Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Twenty-Ten: Dear Weight-Loss Diary [3kg lost] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:20 am
Sammy's Food and Excercise Journal

So far lost: 2kg, though it's hard to tell exactly, as my scales aren't digital.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:24 am
Welcome all.

Okay, so, I was only able to officially calculate my BMI today, because I was somewhere with a height-measuring wall.
I am: 168cm tall. I weight 80kg.
Converted, that's 5'6 inches tall, and weighing 176lbs.
My goal weight, at the moment, is 68kg.
It was around Wednesday the 13th that I began eating somewhat healthier, but I started officially recording what I eat, and what exercise I do, today, and I’m going to post it, because I think it will help me get, and keep, on track.

I, however, don't know how many calories are in everything. Can anyone recommend a website that would give me the highest accuracy in finding that out?

There are some issues I’ve always had, one being that I feel embarrassed and don’t like exercising in public. Even though I know people aren’t literally watching me, it makes me highly uncomfortable. There is a new gym here, but I’m not game to go to it. Nor do I have the money. For the same reason, I don’t go for runs, but rather, fast walks. I actually love walking. And listening to my Ipod on my walks. But I’ve been looking for more ways to exercise in the privacy of my own house, and find myself practicing my Tae Kwon Do patterns a lot, in need of something to do. I also don’t at this stage have any say in what is cooked for dinner. And, I know it would be good to cut down, or eliminate, the sugar I have in coffee, but I’m struggling to do so at the moment. ]

Anyway, I’ll put a hold on my ramblings for a little, and start my Journal.

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:26 am
Monday Twenty-Fifth of January, Two Thousand and Ten.

Exercise:
Half-hour walk.

I swear I usually do more exercise than that, but I’m not feeling well at all today. Ever since ice-skating on Saturday I've felt a bit off. I hope to get back into it properly tomorrow.

Breakfast:
2 Cups of Coffee (with milk and two sugars)
Stawberry yoghurt.

Lunch: 2 slices of toast, with vegemite. 1 slice of cheese.

Dinner: Steak, and chips. About 2 Tablespoons of Pasta Salad.

Others: Two bananas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 am
Caloriecount.about.com is a great weight-tracking site.

Good exercises for you to do are on YouTube: just search 8-minute abs, 8-minute arms, 8-minute legs, 8-minute buns, 8-minute stretch.

Jillian Michael's 30-day shred is a good workout DVD that keeps me motivated and is circuit training - it'll kick your butt for a few days but then you're good to go! $9 at walmart.com or e-bay.

Truvia is a good alternative to sugar as it is natural (unlike say, Splenda) and is still 0calorie.

You look like you're doing well though, keep it up! You'll get to your goal in no time if you exercise and eat well.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:51 pm
Tuesday Twenty-Sixth of January, Two Thousand and Ten.

Thanks to stars! Next time we go shopping, I'm going to see if we can look into alternatives to sugar
It's about 9:50am right now. Going down to the beach with some friends today. So I'll finish filling this in tonight.

Exercise:
6:30-7:30am- Walking.
So I did do a fair bit of walking that day, though we were talking the whole way, so it wasn't particuarly fast walking, that I could count, or even properly calculate.

Breakfast:
2 Cups of Coffee (with milk and two sugars)
Stawberry yoghurt with bannana.

Lunch: 1 chicken sandwhich.

Dinner: Packeted pasta and source, with chicken.

Others: 5 M'n'Ms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:32 pm
Wednesday Twenty-Seventh of January, Two Thousand and Ten.

First day of year twelve today, Lol.

Exercise:
5:30- 6:00am-Walking.
3:00-3:30pm (roughly)- Half hour walk home from school (I think it's a little longer, I'll time it properly tomorrow.
4:00-4:40 -'Eight Minute Arms', 'Eight Minute Legs', an aerobic work-out I found on youtube, starjumps/sit-ups/push-ups I did whilst waiting for it to load, and then stretching.

Breakfast:
2 Cups of Coffee
2 slices of toast with vegemite

Morning Tea: Strawberry Yoghurt

Lunch: 1 chicken sandwhich.

In the afternoon: 1 bannana

Dinner: Spaghetti

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:28 pm
Thursday Twenty-Eighth of January, Two Thousand and Ten.

Okay, so today I’ve used SparkPeople to calculate the calories in the food, and I’ve got, at least, a rough idea. I hope I added everything right.

Also, someone on another thread said something about kind of loading up on dinner, as apposed to other meals. I knew I did this, but it wasn't so appearent to me as it is now, writing, and thinking about it. I'm WAY hungrier at night than I've ever been in the morning. So at that time I really fill myself up. And I don't want to ask my Mum to change the way she cooks, unless I find I absoloutely have to. But I want to find ways to balance it out a little more.

Exercise:
5:50- 6:20am- Fifteen minute walking, five minutes jogging, ten minute Cardio routine (one of the videos from SparkPeople)
3:00-3:30pm- Walk home.
5:30-7:30- Tae Kwon Do (man I'm sore! :] )

Breakfast:
Banana- 108.5
2 cups Coffee - 70

Morning Tea: Strawberry Yoghurt- 176

Lunch: 1 chicken Sandwhich - 265.9

In the afternoon: 2 Peaches- 120
Iced Coffee- 184.76

Dinner: Stewed Lamb Chops with Potato- 490
(So, I'm iffy on the accuracy. Firstly, because I couldn't find lamb on SparkPeople, but found another counter, but mostly, and also, because I don't know the measured amounts of everything. So that's a sort of rough calculation- it could be way higher, or lower, and I could be way off)

Total Cal: 1415.16  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:19 am
Lamb chops sound so good  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

United Paper People

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Friday Twenty-Ninth of January, Two Thousand and Ten.

I was so meant to go walking in the morning... but it was raining, and everyone in the house was still asleep.

Also, I'm leaving to go visit my Dad's very soon, so I might have to add up the calories for Friday when I get back on Sunday arvo.

Sometimes it's the weekend where I come undone. So, my major goal, is not to suddenly start binge-eating this weekend.

Exercise:
6:30-7:20- 40 minutes cardio, ten minutes stretching/cool-down

Breakfast:
2 cups Coffee
1 Necterine
1 slice of toast, with vegemite.

Lunch: 1 ham sandwhich

In the afternoon: 1 cup Coffee<--- Seriously... I drink too much Coffee.

Dinner: Lasanga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:06 pm
Saturday Thirtieth of January, Two Thousand and Ten.

Woke up early for my guitar lesson. Spent a lot of the day travelling and did no actual exercise.

Breakfast:
2 Cups of Coffee
1 slice of toast with vegemite

Lunch: 1 Mango, 1 Apple. 4 or 5 strawberries.

Dinner: Wrap with fish, tomato, lettuce, baby spinach.

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:08 pm
Sunday Thirty-First of January, Two Thousand and Ten.

Again, I didn’t get in any real exercise gonk

Breakfast:
2 Cups of Coffee
1 mango
5 strawberries

Lunch: Okay, I do not know what to call this. Basically, it’s French Stick bread, with the filling cut out, and replaced with chicken, lettuce and dressing. I had two slices of that, and a mini- quiche.

Dinner: I had the last of that lamb casserole

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:14 pm
Monday First of February, Two Thousand and Ten.

Exercise:
5:30-6:00- Half hour walk
3:15:3:45- Half hour walk home
4:10-4:50 -10 minutes doing TKD patterns
-10 minute cardio workout
-10 minutes jogging
-10 minute cool-down/stretching

Breakfast:
2 cups Coffee
2 slices of toast with vegemite

In the afternoon: 2 Peaches

Dinner: 3 slices of home-made pizza

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:32 am
Tuesday Second of February, Two Thousand and Ten.

Exercise:
3:00-3:30- Half hour walk home
6:00pm-8:00pm- Tae Kwon Do

Breakfast:
2 cups Coffee
2 pieces of Rockmelon

In the afternoon: 2 nectarines
1 Banana
1 iced coffee

Dinner: Satay chicken with rice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 am
Wednesday Third of February, Two Thousand and Ten.

Gah... I counted the calories in the foods I eat one day last week, and ever since then I've been trying to find the time to continue doing that. And each day I don't, I keep thinking I have to go through and count for every day since then, before I realised, that that's a bit of extra stress I don't need at the moment. Especially because as of next week, I'll be staying after school on Mondays to work on the Collage Drama. So, amongst everything, I don't think I'll have the time to add up my total calorie intake everyday.

On a non-fitness-related topic, I saw an Italian comedy play today in Drama, performed by one of the theatre groups that travel school-to-school, and it was awesome.

Exercise:
4:00- 4:30- Half hour walk home (The reason my walk home is at different times everyday is because most days I hand around with some friends before actually heading home)
5:30-6:30- 8 minute arms
8 minute legs
Rest of time until 6:00 practicing TKD patterns
10 minute cardio workout
10 minutes jogging/walking
10 minutes stretching/cool-down

Breakfast:
2 cups Coffee
2 pieces of Rockmelon

1 nectarine
1 banana

Lunch: 1 ham sandwich
1 glass of sugar-free soda

Dinner: Satay chicken, again.

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:01 pm
Thursday Fourth of February, Two Thousand and Ten.

Gah. I felt bloated, because, I was in the city that day with a friend who had a uni exam. And I had a Veggie curry with rice at a Japanese restaurant. Then, that night, we had curried saussage and rice for dinner. Though, on a positive note- I was recently thinking about how I don't get much excercise on the Weekend. I was talking to a friend on Thursday, who recetnly got a punching baf. And we decided that tomorrow (it's Saturday now) we're going to get together and do some Bag-work, so I'm happy about that.

Exercise:
5:30-6:00- Half hour cardio
6:00pm-8:00pm- Tae Kwon Do

Breakfast:
2 cups Coffee
Rockmelon, and yoghurt.

Lunch: Veggie Currie and rice.

Dinner: Curried saussage and rice. gonk

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff