Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
what should i do

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkviewoflife13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:08 pm
i have been having doubts abut everyting, my choice in religon, my ability to read tarot cards, my abiltity to do anything. what should i do?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:36 pm
Relax. Breathe. Take it easy.

Go for a walk, and just enjoy being outside. Forget about the doubts for a while.

Doubts are perfectly normal, and they happen to everyone, all the time. If you just relax and don't worry too much about when things will be "back to normal", things will settle faster. Being desperate or continually poking at it just makes it worse. Easier said than done, I know.

If you want more specific help than that, I'm sure we could try to talk things out with you. It would be good to know what exactly you're doubting. That way we could help you work with it more easily.

*hugs* Hang in there. It's never easy -- but then, the best things never are. wink  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

darkviewoflife13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:47 pm
thanks for the advice, the thing is i keep doing tarot readings for people but none of my friends can concentrate or stay serious for long so it always falls apart and it never fits together so then its my fault. now i'm just wondering if its just me?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:19 am
darkviewoflife13
thanks for the advice, the thing is i keep doing tarot readings for people but none of my friends can concentrate or stay serious for long so it always falls apart and it never fits together so then its my fault. now i'm just wondering if its just me?

I don't know much about the tarot, but from my own perspective: I'd say it's definitely not your fault. If your friends are asking you to do readings for them, but they're not taking an equal part in the matter - like concentrating, or staying serious - then they really need to be more thoughtful of how much harder that makes it for you. : /

Don't doubt your talent! Just.. next time you are generous enough to do a reading for a friend, stress the importance of their concentration and stuff. :]

Zoologist

Tenzin Chodron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:34 am
Don't panic.

Doubt is healthy. Doubt leads you to unquestionable conclusions.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:00 pm
Don't worry about it. To be honest, when my friends joke about readings, I tell them if all they want is a laugh, they'd be better off spending their money on a bad movie.

Divination is a service to the community. It's a tool to help people, not to entertain them.

As for the rest- I know how stressful it can be. Everyone has a crisis of faith now and then (except Deo, but she's perfect). Go with the flow and don't dwell too much on it.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff