Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Special K Challenge

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Special K Challenge?
  It works!
  Never tried it.
  Huh?
View Results

Chloe_the_Cursed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I was thinking of trying this out to see what kind of weight loss I get. I love their cereal and I like the idea of having more protein shakes as a meal replacement. Has anyone done the challenge? What was your experience like?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:06 pm
I haven't done it because it doesn't sound very healthy to me... But I'm anemic so I have to eat normal food as well as cereal to get my vitamins.

Also, wouldn't you get sick of their products quickly? xD  

skeletoff

CherokeeAlex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm
I haven't done it because their cereal does not keep me full at all. There's not enough fiber in it and I'm hungry again in an hour, so I'd just stay put/gain because I'd be eating more than usual.
Also I hate protein shakes.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:22 pm
I tried. There's only so much cereal you can munch before you want to binge on ANYTHING OTHER THAN SPECIAL K.

It's wonderful, don't get me wrong. But not for 2 meals a day like they want you to have. "Options" include a small shake that isn't that filling, and a cereal BAR that tastes just like the cereal.

Honestly, just eat it for breakfast and have a sensible lunch. 3nodding

I don't think you can get enough calories eating the Special K diet, either, so it's a calorie-restriction that will be worse for your metabolism than anything. ):

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Chloe_the_Cursed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:43 pm
I read somewhere that you can do the challenge, but switch the cereal for regular oatmeal, which probably has a lot more nutrients than the cereal. Maybe I can create my own version of the diet. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:13 pm
I'll keep you my dirty little secret...

Actually, if you go to their website, the Special K diet only consists of eating Special K cereal for 1-2 meals a day, maximum. They have recipes for things like fish and yummy sandwiches for all your other meals, and you can choose your diet according to the amount of calories you want to take it. Not that I've tried it, so unfortunately, I can't tell you how full you'd be or anything like that.

Just saying though, I LOVE cereal. I could really live off the stuff; if only it had all the nutrients you needed... D;

...don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret.

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 am
Just eat filling things like smoothies, protein, fruits that are very filling, ceral is not enough for all the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:44 am
So I bought the variety pack of the single serving Quaker low sugar oatmeal packets. They come in maple & brown sugar, apples & cinnamon, and cinnamon & spice. Instead of the cereal, I started having those every morning with some fruit. They're so good. 3nodding I figured I could rotate between those, cereal, and scrambled eggs for breakfast. As for lunch, I try to stay under 400 calories so then I can eat a little more at dinnertime.

I think the diet would be good guidelines to create your own from. xp

Chloe_the_Cursed

freelance lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:36 pm
I tend to have Special K for breakfast (or some other healthy cereal) and then a slimfast shake and something else small, like yogurt at lunch. I dunno, I like some variety.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:46 am
I dunno about the special k challenge... but special k bars dipped in yoplait light yogurt is yummy!  

__penguin__
Captain

Ligand

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:40 am
My mom only buys Total cereal. >.<; The special K products are kind of expensive at least for me that is. I don't really understand the special-k diet to be honest. What happens when you get off it and return to a normal lifestyle? =x I'd rather just make lifestyle changes ..like a bowl of special k for breakfast and some fruit instead of a mc griddle.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:35 am
I don't know if it works, but personally, I would get really tired of eating the same things.  

Majnooni

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:30 am
__penguin__
I dunno about the special k challenge... but special k bars dipped in yoplait light yogurt is yummy!

I have got to try that!
That sounds delicious!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:26 pm
Different things work for different people, but since I don't like most cereals that's personally a no go. If it ends up working for you, it would be a good idea to have a plan to maintain your weight when you reach your goal, since I doubt that most people would eat that much cereal for the rest of their lives.

Or, you could alternate days or weeks where you do the Special K plan and another plan, to add some variety to your diet.  

Euthanasia Phase

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games