Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Drummers: drum sticks and drum pads (discussion)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:36 pm
So one of my pet peeves as a drummer is the people who look funny at you when you describe just why you need the $15 drum sticks and not the $2 ones. It's not just bashing stuff with wood, right.

Personally, I am a big fan of Vic Firth. I just use standard 5A hickory sticks, unless I'm playing something heavier then I move up to 5B. When I'm playing jazz or ballads, I will generally use Zyldjian jazz, though those are the only Zyldjian sticks I will ever use.

Also, as far as drum pads go, I found a treasure of one.

It looks like a snare head. It's quiet and bouncy, and if you don't like the head it comes with you can change it for any drum head that suits your preference.

It's called a Quiet-Tone, and it's made by Sabian. They're PRICEY (mine cost me just over $70.00... damn my Canadian-ness...) but well worth it if you play a lot of concert snare or practice pad a lot.

They look like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pretty awesome stuff.

Before that I was just using a crappy Remo pad that was LOUD and it was used and abused so much it went soft and hardly had any bounce left to it, so I needed a new one.

I'll swear by these drum pads.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:56 pm
my friend has a drum pad that he carries around with him at college. if i have my guitar with me (which i usually do) we have little jam sessions in the cafe  

A B Up Start

The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff