Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
FOLKLORE Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have you had a paranormal experience?
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
perhaps, there`s possibly a rational explanation
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
paranormal? Pah! bunk sir! BUNK!!!!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

wodewose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:18 am
I stand and proudly say
"I belive in Faeries!"
yep certainly do....
I`ve seen what may have been a ghost too.....share your experiences/opinions/snorts of disbelief here....  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:26 am
The Barber Of Llangollen:

When I was in Wales we visited a place called Llangollen. There's a huge hill at the bottom of the town, and a spooky local tale that goes with it of a barber who murdered his wife. The barber was caught and condemned to hang in gibbets at the top of the hill that looked over the town. The hill has been known since as Barber's Hill. This is a true story by the way. The murder took place in 1739 as recorded in documents. I knew nothing of this tale when taking the dogs for a walk up this hill at about 11pm. I went right up almost to the very top when I heard a creaking noise, which at the time sounded like a wooden gate swaying back and forth in the wind. I looked around and there was nothing in sight that could be making this strange noise... At this point one of the dogs started whining which wasn't like her, so I turned back (being a bit spooked by this noise, myself) and went back to the cottage we were staying at. When I got back I took a casual glance at some of the books they had on the area, and then I stumbled across the tale of Barber's hill, and my face went white as a sheet. The sound I heard did match that of someone hung in gibbets, swinging in the wind... could it of been a ghost?
Normally when I visit places and hear local folklore like this I don't give it a second thought, but this was the first time I had actually experienced it for myself.

Extended tale of The Barber, and other tales from Llangollen.  

Khorkalba

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:20 am
I have yet to experience any paranormal happenings.

Until then, 'I'll believe it when I see it.' smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:49 am
I once got pushed by the spirit which resides in the gallows building in Devonport Dockyard. It's a grumpy spirit, probably because it's still narked over being hanged. It got a little rowdy with me one day and then had to put up with me yelling at it for half an hour for nearly knocking me down the stairs. It's probably even more narked now, but as far as I can see it, maybe he shouldn't have got himself into enough trouble to be hanged in the first place.,

Yes.

I pulled a stropfest with a grouchy ghost.  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Carbon Dioxide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:30 pm
Once I saw a grim reaper outside of my bathroom door.

I screamed.

I am not kidding about this.

It left an imprint in the carpet, and you couldn't drag a strong magnet through the spot for weeks. eek gonk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:14 am
Knightsedge
I have yet to experience any paranormal happenings.

Until then, 'I'll believe it when I see it.' smile

ditto...  

moaningmyrtle

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:15 am
A few more experiences:

Whilst onboard the H.M.S Victory (Lord Nelson's flagship) last year I saw what appeared to be a ghost on the lower gun deck. I caught a glimpse of it for a brief second. It was like a faint wisp of fog, at the other end of the deck on the port side. I also heard an eerie whispering sound on one of the other decks. (I think it was the middle gun deck).

Also, quite a while ago my little sister came into my room one night saying she could hear someone tapping on her bedroom window. I just convinced her it was nothing and went back to bed. In the morning I went into her room and there were handmarks on the outside of the window! Only faint, but it was easy to make out that they were handprints... There was no explanation for it. The window is pretty high up... far out of reach and the house is pretty much isolated in the countryside. How did they get there?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:07 am
[ dana iz winnar! ]

I screamed.

It left an imprint in the carpet, and you couldn't drag a strong magnet through the spot for weeks. eek gonk
woh.... i would be out of that house before you could say jumping jehosaphat  

mr gimp

Lord Jagged

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:54 am
[ dana iz winnar! ]

I screamed.

Just how often do you go dragging strong magnets through the house?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:57 am
Lord_Jagged

Have you never done that? I can recommend it, really. It's an underrated pass-time 3nodding  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:06 am
illyrianth
Lord_Jagged

Have you never done that? I can recommend it, really. It's an underrated pass-time 3nodding

Er...I am quite unaware of the connection between strong magnets and the paranormal. Someone please fill me in. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:10 am
Knightsedge

Er...I am quite unaware of the connection between strong magnets and the paranormal. Someone please fill me in. biggrin

Eh? Oh, I just do it to screw up the TV pictures in the house next door.... xd  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Carbon Dioxide

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:23 pm
Lord_Jagged
[ dana iz winnar! ]

I screamed.

You'd be surprised.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:15 pm
grim reaper...hmm. maybe it was just magneto.

once when i was about six years old, i tripped head first from the top of the flight of stairs in my house...and landed at the bottom..on my feet...without having hit anything. there was no..impact? i don't know how to explain it. it was like soaring. i felt the tips of my feet sort of drag against a couple steps on the way down. but it was light. i never really told anyone about that. wouldn't like the weird looks.  

MellowYetPsycho

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:08 am
MellowYetPsycho
grim reaper...hmm. maybe it was just magneto.

once when i was about six years old, i tripped head first from the top of the flight of stairs in my house...and landed at the bottom..on my feet...without having hit anything. there was no..impact? i don't know how to explain it. it was like soaring. i felt the tips of my feet sort of drag against a couple steps on the way down. but it was light. i never really told anyone about that. wouldn't like the weird looks.

*Looks at you weirdly* ninja

...You flew down a flight of stairs? xd

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas