Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Contests
CONTEST: Photos and Fan Art (Running Until Feb 15)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The One and Only Kurgan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:18 pm
HELLO PRETTIES! twisted

It has been a long time coming, but our first Guild Contest is about to begin! For starters, this one is simple enough. There are two ways to enter:

1. Submit a Photograph - Are you a total nerd like our Guild Captain and into costuming? If so submit a photo of yourself dressed as your character from the roleplaying forums. If you don't have a character of your own, try impersonating a character from the movies or series.

2. Submit Fan Art: Don't have the materials or are not into costuming? Flex those artistic muscles and draw/paint/corel a picture of your character. Like before, if you don't have an OC, do an image of a character already seen in Highlander.

You have until February 15th, 2010 to submit your entries. Go ahead and post them directly to this thread. The only real rule I insist on is no direct photographs of Peter Wingfield or something. It doesn't really matter if you suck at drawing or something, it's the thought and creativity that counts.

First place winner will receive a Foot Solder's Blade, and second place a Ninja Sword. And thanks to Immortal Ghost for the donation of the prize items.

Well, have at it!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:25 pm
Alright, since I look nothing like either of my character being neither male nor blond or in my thirties, I went with drawing. Sadly I cannot draw, and on top of that I broke my right wrist two weeks ago and I am right handed. So I went with drawing in paint, now my computer, as sad as it is transferred it to a jpeg file which fuzzed it, though I tried to clean it up some, I think being fuzzy sadly made it look better. So with all of that said you have been warned, look at your own risk.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Edit: And no I didn't even try to draw hands, or shoes, it wasn't worth embarrassing myself that much.  

Vesta Shade

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:33 pm
*blink* well hey I can't draw even that much, so I say points to you, and being brave enough to post, now sure I would be, I'll think about it...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:45 pm
Well, that's better than I can do also. mrgreen

Even though I've exempted myself from the contest, I'm working on my own entry. Any other arteests out there?  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:20 am
Okay...WAAAAAAAAAY late, I know. Anyway, Vesta wins our first contest! Congratulations, and your prize is on the way.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:24 am
It's rather sad that no one else participated in this, I thought it was a rather good idea, not to mention possibly amusing, and yet I was the only one that stepped up to embarrass myself.  

Vesta Shade

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:44 pm
I wanted to, but -- heh -- I don't have a scanner and my computer is dirt-old. stressed

Yeah, yeah, Gaston. Just like me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:59 am
Come on Methos, that joke would have been too obvious. I prefer a little more subtlety...like pointing out you were on Caprica over 200,000 years ago that time. mrgreen

Seriously though, once I get my move straight, I'll get a few costumes out of the closet and do a few shots of Gaston through the ages, just for fun.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Contests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces