Reply Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics
:O Drama! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:37 pm
Are any of you taking a theater/drama class?

I've taken it for 5 years, and I plan to continue it in college next year.
I am currently working on a dance/pantomime to a Dresden Dolls song O 3O, and I am currently writing a play, and a nice monologue is underway about being abducted by aliens.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:46 pm
heart

Whisper Gently

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:00 pm
I was in Debate. I still have a love/hate relationship with Drama.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 pm
zz1000zz

Why?
I always wanted to do debate, but I never did have much time.

Whisper Gently

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:40 am
Whisper Gently
zz1000zz

Why?
The debate organizations at my school never met/were disband. I'm trying to organize one for next year though.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:50 am
Whisper Gently
zz1000zz

Why?

Debate and Drama both attend the same tournaments. There is a great deal of overlap in the techniques and practices of the two activities. At the same time, there is a great deal of difference in the style of the two groups.

Some of our Drama students actually participated in Debate (the top Drama student beat me out in Extemp, for which I will always hate him), and I even participated in Drama.

The key difference was while Drama was fun and hard, it required no thought.

Henneth Annun
Whisper Gently
zz1000zz

Why?
The debate organizations at my school never met/were disband. I'm trying to organize one for next year though.

I was in Debate for four years in high school. I learned more in Debate than in all the other classes I took combined. A well-taught Debate class is the best thing any high school curriculum has to offer.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:56 am
I'm taking debate right now! Although knowing my teacher, we're never going to actually do anything... xp And yeah, I took drama for many years, not at school, but with several community theaters. I think it was a really constructive pastime, and being onstage, and part of a production really gives you responsibility, as well as confidence. I did take it with school for a year, but since that's not what I'm planning to do in life, this year I chose to focus on my majors.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:58 am
Debate is as good as the class is made to be. If you have a bad teacher, you won't get much from it. I happened to be on the same debate squad as the two students who won first and second at nationals.

I also had the coolest Debate coach ever.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Scarlette Begonias

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:11 pm
yesh! i took theater all my 4 yrs in high school! 3nodding & i loved it. i am planning on furthering my drama study as well. i wanted to go to uarts in philadelphia but i dunno know. >>  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:22 am
My performance went amazing! My teacher liked it so much that she wants us to preform it at our schools renaissance rallies, :3

Whisper Gently

SADERR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:09 pm
I go to a highschool especially for the arts (You have to audition to get in), and I'm in the drama program. I don't plan on being a professional actor, but I do plan on doing it for the rest of my life, hopefully just picking up roles in small time movies and such.

Grade 10 I'm taking the enriched drama course I am in, as well as the open drama course. Seeing as we learn at a university prep level, the open class should be easy -- but I'm certainly not the best in my class. Not the worst, but not a shining apple myself.
Practice changes things, however. ^-^

I write monolouges occasionally as well, which I ought to actually do for a friend of mine who is writing a screenplay.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:23 pm
Jonathonn
I go to a high school especially for the arts (You have to audition to get in), and I'm in the drama program. I don't plan on being a professional actor, but I do plan on doing it for the rest of my life, hopefully just picking up roles in small time movies and such.

Grade 10 I'm taking the enriched drama course I am in, as well as the open drama course. Seeing as we learn at a university prep level, the open class should be easy -- but I'm certainly not the best in my class. Not the worst, but not a shining apple myself.

I write monologues occasionally as well, which I ought to actually do for a friend of mine who is writing a screenplay.

Your lucky you're able to receive such an education.
I would do well in a school like that, I sing, draw, dance, act,and I play several instruments by ear. I wish the best of luck to you in your studies wink memorize away.

Whisper Gently

SADERR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:45 pm
Whisper Gently
Jonathonn
I go to a high school especially for the arts (You have to audition to get in), and I'm in the drama program. I don't plan on being a professional actor, but I do plan on doing it for the rest of my life, hopefully just picking up roles in small time movies and such.

I write monologues occasionally as well, which I ought to actually do for a friend of mine who is writing a screenplay.

Your lucky you're able to receive such an education.
I would do well in a school like that, I sing, draw, dance, act,and I play several instruments by ear. I wish the best of luck to you in your studies wink memorize away.

Well, the schools a bit of a split. Being in a nice neighbourhood, but very close to ahorrid one, we get a mixture: The auditioned arts students, and the students who live in-district; mostly a variety of thugs. Yet we outnumber them, so it ends up everyone mingles for the most part.

I sing and draw as well, but I can't dance to save my life. I can get by on guitar or clarinet at an elimentary school level but that's about it. O.o
And thank you, I wish you the best in yours as well! ^-^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:22 pm
:O
I just did an audition for a musical!
I got in :3
This is really different for me, I'm looking forward to it.

Whisper Gently

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:46 pm
I'm in Drama 3, and I just got the part of Emily for our spring play 10 Little Indians (I wanted Vera, but I am happy I got any part, since over 20 chicks were competing for only 3 female roles...). Next year I'll be in Drama 4, and this summer and after high school I plan on getting really involved in the community theatre and the local art scene.  
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff