Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Closed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:47 pm
Ok, so it's Feburary 2nd (we are sorry this was delayed a day), but here are the remaining open host positions and new application as promised. Applications Close February 19th

Therefore please note the following before applying:

•The room host is a tremendous responsibility. It is your duty to be able to create, maintain and provide an enjoyable environment thought the entire duration of the ball, providing Gaia with an enjoyable experience.

•The room host is in charge of his/her own room, the decision making of the ideas, concepts, general plotline, and proper execution of the general expectations the committee has set in place. Each room will be subject to final inspection, to make sure it meets the basic requirements.

•Room hosts must be active. If you are no longer able to partake in the planning please set your pride aside and step down.

•Room hosts must have an open line of communication to the committees and other room hosts, to ensure everything goes smoothly.

Note: Room hosts will be NPC's when we go live. Their job is not only to entertain the guests, but take part in the Plotline

Current List of NPC's can be found Here.

Current Positions Available:

Quote:
News Room

Poyudi Hytori as Sara

Open!
Open!

The Celebration

Green Inkling
Open!

The Forest Room

Lady Elmira
Open!

Please note: In the Main Room Mt. Olympus we are also looking for someone to play the third position NPC in our room. (I don't know what one it is yet, and won't until Sabs gets back to me, but please feel free to apply anyway!). <3

If you have read the above, and considered the commitment that you will take on with this position, please fill out the forum below:

Please Note: we know that things do come up IRL, but if you feel you cannot be active anymore, to the point your room is suffering please step down. None of us want to make that decision for anyone, however we do reserve the right to give the room to someone else.

The official rooms are as follows:

News Room, The Room of Wisdom and Arts, The Sea Room, The Celebration, The Dark Room, The Room of Beauty, and The Forest Room.

[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Average time on Gaia (per day):[/b]
[b]When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?:[/b]
[b]Who would you like to host with?:[/b]

[b]The room you want most:[/b]
[b]Rooms that you would be ok with hosting:[/b]
[b]Rooms you DO NOT want:[/b]
[b]People who you feel you would work best with:[/b]
[b]What are your strengths for this position?:[/b]
[b] What current activitys are you involved in within the guild?:[/b]

[b]Room Ideas:[/b] briefly list at least three ideas you have for the room that you want most and one idea each for the three rooms you would be ok with (ex. room names, contests, plot ideas).

[b]User Information:[/b] tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc).

Please Note: Not everyone will get the room that they want, or even perhaps a room at all. We will chose whoever we believe will be the best fit for that room- remember it is nothing personal against anyone!

If you are not chosen as a Host, then you may always apply as a co-host at a later date. Co-Hosts are to be chosen by the Room Hosts.

Thank-You!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:09 pm
Username: iTheater (until reccently, it was Poisonous Roses)

Average time on Gaia (per day): well, it depends on how much homework i have. i mean, i am in my senior year and my marks are kinda important. ;D
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: afternoon & night, mornings are possible on the weekends
Who would you like to host with?: i actually wanted to apply for the npc spot in the main room, and seeing as there was no form in their planning thread, i decided to post this application here. so mt. olympus would be my answer. <3

The room you want most: mount olympus
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: i'm actually only interested in the mt. olympus position, thank you. <3
Rooms you DO NOT want: n/a
People who you feel you would work best with: i think i'd work quite well with anybody, i'm a pretty easy going person as it is.
What are your strengths for this position?: i was a co-host for the crystal caverns last year, so i do know how the whole gaia ball thing works, as well as all the work that goes on behind the scenes. as well, i'm a pretty strong rper, if i do say so myself.
What current activities are you involved in within the guild?: none, so i'll be able to dedicate all my time to the room. ;D

Room Ideas: ...i'm not sure if i need to fill this out? if so, please tell me so i can correct my error! <3
User Information: first off, like i said before, i am an active rper. i've rped on many sites off of gaia, and although i'm not quite as active in that department anymore, i am still quite active on two rather large sites, virtual hogwarts and magical hogwarts. overall, i believe i have been rping for five to six years, although i could be wrong. second of all, i did help co-host the crystal caverns last year, so i do have experience in hosting a room as well. i've set up, graphiced, plotted, and basically run a room, and it turned out fine even though our main host had to semi-resign halfway through due to real life commitments. third, i do make simple animated banners, and if you give me the actual pictures and tell me what you want done, i can probably animate the thing to prettify the thread. fourth & fifth, i already have an avi that i can use and i am awesome. <3  

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:48 pm
Thanks <3

I decided to put the app here to keep track of everything better.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:44 pm
Username: Epcot Illuminations (Formerly Sheriff Dustin)

Average time on Gaia (per day): 3-4 hours on week days, weekends maybe 5-7 hours
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?:afternoon, evening.
Who would you like to host with?:Green Inkling

The room you want most: The celebration room
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting:the forest room
Rooms you DO NOT want:doesn't matter
People who you feel you would work best with: Green Inkling.
What are your strengths for this position?:I have been a host before and already started to help plan that room
What current activitys are you involved in within the guild?:
-The celebration room (helping at the moment with ideas)
-Contest Committee captain

Room Ideas:
-What me and green inkling came up with She wanted conflic. I said maybe we could have zeus come in and create a conflict. She said good idea as zeus is sort of an enemy to the gods there anyways

-We could have the mules have the cloud item on.

-Have a Party banner coloring contest. Where we get line art of a celebration banner, and people have to color it in

-We could have a draw-the-gods contest. They will have to draw the two main gods of the room. Then the hosts and co-hosts decide on which ones are winners.

-The beginning of when the room opens we could have the gods welcome everyone to a heavenly party. In the middle of the event, we could invite Zeus over to play a prank on him (as he did make the 2 celebration gods compete to see who was better). Thus causing a little bit of mayhem.

User Information: I have plenty of experience in the ball. In the 6th annual ball, I was a co-host for the wild west room (I was security officer1 then), Last year I was originally chosen as a co-host for the town square, but do to some real life conflicts with the host, I was placed as host of the room with only 2-3 months to build a whole room. I have been already helping with the plans of the celebration room and know what will be going on in it. I can really get along well with Green Inkling also.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:13 pm
Username: Luna Verto
Average time on Gaia (per day): Right now, I'm usually on 1-2 hours per day on school days, and 4-5 hours on weekends. In the summer, it's more like 4 hours every day. Some days I cannot get on due to swim meets and school. I will be unable to get on for about 2 weeks in March. Depending on when the ball is I might have to step down, (If I am lucky enough to be chosen, of course^_^) I might have to go to a summer camp the same week. Last year they conflicted, but the year before that I able to attend the ball.
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: Right now, usually mid afternoon (3:30-5:00 PM MST) or/and early evening/night (6:00-10:00 PM MST) on weekdays. On weekends, anytime between 10:00 AM and 10:00 PM MST. In the summer, It will be between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM MST, or/and 6:00 PM-9:00 PM everyday.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who would you like to host with?: Anyone is fine. ^_^
The room you want most: The Celebration/ The Forest Room
Rooms that you would be OK with hosting: Either of the ones I want most.
Rooms you DO NOT want: The News Room
People who you feel you would work best with: Anyone is fine. ^_^
What are your strengths for this position?:I can role play well, I am responsible/trustworthy, I am easy to work with, I can get things done.
What current activities are you involved in within the guild?:I am a coordinator in the Fund Raising Committee.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Room Ideas: briefly list at least three ideas you have for the room that you want most and one idea each for the three rooms you would be OK with (ex. room names, contests, plot ideas).
1) 99 bottles of beer on the wall?- Bump contest, but instead of counting in bumps, users count using the song lyrics.
2) Sacrifice!- At many feasts there are sacrifices to the gods, this one will be no different. All users who take place in the other contests much buy at least one lottery ticket! When the winning number is picked, the user picked must donate something to the hosts for the 'sacrifice', but then both the hosts will donate something worth more back as 'good fortune'.
1) Forest tekteks- users will make tektek avatars that look like forest objects/animals. Ex.avatars that looks like flowers, various animals, trees, etc.
2) Spot the difference in the pond- All the users will take a look at themselves in a pond, then see a different reflection when they look in a mirror. Users will win small prizes for naming the differences, but each user can only point out 1. Some differences will be obvious, others may take a bit more observation.
User Information: tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc). This will be my first time doing something like this, but I really think I can benefit the ball.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:31 pm
Username: XxRandom_PancakesxX

Average time on Gaia: 3-5 hours
When are you on: Between afternoon and night... (from between 4:30ish-8:30ish)
Who would you like to host with?: Anybody! I am flexible and friendly!

The room you want most: I will take any room that is in need of a host.
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: Any of em'!
Rooms you DO NOT want: None! They all seem ubberly cool!
People who you feel you would work best with: Anybody smart, cooperative, and daring.
What are your strengths for this position?: Wellup... I am very humorous, and have a definite funny side. However, I am more serious than any average 13 year old (my age), and people say I can act like a total grown up at times. When there is something that needs to be done, I do it with no ifs, ands, or buts. (Unless I get confused, of course)
What current activitys are you involved in within the guild?: Well... I haven't really been involved with any execpt a Meebo chat here and there.

Room Ideas: - Quests, quests, quests! I like to mingle and have something to look forward too! Maybe having each room ineract within a quest, like a fude or conflict with each room.

- Free items! I liked getting the free items (especially the spiked slave collar... That was just S-M-E-X-I!!!) but more free items than usual, of course.

- OH EM EFF GEE! Okay, the amount of people in the rooms should be very limited. Well, at least, not very. But with too many people, it is a hastle to move around. Too little people, and it gets very boring. I'd say have a limit between 75-100.

User Information: Wellup... I have actually helped out with Gaia's Next Top Model, and I own a couple guilds of my own. I have good leadership, and I have many ideas for the ball.  

XxRandom_PancakesxX
Crew

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Enjoy the randomness...

Damn, I was hoping to see at least someone ask to be on the news room. >.>'

...That is me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:33 pm
Can I Aske What The News Room Is All About?  

Raineve

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:41 pm
Raineve
Can I Aske What The News Room Is All About?

Enjoy the randomness...

The News, Hosted by Sara and Gaia 7 action News, Reports the News on the Annual Ball, It's your one stop place to get updated on everything happening with the annual ball. We keep track of the Plot and Contests from all the rooms, and do other things like post interviews and such.

...That is me.

Recycle Bin

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games