Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Roleplaying
.hack // Morganna Union

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epitaph Orealis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:54 pm
In the year 2020, CC Corp. released "The World R:3" to the public. Knowing the problems caused by the inclusion of data from Morganna and Aura, in an effort to forstall any future coma incidents, CC Corp. made the decision to destroy any and all data from previous releases of "The World."

One team of programmers disobeyed this mandate.

They covertly harvested data of the Morganna Factors, as well as Aura, and disseminated them throughout the code of "The World R:3." Keeping this a secret proved too difficult, but unfortunately, CC Corp. did not discover this until a year after the launch of R:3. Firing the team responsible, the CC Corp. project heads hoped that none of the previous instances of instability would manifest in their beloved "clean" creation.

Soon, rumors began circulating about certain players with abilities not contained within the system parameters. Most players believe that the rumors stem from hackers making headway on modifying their characters illegally, like what occured with the first iteration of "The World," but the description of the abilities manifested confirmed it for CC Corporation: the Eight Phases of Morgana live in The World once again.

In a calculated move, CC Corp. has decided to try to remove these characters if possible, before they begin to affect the rest of the players. If they cannot remove the characters from the game, as experience told CC Corp. might not be possible, then they are prepared to take what they describe as "reasonable measures of containment."

However, if players begin to be targeted by CC Corp. for removal or containment, they will not be without allies. The former CC Corp. employees, the ones responsible for the release of Morganna and Aura to R:3, are intimately familiar with backdoors and the manipulation of The World. Hearing of CC Corp.'s new policy, they have hacked into The World, calling themselves "Project G.U.", issuing forth anonymous challenges to CC Corp., with a mandate to protect what they believe to be the true essence of The World.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:06 pm
how do we start? do we make are skeleton now or something?you need to include rules man,rules!  

the crescent goddess

Epitaph Orealis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:37 pm
With the backstory out of the way, here are the rules and character forms.

Rules

- No godmodding. If you are controlling someone else's character, PM that person beforehand and get permission for what you're doing. That's just common courtesy.
- We're playing as characters with the Morganna Factor. If you don't know what that is, PM me and I'll explain it. You can't be a hacker, and you can't be a super-powerful character yet. Since R:3 is supposed to be newer, we'll be starting as either newbies or low-level (levels 1-10 are acceptable).
- No relation to the original characters, unless cleared by me. It has to be your own character, and it can't blatantly be based on any .hack character, or a character of any other anime/manga/video game/novel/whatever. Originality is encouraged, within the game parameters.
- There will (hopefully) be a maximum of eight Epitaph characters in this rp. If we are full-up and you'd still like to play, we might add on hackers or rogue system admins. Until then, you must chose one of the Eight Phases of Morganna to identify with.
- There are no Avatars, ala G.U. or anything like that. In R:3, the Epitaph Users will actually gain in-game abilities like those of the Avatars, which will add to their power and change their appearance to something outside of the norm (i.e. someone who has the Morganna Factor for Skeith might get his horns or spikes or something like that).
- The password is "New England Clam Chowder." Put that in the character form. Checking to see if you are reading the rules. That's a good idea from Sauce-Kay.
- As usual, all Gaia forum rules apply. No cybering (especially with me. No, please, you must restrain yourself. I know, it's hard to do), no flaming, no spamming.
- We'll be using R:2 classes. I would come up with something original, but why fix what isn't broken?

Posting Format

- Type out your character's actions. Dialogue goes in quotes. Write it like a book.
- Use the "Quote" to flashmail someone.

Character Forms and Information

Class List
- Adept Rogue
- Blade Brandier
- Edge Punisher
- Flick Reaper
- Harvest Cleric
- Lord Partizan
- Macabre Dancer
- Shadow Warlock
- Steam Gunner
- Tribal Grappler
- Twin Bladep

Race List
- Human
- Lei Tribe Beast
- Tu Tribe Beast
- Ya Tribe Beast

Character Form:

Username:
Character Name:
Race:
Class: (If Adept Rogue, build the class as shown in it's .hack//wikia page)
Epitaph:
Bio: (Must be at least 3 sentences)
Appearance: (Short description or URL)
What's the password?:

PM me your completed character sheet, and I'll add it to the list in my next post!

WITH ALL THAT OUT OF THE WAY
Yes, I realise that .hack//LINK is taking place in the year 2020, in the game "The World R: X." Personally, I think the whole thing sounds horrible, and this RP idea actually came from "Well, how would I make the next .hack games?"
This is a work of fiction, as I imagine the story of the next batch of .hack games to be. I hope others enjoy the idea as much as I do.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:27 am
Characters

Username: Epitaph Orealis
Character Name: Orealis
Level: 8
Race: Human
Class: Adept Rogue (Twin Blade/Harvest Cleric, heavy armor)
Epitaph: Innis, the Mirage of Deciet
Bio: The player behind the character Orealis is an American, the orphaned heir to the fortune left behind by his parents passing. Having attended many private schools throughout his life, he is an accomplished polyglot, speaking several languages fluently. After reaching his majority, he moved to Japan, listlessly moving from hobby to hobby, not needing to get a job to support himself. After finding "The World R:3," he has dedicated more time to the game than anything else in his life, preferring the virtual world created by CC Corp.
Appearance: Orealis is of medium height, with a thin build. He has red hair down to his jaw, red eyes, and has bare arms, his visible skin covered in red wave tattoos. His armor appears to be a matte black color, without adornments of any kind.

Username: Princess Tetsuno
Character Name: Sasuki
Level: 9
Race: Human
Class: Flick Reaper
Epitaph: Magus the Propagation
Bio: ever since Sasuki`s parents were brutally murdered in front of her she is the only heir left of her family who can run the Lilium Ray Orphanage,she doesn`t mind it but it gets tough sometimes
Appearance: User Image

Epitaph Orealis

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces