VERY frustrating guy friend. Opinions?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you do?
  Just act the same. The way he acts seem to change on its own anyway,
  Be more friendly. Perhaps he is just shy or something like that,
  Ask him whats going on. I mean seriously. There has to be a reason.
View Results

The Immortal Squid

6,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:47 pm
So some of you may know about my predicament. I am quite frustrated actually. I'd like to say I have one friend at school, but recently I dont think thats the case. This guy's name is Landon. He's a super smart, mature and quiet guy with a sarcastic sense of humor.
We had the same English class last quarter and we'd sit together every class day and we'd talk and what not. It was moving along nicely.

He and I are in the same History class this quarter, and at first things continued as normal but weirdly enough he's been distancing himself for no adequitly explored reason. He started sitting as far away as he could in class, he avoided me/ignored me in the Student Union before class and he acted as if we had never met before.

Now he's just acting weird. He will walk past me in the Student Union and smile and/or wave (He used to sit with me and we would talk). He sits a little closer to me in class and ocasionally looks over at me as if to see if I noticed he came in or something. And after class he always waits for me to leave before he does. I tried packing up really slowly one day to see if it was true and he just sat there staring at the wall untill I began to head for the exit, then he slowly got up and began to head for it too.
This is the weirdest part to me, He and I tend to park on opposite sides of the same parking lot. He will follow me as I walk to my car, walk by me and say something like "See you Violeta" or he'll ask some question about class. then he will change complete direction and walk to his car. My car is usually always quite far from his. So it makes no sense that he would take the long way to just "happen to run into me".

So I dont know what to do. I dont know if I should act the same as I have been since he started to ignore me (which is not approaching or talking to him unless he aproaches me first), start being more friendly, or just ask why he's been acting strangely. Its not like i dont want to be friends with Landon, he's a nice guy. I just dont know how in the world to start.
Grrr...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:50 pm
We are both freshman at the same University by the way.  

The Immortal Squid

6,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

tummytumsXD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:55 pm
well u should try to be friends with him try talking to him  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:03 pm
The thing is we WERE friends. He just randomly acted like he didnt know me once the new quarter started. I'm affraid of being friendly, because I might over-do it and it might make me seem annoying.  

The Immortal Squid

6,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Veloxi

Newbie Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:22 pm
God, that does sounds frustrating. D: Seriously, if I was in your shoes, I would ask him as to why he's acting strangely.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:51 pm
Yeah, say: Is something the matter? You have been acting really strange lately Landon.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

The Immortal Squid

6,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm
So I decided (after reading all this good advice, thanks girls XD )
that I need to stop being a pansy-woman. I went up to him yesterday and said
Me: "Hey Landon hows it going?"
Landon: "... hm?" *looks like he's surprised im even talking to him* "Oh. Good."
Me: "Hey is something going on? You've been acting a little out of the ordinary since second quarter started."
Landon: *sighs and gives me this look like im either annoying him or asking stupid questions*
Me: "Um nevermind then. See you."

And then I walk away because I was turning red as a tomato. Maybe this is where I failed?

So thats where I'm at ._.
My friend Christina said "Maybe he likes you. After all he IS shy." I doubt it though. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:38 am
Well, we honestly can't tell if he likes you. D: But don't stress out about that right now. If it even was true.
The point is, you need to talk to him again. D: Even if it does make you blush madly. Because there probably is something wrong. Not like life or death wrong, just. . .something. ._. Eh, I can't explain it right now, sorry. Mind's at a blank.

User Image  

Veloxi

Newbie Explorer

sunkistromance

5,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:10 pm
I dunno, try again. And don't settle for a weird look. Be like "Look Landon, I'm really worried about you. Is something up? Because before we used to hang out a lot and now you've been really distant" and if he gives you another weird look deck him in the face for being a douche. DX Just kidding, but really, that's just being rude.

If you think that is bad, I once was uberly smitten with a guy and everything was going on nice and dandy. And then all of a sudden he stopped talking to me. And I got really worried-cause I know he has a lot of s**t going on with his family and I would write him and write him-and I didn't hear from him for like 4 months. And then all of a sudden he starts up again. Apparently he had a lot going on with his life and wasn't ready for a relationship. Maybe the same thing is going on with your guy?

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games