Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Bad Yaoi Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Read Bad Yaoi
  yes
  no
View Results

Tsukumo12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:15 pm
Have anyone ever read bad yaoi? I hope I don't come across any.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:59 pm
The only bad yaoi is PWP. I've read some of those. I like my plots!  

SarcasticIrony

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:31 pm
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."
AAAAAALL THE TIME.

Okane Ga Nai? TERRIBLE. The b*****d rapes you and then you go on about how he was kind to you? And why does the uke look like a girl? How the heck did the kid survive the brutal rape? I'm half expecting him to shatter into a million pieces. Not to mention the terrible animation.

And I know I'll be stoned to death for this but Gravitation is not a good BL. It's hilarious, sure, but it's not that fantastic. I wish people would stop raving about it > _ >

Um, what else... well... a lot of yaoi is really bad x'D It's so unrealistic, like, they never date before having sex, they just have sex pretty much instantly. Rejections are ultra uncommon. And even if someone is rejected, the other person usually ends up ~becoming gay~ for them in the end. Like, really? s**t like that doesn't happen!

Oh, and all those crappy BL stories where the guy gets raped and then falls in love with the rapist. s**t, If someone raped me, I would have them neutered slowly with a rusty spoon instead of fawning over them!
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:27 pm
I've read plenty bad ones. I heart plots.

69_Go-Go_69

XenaWarriorBane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:55 pm
69_Go-Go_69

what do you mean? about plots  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:29 am
XenaWarriorBane
69_Go-Go_69

what do you mean? about plots

o _ o
please tell me that was a joke
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

SarcasticIrony

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:54 am
Papa to Kiss in the Dark was TERRIBLE!
WAY to cliche and and the uke's voice was SO FREAKIN' ANNOYING!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:06 am
omg yes x'D I wanted to punch him in the face! The stupid seme looked a lot like Yuki from Gravitation... and then the kid was upset when his "dad" wasn't his biological father? Wouldn't their relationship be far worse if he was!?
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

Infinite Pandora

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:07 pm
Oh man of course I have! It sucks man. D=
There is way too many to name for me. *sighs* =_=

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:17 pm
User Image
Oh my god, yes!

Some of the fanfiction is so flippin' bad. Especially when it's what we call "IKEA"-style...especially with bad grammar. Oh lord.

I don't know about you guys, but I personally cannot read something if it doesn't have decent grammar/spelling or if the art is bad...
...But be sure to have fun!

No Gambling in Paradix

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:56 pm
^ Just curious, what does IKEA-style mean?

Most of the stuff that I loved as a teen was horrible. Gravitation, one called Chiharu no something, others that were basically pwp with no characterization... gonk

To the OP, you're probably going to come across some bad yaoi. Probably more than once. Sturgeon's Law, after all.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:22 pm
Gravitation was funny but there was barely any yaoi, so I was disappointed. Papa to Kiss in the Dark was just...awful. I didn't like it at all....  

Krynn Lowell

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 pm
Oh I have read plenty of bad yaoi manga. I was disgusted by Papa to Kiss in the Dark, but then again I am disgusted by incest and shota in general. I wasn't really a fan of Ka-Shin-Fu either, despite it being done by one of my favourite Yaoi manga authors. Finally, I know it's not officially classified as Yaoi or BL (it's Shoujo with homoerotic undertones) but I couldn't stand Gravitation EX. Gravitation was fine for me... but her second one Gravitation EX, well that just pissed me off, I thought it was terrible.
Edit: I forgot to add Jazz to my list. That series was so bad for me I blocked it from my memory XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:04 pm
Ugh... I've read sooo many horrible yaoi. Gravitation was horrible, especially the english since what's his name... the pink haired guy? His voice sucked. The art was great, but the plot was near insane with very little yaoi in it. Love Prism had pretty good art, and I think it's partially because I can't read Japanese, but the entire plot didn't make sense. Seriously, it's the dude's older brother! It's just a bit... weird...
@ S a f f r o n S u g a r: The rapist thing is like... totally overrated. If somebody rapes you, your mind registers fear whenever you see that person, someone or something that resembles them, or anything that involves sex. It's part of the human mind.  

iTammie-chan

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:48 am
Hoshi no Miko
but I couldn't stand Gravitation EX. Gravitation was fine for me... but her second one Gravitation EX, well that just pissed me off, I thought it was terrible.
Edit: I forgot to add Jazz to my list. That series was so bad for me I blocked it from my memory XD

Gravitation EX is such bullshit. Her art style really went downhill sad I liked the way she drew in the first few volumes of Gravi then it just got more and more generic moemoe crap D<

And lol, Jazz. My friend gave me that for my birthday > _ > I hid it under my bed and wouldn't look at it.
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces