Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
weight gain/body building...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The REAL easter bunnuh

6,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:20 pm
yeah so I found out I'm almost underweight (6'5" and 119 pounds)
and the doc said I should try to gain at least 30 pounds or something.
So I'm thinking of Vegan body building, so what things should I eat to gain and what exercises or tips do you have for me? smile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:14 pm
Swimming. wink  

Nicola Six

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:45 am
For every pound you weigh, it takes around 12 calories per day just to keep you alive and functioning.

So at 119 lbs, that's around 1428 calories per day just to stay alive.

1 pound of body weight is equal to around 3500 calories, so for every 3500 calories above that 1428 you eat, you will gain 1 pound of body weight. Not necessarily per day, although many experience bodybuilders who are trying to gain will eat 5000-8000 calories a day (warning though, if you don't do a sufficient amount of exercise with that, it will turn to fat).

Basically, you need to eat more. Doesn't really matter what specifically, just try to make sure its healthy clean food, not junk food. Don't suck down 4000 calories a day of cake and potato chips unless you want to get fat.

Use something like FitDay to track your food intake.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:48 am
Nicola Six
Swimming. wink

Also, this isn't really a great way to GAIN weight. You will not gain a lot of weight if you do a lot of cardio. Notice how most pro swimmers, like runners are extremely lean. If you want to gain, do strength training. Lift weights. Take those extra calories you should be eating and turn them into muscle.  

Death of Cool

The REAL easter bunnuh

6,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 pm
well one of my problems is knowing high calorie foods. i eat lots of veggies and that dont contain much calories. i have been trying to eat more rice lately.  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games