Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
~:Mt. Olympus:~ Main Room <3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annual Ball
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:48 am
User Image

User Image
User Image
::Main Room::
Hosted By: Zeus, Goddess Hera of the Family, Goddess Hestia of the Hearth
Hosts: Sabs & Blissy
Setting: Mt. Olympus

god's F.A.Q.

* Gods and humans act essentially alike, displaying the same sort of feelings and holding essentially the same values.
* gods are greater stature humans, and in their natural state are rather large
* gods are better looking than humans- their impressive stature and beauty are core qualities
* they are more knowledgeable than humans
* they can see things and some gods that humans can't

Zeus "The king of the Gods"

-Zeus is an elder Olympian
-His symbol is the lightening bolt
-often moody
-has many love affairs
-has many children

Hera "The queen of the Gods":

- Hera is an elder Olympian
- She is the 7th wife of Zeus
- She had 3 children with Zeus (Ares, *********, and Eileithyia)
- She generally plays the unattractive roll of Zeus jealous and un-accepting wife who persecutes her husbands lovers
and their offspring.
- Her symbols are a crown and scepter.
- Her animal is the peacock, which pulls her chariot.

Hestia "goddess of the hearth"

-Hestia is an older Olympian
-she enjoys honor in all temples as the eldest of the gods.
-left Mt. Olympus to attend to the sacred flame
-she almost never leaves home
-charged with guarding the sacred places of the gods
-charged with keeping the sacred flame burning (it was believed bad luck would fall upon Greece if the flame went out).
-she invented the town hall (foundation for democracy).
-was once known as the chief of the goddesses
-she is the keeper of the keys in mount Olympus
-Never involved in the fights of the gods
-takes offence if hospitality is not offered to a stranger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:50 am
Contest Ideas List

-Art Contest
-Posting contest
-chariot contest
-raffle contest
-scavanger hunt
-Greek god's adventure writing contest
-What am I? contest
-

Artists who have been commissioned

khaeja- Zeus, Hera & Hestia (3 pieces)

-160k for all

Click!

Mini Plot

Plot

After the party starts, Zeus is relaxing in a very, VERY good mood (as he already knows he's the winner). Bored, he decided to visit Hestia, to notify her of the parties. Hera was busy monitoring the parties to annoy the other god’s and boast how their thread is the best (an excuse for her to pop around the other threads), so he managed to sneak out.

Then, Eris (The Dusk Sky) pops in looking for Hera (who entertains the thread & asks guests were Hera went, and she is eventually found). She manages to notify Hera of Zeus' visit to Hestia (as an excuse to get away and go have time with one of his lovers).

At this time, Hestia pops into the thread and asks another NPC why Hera looks so angry. She is filled in on what has happened, and watches as Hera snaps and decides to destroy Zeus' favorite thunderbolt, eagle, bull and oak (symbol of Zeus) to kick him out of the Olympian Throne.

Not being the type to generally interfere of the events of others, Hestia hesitates, however, seeing that Hera has finally snapped for good, she decides to try to find Zeus, gathering followers from the thread to help her out.
While they are on their journey, Hera begins to gather followers in the thread, to throw the no good womanizer off the thrown for good.

When Hestia finally finds Zeus, and tells him what is going on, he ignores her pleas at first, saying that Hera is no match for him, and what could she do to hurt him? After awhile of thinking, Hestia remembers that Hera had destroyed his favorite thunderbolt and numbers other things. Zeus becomes enraged, and begins to gather followers to support him in smothering Hera’s uprising. Seeing his rage, Hestia is frightened at the course of action that she has taken, and decides to gather neutral followers to stop Zeus and Hera from blowing Mt. Olympus to tiny little bits.

This is where the clash of the god’s begins. Party patrons must chose a side between all of the NPC’s and we could have some sort of contest to decide the winner. (of course if Hera wins, there will be a plot twist that will make Zeus the Ruler again anyway, but it would be a lot of fun. If Hestia wins, things will go back to normal, and if Zeus wins, Hera will be punished).

Extended Character List

-Echo: Crazygirl313
-Heracles:
-*********: Da-ku-chan  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:59 pm
*bumps*
anything in particular that needs to be done?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:04 pm
iTheater
*bumps*
anything in particular that needs to be done?

if you have any ideas for contests that would be great!
I need to talk to shu about the plot, other than that not alot at the moment, other than i need avatars for zeus and hestia to start the art commissions heart  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:28 pm
God I feel bad. I'll try and come up with contest ideas. Let me know if you need anything. Anything at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:38 pm
don't feel bad! heart

we need to think about where exactly we are going to put the plot updates as well.

As for art, I have some people in mind, and i have set up an add in the exchange thread i am using to sell off the mule's extra stuff.

Any ideas of background drawings? I'm thinking lots of clouds and romal columns? plus of course our avatars <3  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:03 am
LOL XD What would you like to talk about the plot? It's your room after all.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:44 pm
can our room colors be white and gold? like all fluffy white clouds with white columns and gold decorations? ;D

...actually, how about a thread template thing? marble columns on either side of the text with fluffy white clouds on the bottom? <3

and sorry about poofing for a while there, i'm kind of busy with school, but i'll totally try to be more active. and to check, i am playing zeus, right?  

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:59 pm
Actuially i was thinking gold, silver and while, with columns & that greek building thing & clouds and stuff haha so you read my mind!

Yes you are King Zeus! wooop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

regarding the post style, i would think maybe gold and white with silver tinges around the clouds or something? otherwise, a straight gold and silver theme might clash a bit? like highlight the white bits with silver, or something? and as for the actual text, it might be cool if the entire post was a graphic, we'd be free to do whatever we wanted, without having the issue of gaia coding. and as for zeus, does my avi have to resemble him or can i just use the current one i have and include a picture of zeus in my post layout? <3  

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:25 am
how do you guys feel about that banner?

@ we need to have our avatar resemble our characters yes. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ah, fair enough. *goes off to raise money* and i love the thread layout, did you do the graphics? <3

as for the contest you have listed, maybe we could incorporate it into the theme some how? like something about zeus, hera, and hestia looking for the perfect outfit (something ridiculous like that anyways) and putting it up to the rp'ers. then they could submit outfits in a separate thread and whichever one we like the best could become the 'official clothing designer' or something. ;D

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:29 pm
Thanks! and yup I made it in all my glory lol whee

What items are you still in need of?

that's a great idea for a contest!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:10 am

hmmm, well, i need the Royal Wizard, Lightning Bolt, and Electric Sparks. i'm also going to be getting the silver laurels (hopefully), and although the golden laurels would look gorgeous, there's no way in hell i'll raise enough money in time. ;D  

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:58 pm
I do like those banners. I think definitely have clouds in the background, columns, art, basically everything mentioned so far. smile  
Room Planning

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff