Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Being a New kid in town...joy. (Shuro2009 & Skyler Kai) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shuro2009

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:04 pm
Rena sighed. Another year and another new school. This time, her father promised, she would be staying until graduation. She could only hope he was telling the truth this time. She glanced at her mirror. She stood about 5'3" and, in her opinion, had average looks. Her hair was about shoulder length with a strip of blood red through her bangs. Her eyes were a pretty golden honey color. She wore a baby-blue v-neck t-shirt with blue jeans. A heart-shaped locked hung around her neck and a sapphire, silver band ring was on her right ring finger. She sighed again as she slung her her backpack on and went out the door grabbing a bottle of water and an apple as she went.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:54 am
Ryan stood a middling six feet as he looked down at the lock on his locker. Giving it a twist and setting it at zero, he turned the knob to the first number of his combination. 9….. 19….. 43….. Click. He opened his locker door and pulled his headphones off, setting them on the top shelf along with his iPod. Ryan let his backpack slip off his shoulders as he pulled one arm out of the strap and used the other to swing it around in front of him. The backpack hit the ground with a slight thud and he squatted down to reach the zipper, pulling it open. He spent a moment putting unnecessary books and folders in the bottom of his locker and replacing them with a binder and a couple folders needed for his morning classes. He then stood up and slung his bag over his shoulder as he came to a standing position. His eyes were barely open and the morning grogginess had not yet worn off. Ryan scratched the back of his head, his fingers running through his red-orange hair. Unlike most, his hair was naturally a fiery red colour and his face was dotted with small freckles, running from the crown of his cheek bone, across his nose, and to the other side of his face. He was born in Ireland and moved here before he started his high school years so it was not too hard for him to make friends because people had not yet started forming their groups of friends. Besides, he seemed to have a pretty effortless time making friends—he was pretty outgoing, had a good sense of humor, and his Irish brogue didn’t hurt. He gave his hair a quick tussle and let his hand drop to his side. Yawning and stretching, he came out of his slight slouch and shook his head. He had on a plain black tee-shirt under a red and grey stripped jacket hanging loose on his frame, along with grey jeans and red Chucks. He shut his locker.  

Skyler Kai

Shuro2009

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:01 pm
After taking a few wrong turns, Rena finally found her way to the school. Once she arrived, she was handed her schedule from the office. She hated being late for class, but she really didn't have a choice. It took her a couple minutes to find her locker then her class. She was nervous and wanted so badly to turn tail and run, but knew in the end it would be regretted. Instead, she tucked her blood red strand behind her ear with the rest of her silvery hair, took a deep breath, and knocked on the door.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:56 am
The entrance to the classroom was the last in a row of doors that dotted the hallway—this was Ryan's first period of the day, and next to his first period's door was the wall turning the corner down another hallway. He was running a little late and knew this was not a good first impression for his teacher. The bell was seconds away from ringing and, because no one else seemed to be in the hallways, he rushed to turn the corner to swing into his first period classroom. As he was quickly turning the corner, he just barely saw another person making her way into the room before he bumped right into her, his chest slamming into her as he let out a surprised breath. He swung an arm up around her in an attempt to catch her in case she were to fall, pulling her into him as he tried to find his balance.  

Skyler Kai

Shuro2009

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:09 pm
A small squeak escaped Rena's lips when the boy collided with her. When he pulled her close, she felt the color rush to her cheeks and acted upon her first instinct, she shoved him away and stood her ground.
"Geez! What are you doing?!" She practically yelled.
She adjusted the bag on her shoulder and crossed her arms over her chest as she usually did around strangers, particularly guys. She blew a hair out of her eyes irritated. She tapped her foot a little impatiently.
"You owe me an apology."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:12 am
"Oh!" He cleared his throat and ran his fingers through his hair in an attempt at removing the red-orange locks from his eyes. Ryan took a small step back to give her some space seeing that she clearly didn't want to be touched. He gave a chuckle and said, "My apologies!" His accent twirled and dipped appetizingly as he continued on to say, "I was just worried about making it to class on time. But I guess running didn't do me any use [any good]." He didn't recognized her and figured she might be new to the school. Nonetheless, he didn't want to get on anyone's bad side—he had always figured that having an "enemy", for lack of a better term, was just a waste of time and energy and he felt it best for people to see the better in others. So he was being sincere and you could see it in his gold-flecked emerald green eyes.  

Skyler Kai

Shuro2009

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:59 am
Rena huffed and rolled her eyes.
"You should try paying more attention to where you're going." She said, trying to keep her anger in check.
It was only her first day of school and she could already tell it wasn't going to be pleasant. She gave him a quick once over. She knew he probably hadn't been anticipating anyone standing in front of the door so it wasn't entirely his fault. On the other hand, she didn't take kindly to strangers.
The door opened and the teacher stood there looking at the students.
"Ah there you are Ryan. How kind of you to show up today." The teacher said with a hint of annoyance. "And you miss?"
She fell silent, her natural shyness taking over. She gripped her arms a little tighter and looked at the floor.
"I-I was told this would be my first class. I just started today. I'm sorry for being tardy, sir." she whispered.
The teacher nodded.
"Come in, both you."
She did as she was asked and stood near the teacher's desk waiting to be told where to sit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:39 pm
Ryan strolled into the classroom with ease and knew that he wasn't seriously in trouble with the teacher. He flashed a friendly grin toward the teacher and said, "Oh, c'mon, Mr. Leshner, don't do this to me now—I'm dreadfully wrecked [tired] !" He gave a playful chuckle. "And give the poor bird [girl, girlfriend] a break—it was my fault. I was legging it [running fast] to get here an' I rammed right into her."
The teacher gave him a look and said, "I don't need to hear your life story, Ryan. Taking a seat would be just as nice."
"Oh, c'mon, it's not like I try twistin' hay [starting trouble, usually in a playful way] ! I'm only messin' with you, you know that Mr. Leshner!"
The teacher let a small smile escape and he shook his head while rolling his eyes.
Ryan made his way to one of the aisles and walked between the rows of seats until he came to his own and sat down, nodding and saying hello to a few people on his way.  

Skyler Kai

Shuro2009

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:58 pm
"So you're the new student." Mr. Leshner said turning now to the girl.
Rena nodded, her eyes glued to the spot on the floor that she would hit if she were to fall. She didn't like being put on the spot, but most the time she didn't have a choice.
"What's your name?" The teacher asked, his voice was kind as to not make her anymore uncomfortable.
"Rena." She said.
"Well, Rena, welcome. Class, please welcome Rena. Now would you mind telling us a little about yourself?"
She fought the groan and blush back as she cleared her throat to be heard a little more clearly.
"My name is Rena and I recently moved to here with my dad. I am from no where since I've always moved around a lot. So I guess I'm sort of from everywhere."
She was somewhat satisfied with her answer. It was short, sweet, and simple. It gave just enough information without giving out too much.
Mr. Leshner nodded.
"Very good. Go ahead and take a seat wherever you see an empty desk." he instructed.
She nodded but didn't look up. She took a quick glance around the room and saw, a bit to her dismay, one empty seat behind the boy that had run into her. Again, she fought back the groan and quickly took her seat.
"Now would anyone be so kind as to show Rena around since she's new?"
She felt the heat start to rush to her cheeks, but fought the worst of it back. Her cheeks only turned a flushed pink rather than the full blown red. A small pause passed and no one replied.
"Ryan, since you seem to have already met her, you can show her around." The teacher decided.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:27 pm
Ryan looked up, a slightly startled look appearing on his face—which was due to the fact that he already stopped paying attention and it was only within the first two minutes of first period that he heard someone calling him out. He sat up a bit and scratched the back of his head, his fingers running through his red-orange locks. "Uh, sure thing, Lesh'."
Mr. Leshner gave him a look.
"Oh, right, sorry—Mr. Leshner." He gave a grin, the freckles rising on his face along with his cheeks from his smile.
Mr. Leshner turned away from the class and began his lesson, grabbing papers from his desk and writing on the board.
Ryan turned around in his seat to face Rena and gave his best smile, his pearly whites flashing and his flecked gold-green eyes shining. "I'm sorry 'bout earlier—I'm all arseways [a complete mess]!" He glanced over his shoulder and then back at her, studying her face. "And don' worry 'bout Lesh—he knows I'm only twistin' hay [starting trouble, usually in a playful way]." He knew he was doing most of the talking but he wanted to get in all that he could before she had a chance to interrupt him and not give him a chance. "Mind if we start over?" He put his hand out between them and over her desk, his Claddagh shining on his right ring finger, the heart facing away from him. "Call me Ryan."

(Sorry that took me so long! I've been so busy with APs and other work!)  

Skyler Kai

Shuro2009

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:55 pm
Rena looked at his hand a moment before looking at his face. Her face betrayed no emotion though her cheeks were still slightly tinted from her previous embarassment and her eyes were skeptical. Her left hand absentmindedly found her locket.
"Shouldn't you be paying attention rather than making an introduction?" She asked simply, trying to be polite.
She gripped the locket a little tighter. She didn't like meeting new people and she used the locket as her safe haven, her source of strength. It was a nervous habit for her to fiddle with it, but she couldn't help it. She hadn't met the boy in front of her on the best of terms so she needed as much strength as she could muster to make it through the day.

((I understand. I just finished my first year of college))  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:34 pm
((Wow, congratulations! That's a big step!))
His eyes flickered toward the motion of her hand grabbing the locket around her neck. He looked back up and gazed into her honey coloured eyes as he gave a quiet chuckle. "Alright, alright, relax the cacks [calm down]," he said with a grin to indicate that he was trying to joke around with her. "You win—I'll pay attention." He took his hand away and began to turn back around, stopping once more to look back at her. "And if you need any help getting around, just ask." With that, he turned all the way around in his seat and sat back, drumming his pencil on his leg.
Soon after Ryan turned around to face the front of the room, a student aiding in the counseling office entered and handed Mr. Leshner a slip of paper. He nodded, thanked the boy, and set the paper on his desk. As he did so, he looked up at Rena and said, "Rena and Ryan—I would like to talk to you two at the end of class." He then continued his lesson.  

Skyler Kai

Shuro2009

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:51 pm
Rena bit the her bottom lip slightly. Slips from the office were never a good sign in her book. She gripped her necklace a little tighter, not really caring if an imprint was left or not. She took a low, deep breath to calm herself. She pushed all of the possible reasons for the teacher to need to see her after class to the back of her mind and did her best to focus on the lesson.
((Sorry for the late reply. Lots have been going on.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:24 pm
Despite what Rena may have thought, Ryan was a smart boy who didn't get into trouble, so he wasn't worried about the note—whatever it was couldn't have been all that bad seeing as he wasn't a troublemaker. In fact, he forgot all about it until the bell rang and Mr. Leshner looked up at the two of them, raising the paper slip in his hand to remind them not to leave before confronting him about it. "Rena, Ryan—it'll only be a minute."
Ryan stuffed the pencil he was using to drum with during class into his bag and turned in his seat to face Rena. "So, Rena, is it?" He grinned and ran a hand through his red locks. “What sorts of trouble are you getting yourself into now, huh? I hope you’re not a squealer [a person who tells stories to get another in trouble], dragging me down with you,” he joked. Even Ryan’s laugh seemed to have an Irish brogue.
As the class became emptier, Mr. Leshner took the piece of paper and spoke to them from the front of the class, loud enough for them to hear. "Ryan's not giving you any trouble, is he Rena?" He showed a pleasant smile and waited for them to approach him.

((Don't worry, I understand.))  

Skyler Kai

Shuro2009

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:54 am
"And just how do you think I could have gotten in trouble after only being here for one period?" Rena asked with a hint of joking in her tone.
It was strange for her to be able to joke so early on, but it kept her from thinking of worse possible case scenarios. Sometimes, she really hated being so analytical.
She looked up when the teacher called her. She gave him a small smile.
"Not at all, sir. There have been much worse at my previous schools." She told him softly before standing up to see what the note had been about.

03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff