Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pale?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Foxglow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:41 am
Ok, so I have a bad complexion for Goth-ness. I'm naturally a rosy, jolly looking kind of person, instead of pale and interesting. I wear foundation when I go out to try and even out my skin tone (rosy cheeks gonk ) and to cover up my freckles a little.

Now, I've tried a few different foundations, and I've gone as pale as I can with them, but they STILL manage to make me look tanned (ew). Any suggestions about what I can do? Or recommendations of foundation.

I am from the UK, so stuff that is available in the States may not be available here.....

Also, sorry if this is a repeat thread. Thanks whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:30 am
whats wrong with bieng a bit tanned?  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Xahmen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:49 am
Come down with cancer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:22 am
doom1000

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 am
rosy cheeks are not a bad thing, and can be incorporated into your look (like emily Autum). that being said, you could either:

1. get a night job, wear very concealing clothes for a year and hope your skin will naturally fade under the glow of phosphorus light tubes. or,

2. if they have it available in the UK, get the "bare minerals" white powder foundation and use liberally. It evens out your skintone and glows under certain lighting conditions....win/win. or,

3. be happy with your skin and make it work for the look you are trying to achieve....  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:48 pm
Paint yourself up like Nik Fiend  

Death of Cool

Xahmen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:19 pm
Hold your breath for a really long time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:22 am
doom1000

I don't like it. I look weird.  

Foxglow

Foxglow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:23 am
Keevan Draco
rosy cheeks are not a bad thing, and can be incorporated into your look (like emily Autum). that being said, you could either:

1. get a night job, wear very concealing clothes for a year and hope your skin will naturally fade under the glow of phosphorus light tubes. or,

2. if they have it available in the UK, get the "bare minerals" white powder foundation and use liberally. It evens out your skintone and glows under certain lighting conditions....win/win. or,

3. be happy with your skin and make it work for the look you are trying to achieve....

The trouble is is that my complexion is naturally rosy, and it's more difficult to incorporate that into any kind of look. She uses blusher, by the looks of it.

I will look into the bare minerals powder - thank you!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:29 am
i know they sell MAC products in the UK why dont you try to use some of their concealer then use a powder. . .MAC works wonders but for me its too expensive i can only get products when i can and have money sweatdrop

Scarlette Begonias

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Foxglow
Keevan Draco

The trouble is is that my complexion is naturally rosy, and it's more difficult to incorporate that into any kind of look. She uses blusher, by the looks of it.

I will look into the bare minerals powder - thank you!

au contraire madimosielle....try the victorian look...rosy cheeks were a highly sought after trait in victorian england as a sign of good health, and virility. Many of the old advertisements that survive today show women with rosy cheeks (mostly in some state of undress), and several artists of that timeperiod portray women with the "healthy glow". if the Victorian look is not to your liking...go even earlier and try the napoleonic imperial french look (long flowing tube dresses that buckle just under the bustline, long gloves, petite shoes, hair quaffed just so....) one can pull off any look just as long as you feel comfortable with yourself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:52 pm
The Spirit of Vengeance
doom1000

Lybido Alastar

Aged Lunatic

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Wanderer Ganglari

Gracious Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:02 pm
Foxglow
doom1000

I don't like it. I look weird.

Forgive me if I seem like a smart a**, but I thought being weird was part of the job description. But still, we all have our flaws and dislikes, good luck in your hunt.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:21 pm
I have the same issue, but have learned to embrace my rosiness and colouring. It's who you are- embrace it, love heart  

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100

XxKitty_of_DeathxX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:53 am
im a bit tan and have really rosy cheeks but i found out the darker the eye liner the better it looks. your skin makes you unique. and yes sadly i have blond hair and my mom wont let me dye it so i got it cut. you can always work with what you got to make it what you want.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff