were written over 100 years ago.

'Welcome to Mystery' is nice, I like its almost psychedelic feel, you might of noticed I like psychedelic stuff... XD

But... I want to hear the rest of Elfman's score! o.o  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:44 am
lol This is true
I like everything, but I prefer the modern edgier stuff, and the poppy upbeat feel-good stuff
Well, varying on the mood at the time
x.x

And yeah, haha
^_^;;
I tend to shy away from psychedelic stuff after my experience with Pink Floyd's The Wall
x.x

I know!!
>_<
I've always loved Elfman's work on TNBC.
x.x
So I've had good faith in him as well.
Idk, maybe that's ALL my problem was with this current Alice was the whole focus on the Mad Hatter
-_-
Which, don't get me wrong, if they focused on his importance they way they did in SyFy's that'd be fine
It just seems like Burton was placing Alice's shining light onto Hatter instead of as opposed to as well as Alice
=/
But thank God for music!
XD

Alice Rahne

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:59 am
Yes hopefully the music will make the movie as it were. XD

The focus on the Hatter kinda throws me a bit but then I look at the wonderful designs of the CG characters...

Like... this cute little fella, who you have to admit, is adorable! ^_^

And I want a plushie of him to sit next to my other Cheshire plushie... right now.  
The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games