Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Mock Turtle's Rock (RPG)
Welcome to Madness - [O//A] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:58 pm
"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!"

User Image

W E L C O M E _ TO _ M A D N E S S .

Please check the Welcome to Madness OOC Thread for rules on characters, posting, &c. Thank you.

| Intro | Storyline | Doctor’s Notes | Character Profiles | Reserved |

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:00 pm
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.”

S T O R Y L I N E

User Image

You are not your own self.

That is the key point to remember here. No matter what character you choose, you are not your own being—you share a body with perhaps dozens of other personalities. The plot itself takes place inside Alice’s mind, although her doctor/analyst will interject with brief notes connecting our story to her outward pattern of consciousness. The story is this: Alice has been thrown into a strange yet familiar world—a place she once called her own, where she could do, say, and think as she pleased. Only now, it is not her own; it has filled up with creatures and buildings and people, and a woman who calls herself the Queen of Hearts is wreaking havoc, trying to take control of it all. Will Alice be able to take back what’s rightfully hers, or will the Queen triumph and destroy a place that was meant to be secret and peaceful?

The Night Faery
Captain

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:02 pm
“I think I should understand that better, if I had it written down: but I can't quite follow it as you say it.”

D O C T O R ' S _ N O T E S

These are the notes taken and typed by Alice’s doctor throughout their sessions. You can find them in order, and see how they correspond to the present action in Alice’s mind.

Introduction
One Week

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:04 pm
“It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.”

C H A R A C T E R _ P R O F I L E S

Please post your profiles in the OOC thread, and I will transfer them to this post. There is some freedom available in the creation of your character profile, since you are but a dream within a dream, a product of Alice’s mind—and we know what a curious girl she is. Just bear in mind that no matter who you are, you are just another part of her:

User Image

Username: The Night Faery
Character Name: Alice
Appearance: Alice
Bio: As far as Alice knows, she has been in this beautiful sanctuary her entire life. She doesn’t recall any parents, siblings, or even friends, although she does seem to remember a kitten or two from some distant memory—perhaps, even, just a dream. One morning like any other, she woke up and found the luscious greenery of her home transformed and disfigured, and she is slowly beginning to put the pieces together.
Personality: Alice has the mind of a child—she is sometimes petulant or stubborn or outright rude, but she carries the innocence and curiosity of a young and healthy girl. She is usually polite, if talkative and interrogative, and in general she means well.
Anything Else: Thus far (at the opening of the story) Alice, like everyone but the Queen, is completely unaware that she is actually sharing a body with anyone else, let alone every single person and creature she comes across in her sanctuary. However, she is not stupid, and she is learning, so she will naturally be wary of everyone she meets, despite her friendly and curious demeanor.

Username: The Night Faery
Character Name: The Queen of Hearts
Appearance: The Queen
Bio: The Queen has been hiding in Alice’s sanctuary since the day it was created, unknown to its owner, and has been carefully planning her coup ever since she realized she had the ability to take control of the territory. Slowly, patiently, she has been cultivating her power and growing stronger every day, even taking control of Alice herself without the latter even realizing it—and she knows the day of her reign is fast approaching….
Personality: The Queen is absolutely ruthless—she will punish any negative variance in conduct, any hint of mutiny or even minor disrespect, and the punishment for any infraction she might think of is always death. Beheading is her favorite. Although she demands respect from everyone, she will show none herself, and when her blade cannot extend far enough to slice her victims, her words will do the job equally effectively.
Anything Else: The Queen is more or less aware of the fact that she and everyone else in this place is somehow a part of Alice, but she has not yet learned how to take full advantage of this fact. This, of course, frustrates her, and contributes to her murderous attitude.

Username: Azure Caterpillar
Character Name: Caterpillar
Appearance: Caterpillar
Bio: Caterpillar is rather mysterious, not much is known about him. He is an advisor, some even say a oracle, but actually getting him to give you such advice can be quite difficult. Even the transformation of the landscape doesn't seem to worry him much, but then, who knows what he's thinking.
Personality: He is usually quite calm, but rather strict. He likes to talk in short sentences and ask difficult questions. He is also a lover of poetry, and of course smoking his hookah. Just don't mention his height.
Anything Else? It is somewhat debated that he can read minds, but if this were true, why would he have to ask questions? Then again maybe he just likes asking questions...

Character Name: The Professor
Appearance:The Professor
Bio: What most people would consider a mad scientist, the Professor is always tinkering around with clockwork contraptions. Her experiments are rather unusual, infact rumor is she wants to find a way to become more mechanical than human herself. It is unknown what her real name is. Despite being rather crazy, she is actually quite friendly when you get to know her.
Personality: The Professor is obsessed with machines, she considers clockwork devices to be beautiful. Her eccentric ways are amplified when working with anything clockwork. In person she's intelligent, crafty, eccentric and rather inquisitive.
Anything Else? She has a great love for timepieces.

Username:Mad Hatter Spiffy
Character Name: Hatter S. Madigan, Spiffy
Appearance: Spiffy
Bio: She is the Great Great Great Great Grand Niece of the Hatter. She might be worst than he is. She enjoys being mischievous worst than him. She does enjoy tea like her uncle. She lives up to her name: Mad Hatter. She used to work for the Queen of Hearts, but, because of her schizophrenia, and had killed 50 of the Queen's Cards, she was sent to be beheaded, but managed to escape thanks to Chester Cheshire, Dory Dormouse and Miranda Hare.
Personality: She is worst than her predecessors/uncles: she actually is schizophrenic. At one point, she is cute, sweet, hyper. The next, she is a murderous killer out for blood. She only so far has this going for her, nothing else.
Anything Else? Her weapon of choice is a pistol.

Username: Jacy_Arienh_Sagira
Character Name: Usagi Bai, just call her Bai
Appearance: Asian features and skin tone, hair is all white and eyes are extremely dark, uncommonly small for her age, she is usually wearing one of the winter fleece hats with the ear flaps (no matter the temperature), and keeps her hair in long pigtails that cover her ears. Plain white tee shirt and white capri pants with white running shoes, and cut off white gloves. She carries a messenger bag over her right shoulder that she guards religiously. It is filled with scrolls, vials, and brown wrapped boxes(most with a playing card attached). In her pockets, connected to the belt loops of her pants, are a number gold pocket watches each set at the exact same time. She also has a number of watches on each wrist.
Bio: Bai is a message runner for the Queen, though she doesn't really know who the Queen is. Truthfully, she doesn't really care as Bai has no family nor purpose before the Queen gave her the task of delivering messages.
Personality: Bai takes her job very seriously. Timid and jumpy by nature, she moves fast and becomes arrogant, even violent, when cornered.
Anything Else?Bai doesn't know that the Queen is bad, although she does fear her. She knows the woman is capable of bad things, if only because she feels as though the Queen may have made her do some of those things unknowingly. However, Bai continues to work for the Queen because she feels needed and appreciated by performing her tasks.

Username: PriestessofSekhmet
Character Name: Jayla Moore
Appearance: Jayla
Bio: Jayla grew up happily enough under the Red Queen. Her family made there way selling books and food stuffs to travelers and occasionally letting them board in their home.
Jayla and er brother, Kody, often grew competitive and fought, much to their mother's chagrin and their father's amusement. When she was 6 and her 10, their father was imprisoned for spreading revolutionary propaganda and beheaded. Her mother fled with them to a small city on the edge of Wonderland, where Jayla met Kaz.
Kaz was a best friend and confidant to Jayla and the two became thicker than thieves. And just plain old thieves. Kaz introduced Jayla to the art of theft when they were both 11, and Jayla's loved it ever since. Unfortunately, both Jayla, her brother, her mother, and Jaz have been imprisoned.
Personality: Jayla is sarcastic and dark, but very intelligent. She a bit of a pessimist and thinks very quickly. She loves children and is very close to her brother, but shuns her mother. Jayla and her mother both are torn about the death of her father and have simply pushed each other away. She kids around when she's happy and grows quiet when she's scared or angry.
Anything Else? She will write in cadet blue.

Username: PriestessofSekhmet
Character Name: Kazaana "Kaz" Shem
Appearance: Kaz
Bio: Kaz grew up in the remote city of Gron in one of the far corners of Wonderland. She was a baker's daughter and loves the art of pastry baking. She finds joy in every piece of food. She was six when her best friend, Jayla, came to live in Gron. She didn't know much about her at first, but as they grew up they became very close.
Kaz introduced Jayla to the art of theft (specifically how to steal from shops, as she knew what measures her father took against them and how to get around them) and Jayla loved it. They bonded and when Kaz was 13 Jayla spilled the story about her family. The two have been inseparable ever since.
Now Kaz and Jayla along with Jayla's family wait for execution in prison.
Personality: Kaz is eccentric and funny and bouncy and just all-around sunny. She loves people of all kinds, but isn't very fond of animals. She loves sweets and draws when she gets bored. She is easily distracted and overwhelmed.
Anything Else? She will write in forest green.

Character Name: The Cheshire Cat
Appearance: Coming Soon.
Bio: Cheshire is a very mysterous creature. A cat with the ability to disappear and fly without wings. He has been watching what has been going on recently but has not shown himself yet. He has very sharp teeth and claws, and a rather unsettling grin. Cheshire is quite sure he once had an owner, but now he takes residence in the dark forests of Wonderland; he has been hiding there but now recently has ventured into the city that appeared.
Personality: He doesn't believe sanity even exists in their world. He is sly and a trickster, a rather surreal cat.
Anything Else? His loyalty is to no one.

Character Skeleton:
[size=10][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b](Or age appearance)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Link to picture or description)
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (This section is very important, because if your character becomes dominant over the others at any point in the story, his or her personality will become the driving force of Alice’s behavior for the entire time he or she has control.)
[b]Anything Else?[/b] [/size]

The Night Faery
Captain

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:05 pm
“I don’t believe there’s an atom of meaning in it.”

R E S E R V E D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:36 pm
((And we're open. Once you've got your profile in the OOC thread, I'll bring it over here and you can start RPing straight away.))

Alice woke up suddenly, as if her mind had been set to go off like a clock. She did not move from where she lay in the grass, cheek pillowed on her outstretched arm, but her blue eyes searched the area before her with a concerned intensity. Something wasn't right.

Finally, she sat up, and as she rubbed her eyes she realized what was wrong: the massive expanse of bright green meadow that had been there only hours before was now ten times, twenty times smaller, cut in a neat little circle and shut in by an iron fence. Outside the circle ran a network of dirty streets and tumbledown buildings-- and people.

Alice stared. What were people doing here? This place belonged to her and her alone, not people! These awful buildings were a bad enough shock-- and now she had to go about sharing her sanctuary with an entourage of people?

She looked up and sighed with relief; at least her favorite tree remained standing, and she had a feeling that so long as it stayed within the iron fence it would be left alone. Lowering her gaze back to the brand new but very old city, with a hardening resolution, she ran straight out toward the fence and reached out to pull herself up over the top. Her hands were just about to curl around the black bars when they stopped moving, as if they had come against a wall-- only no wall was there. She tried again, and again she failed to grab the fence. She ran in a full circle alongside the iron fence, which was now starting to feel much more like an iron cage; no matter how she tried or how high she reached, she could not cross the barrier between her meager meadow and the city beyond.

Frustrated to tears, she returned to her tree and slid down the trunk to the ground, resigned to playing with the corners of her pinafore.

-----

From a high window in the large stone building at the far end of the city, the Queen of Hearts watched Alice with a smirk of satisfaction. With a rather large telescope, she was able to observe the girl from any distance and direction; she would have preferred a more elegant tool for such a purpose, but she had already executed her only mechanical engineer and wouldn't be able to find another one for a very long time.

Still, she was satisfied enough with the conditions; Alice was sitting idly at her little tree, trapped in her little world, lost in her little thoughts. The Queen knew she couldn't keep her there forever, that eventually she would find a way out, but she wasn't complaining-- she was using her available time quite well. And one day, when the time was just right....

The smirk turned into a full smile. "Off with her head."

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:50 am
The land seemed different. Not that it was easy to tell when one was three inches high, but most definitely the mushroom forests seemed darker and more twisted. That's what the Caterpillar could sense with his antennae anyway. A omnious change had occurred to his surroundings, but for now he couldn't tell if it was the entire landscape.

He opened his eyes and sat up on the mushroom that he had dozed off on. Indeed he was correct; things had changed.

Caterpillar, although slightly interested in what was going on, was far more concerned with lighting up his hookah again. There was no way he was going to even consider finding out more until he had smoked for a while.

Leaning back and relaxing while blowing smoke rings into the air, he began to wonder if he should grow taller and check out what's going on with the tall people... but soon his thoughts turned to thinking up a new piece of poetry.

Ah yes, something to take his mind off of whatever was going on he thought at first, however... he couldn't help but think that the sky seemed quite dismal above the long blades of grass. Caterpillar sighed, there was no whimsy or dreaming today, the world was cold... what was going on?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 pm
Alice huffed. She frowned and pursed her lips, then pressed them together into that thin little line of disapproval that adults seemed to be so fond of using. She huffed again, and ran at the fence again, kicking at it wildly with one foot; not only did it refuse to budge, but she lost her balance and ended up sitting down hard in the grass. Wincing, she let out a groan and rolled over onto her stomach, prepared to bury her face in her arms for a fit of crying, but something caught her eye.

She stretched her neck out, inching her face closer to the little cluster of mushrooms-- it was a wonder she hadn't stepped on them in her ferocious attempts to get on the other side of the fence-- but more importantly to the little caterpillar who rested on top of them, silently smoking a tiny hookah and blowing rings of faintly fragrant smoke into the air. They dissipated just around the tip of her nose, tickling her nostrils.

"Hello, sir," she said cautiously, so as not to frighten the little fellow. She didn't normally address caterpillars at all, but in this case it seemed appropriate, and just as appropriate to address him as a "sir" --he was well enough off to be smoking a hookah, after all. He made her curious, and she ventured to say a little more. "I don't believe I've seen you here before. Do you live here?"

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:29 pm
Caterpillar didn't seem to find the girl's presence all that concerning. He puffed away on his hookah for a while, wondering why other creatures found it so entertaining to bother him. However he did admit her polite manner at least made her deserving of an answer. He turned to face her, took the hookah out of his mouth and replied; "Yes" and with that began smoking again.

Then he thought to himself; maybe this girl knew what had caused the change in the landscape, although unlikely. He again looked at her, but did not say a word. No... she was as in the dark about it as he, this he could tell. How very odd! Caterpillar prided himself in knowing the rules and the workings of the world, but this change was something he was unsure on, and that annoyed him a little. He must find out more about it... later perhaps.

Infact this girl just staring at him was getting rather tedious too! He hoped she wasn't thinking about putting him in a jar and keeping him as a pet. Just who was she anyway?

"Who are YOU?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:24 pm
Alice frowned at the question. "I'm hardly certain, sir," she said cautiously, and it was true. Now that she thought about it, she hardly knew a thing about herself. "I'm... Alice, I suppose. I've lived here quite a long while, but I never knew there were so many buildings and people. In fact, I didn't even know you lived here, sir-- I rather thought I was the only one who did."

The frown deepened, and she propped up her chin on one hand, her elbow digging into the soil. "Has it been like this all the while?" she wondered aloud. "I could have sworn this field used to be much larger than it is this morning. Do you suppose it will be like this from now on?" She was asking quite a lot of questions, she knew, but she was curious about the change just as much as she was unsettled by it. "I hope it shan't be. That city looks so dirty-- oh, but I do wish I could climb over that fence!"

She made to huff again, but stopped herself just before she blew the little caterpillar straight off his mushroom. Instead, she made the sigh with her mouth closed and said, her tone wistful, "I'm not sure I've ever been inside a city before. Have you?"

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:15 pm
"I have not," Caterpillar said calmly, this... Alice girl, seemed far too curious. He'd be the one to ask the questions. "You ask too many questions too quickly." He declaired sternly. "Of course there are others here." He blew a smoke ring into the air, watched it fade and then continued, interested in her statement about a city.

"A city? What city? There was never a city here before." With that he put the hookah's hose down for a moment and proceeded to climb up the nearest and tallest blade of grass.

The sight before him was not what he was expecting; the girl had been telling the truth, the meadow had shrunk somehow and a fence caged them in from the gloomy city around it. Caterpillar was sure he had never seen anything of the sort before, but he remained quite calm.

"Why... would you want to go there?" He asked while climbing back down to the mushroom to smoke his hookah again. He did have an idea of how she could get out of the fenced area, but he didn't like the look of that city at all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 pm
Alice frowned again, presented with yet another difficult question. "I don't know why," she admitted, "but it seems like I ought to. And I don't know why that is, either, since you look like you were about to ask," she added, with some indignation.

After a pause, she said, "Well, I'm glad you say it wasn't like that before. I was beginning to wonder if I hadn't dreamed up the whole thing.... It's certainly possible. They say I've got quite an active imagination." She stated this firmly, but found herself suddenly wondering exactly who made up her they.

"Anyway, I can't help but ask so many questions," she said, a little irritated by his sternness. "I've only just woken up and found myself in quite a different state than yesterday; it's bound to make one a bit disoriented. Perhaps that's why I ought to go to that city-- maybe one of those people could provide some answers. That would certainly be helpful, wouldn't it?" Perhaps it wouldn't be helpful after all, but she didn't like being locked up, whether or not her favorite tree was locked up with her.

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:00 am
"It wouldn't be helpful if they gave you the wrong answers," Caterpillar replied in a bored tone. Alice didn't seem like she was the type to be patient about these things though. He sighed, wondering what kind of trouble she'd run into if she went into that city. He could sense something omnious still, and it seemed to be coming from that city. "You are adamant about going?"

He tutted, already knowing her answer. Unfortantly he'd have to leave the rather small meadow at some point too, but venturing into that city didn't sound all that fun. Continuing to smoke his hookah, Caterpillar decided he'd have to get some information on what was going on, but why was Alice so insistant to leave now?

He glanced at her; frowned and said; "Curiousity will only lead to trouble," but before she could get a word in he continued. "How have you tried to get by that fence?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:33 pm
Though Alice wished she could slip in a word or two, she was glad that the little caterpillar had stopped being so mysterious and irritating, and instead was talking more.

"I've only tried running at it," she admitted, almost embarrassed by her attempts to cross the fence. "Well, I've gone all the way around, but it seems to be more than a fence-- it's as though there were a wall there too, but disguised as a fence." She pondered this for a moment, and wondered whether the fence and the scenery behind it had merely been painted onto a wall. It would be a very convincing painting, to be sure.

Bringing herself out of her musings and back to the matter at hand, she focused on the caterpillar and asked, "Why, have you got a better idea of how to get across it?"

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:01 pm
Caterpillar thought for a moment; a barrier around a fence? Most unusual. He seemed to ponder on something for quite a while before replying. Supposing she had tried to grab at the bars, he answered; "Have you tried not grabbing the fence?"

Guessing as Alice was human, she wouldn't quite get his logic (and the Lepidoptera were very logical indeed), he added; "Try putting your hand inbetween the bars, can it go through if you're not trying to grab it?"

He was sure the fence had been put there to keep Alice in, not him. Infact he wondered if whatever force had enclosed the meadow had even known of his presence. If one was small enough, could they simply walk through to the other side?

The Mock Turtle's Rock (RPG)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff