Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Wannabe goth?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyBatLove

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:12 pm
THIS IS SOMETHING MY SISTER WANTS TO KNOW. She does not have an account because shes 12 so she asked me to put this up for her, so please stop reporting this account for being underage. I'M 15.

I'm about 12 years old (my sis is), and people look at me as a "poser" when I call myself goth because I'm so young. I'm no poser. What can I do to make people see that a goth doesn't have to be 15 or whatever?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:50 pm
What type of music do you listen to.
The hair cut thing was irrelevant.

Whisper Gently

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:23 pm
Dead or Alive is the worst fighting game series ever made.
Oh, and doesn't Gaia ToS say you have to be at LEAST 13 years old to be a member?

This message is brought to you in part by the Give Razors to Emos Foundation
Eradicating at least 24 idiots a day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 pm
If you're going to get a new hairstyle, your best bet is to model it after a real person, not a cartoon character.  

Death of Cool

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:28 pm
Well the first thing you do is put this in the correct subforum. This goes in Life Issues/Fashion; I trust you will understand why.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:57 pm
Yea it dusnt realy matter if your 12 or 18, your still going to get alot of crap from ppl. Just about all of us here have had our fear share of crap from pp. Just dress the way you want, listen to what you want and dont worry about what others think. Who realy cares if they think your goth or not. Now with the hole hair thing, I dont realy see too many women with a shaved head but thats just me XP
This women seems to pull it off, but its just a anouther game XP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CpTQ3pqek  

Spike23080

LadyBatLove

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:43 am
xp
I know. I just kinda thought about it at the time xD
Umm...I listen to Rock, Punk, Jrock, and randomly, techno xD It's funny cause nobody listens to techno anymore besides the internet.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:19 pm
LadyBatLove
xp
Umm...I listen to Rock, Punk, Jrock, and randomly, techno xD It's funny cause nobody listens to techno anymore besides the internet.

Well. You can still, arguably, be a goth. At 12 I was listening to Blink-182 and wearing yellow tank tops and I stil considered myself goth. (I mis that shirt. T'was the smex).
Even though you appear not to be a fan of goth rock, if you're active in the fashion and community...
Yes, I would say you're perfectly acceptable as a goth, dearie.
^-^  

SADERR

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:41 pm
Goths can't be any younger than fourteen.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:57 pm
Zahmen II
Bullshit  

Sayga Takaino

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:19 pm
Sayga Takaino
Zahmen II
Bullshit

No it's true!
Konstantinos said so in his book "Vampires, the Occult, the Fiction, and the Reality"

"...[and] unlike Gothic people (whom come into their lifestyle after fourteen years of age), the Vampire has existed for an untold number of years, born into their plight."

Besides, how can somebody under the age of fourteen truly appreciate the angst and darkness of life?
"Oh no my schoolmates are all preps and nobody likes me BAAAWWWWW"
Please.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:06 am
Jonathonn
LadyBatLove
xp

Well. You can still, arguably, be a goth. At 12 I was listening to Blink-182 and wearing yellow tank tops and I stil considered myself goth. (I mis that shirt. T'was the smex).
Even though you appear not to be a fan of goth rock, if you're active in the fashion and community...
^-^
That's just retarded.
She can consider herself all she wants, but a goth is a fan of gothic rock. That's it. You take away the music from the equation, and all you have is a poseur; also known as 95% of this guild's members.

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200

SADERR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:19 am
The Spirit of Vengeance
Jonathonn
LadyBatLove
xp

^-^
That's just retarded.
She can consider herself all she wants, but a goth is a fan of gothic rock. That's it. You take away the music from the equation, and all you have is a poseur; also known as 95% of this guild's members.

You have a fair point. Although I have to argue with the 95% of members.
Most of the active members seem to be fans of goth rock, from what I've noticed.
Question: How do you distinguish yourself as a goth if you're listening to a variety? Music isjust a part of it.
Right now I'm listening to Skeletal family. Goth Rock. But later today I may listen to Typical Cats, or Anti Flag. Who's not to say I'm not a gangsta or punk?
Music is a fundamental part, and by farthe one with the most credibility, but I think goth has evolved from just fans of goth rock, that's clinging to the past. There's a lot of goths who are listening to otherwise, such as industrial or such.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff