Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
I has a goal too. -journal- Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hugs?
  Hugs!
View Results

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:11 pm
EDITED TO BE BRAND NEW!

SO I am 5'1" or 5'2", depending on how much I work on my posture, haha. And I weigh about 108-110. Keep in mind, I'm super short, so no I am not underweight, I actually have a very cushy layer of fat around my thighs and tummy, haha.

My goals are to drop the extra chub, and hopefully lose a cup size off my boobs. I need my thighs to not touch, my tummy to be flat, etc etc. normal hopes and dreams of chubby girls haha.

I'm also trying to tone up my arms, because they look kind of gross because I have like, no muscle there haha.

So there's what I'm here for. >.> I plan on reaching my goals in a healthy way; I've had some issues with crash dieting and fasting and, you know, I really just want to get this done the right way.

I deleted my previous introduction on this journal because it was a long time ago and just didn't fit me anymore. No pun intended whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:41 pm
Oh, and today, I decided to start drinking more water [and green tea!] and cut out sodas completely. I already feel a little better about myself :3  

pigeonsoup

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 am
Cutting out soda is a really great step, what I would do rather than focusing on this metaphorical ten pounds, is focus on fitness and nutrition. Any extra weight your body has to give up will go after that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:46 am
Seraphsody
Cutting out soda is a really great step, what I would do rather than focusing on this metaphorical ten pounds, is focus on fitness and nutrition. Any extra weight your body has to give up will go after that.

As golden as this advice is, (one should always make nutrition and fitness a cornerstone of weight loss!) a lot of people are motivated by losing that 10 pounds. I myself have had some focus issues when only dealing with nutrition, and the scale keeps me on track no matter what. 3nodding

I would suggest 8-minute ABS, ARMS, LEGS, BUNS, and STRETCH, all of which can be found on YouTube. It's retro annoying "hey gang!" 80's stuff but it's effective. Do cardio for at least 30 minutes a day to melt the fat or try circuit training. Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred is 20 minutes of intense work that makes you feel the burn. whee But any circuit training etc. will do. She does a lot of abs/legs so that'll tone up your bottom half very well. :]

I'm Star, welcome! <3

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:00 pm
Thanks guys, you both have great advice. :3
I'm switching almost all my snacks during the day to healthy ones and holding myself back, I never realized how much I was pigging out until I decided to restrain myself haha. It's like I was literally constantly eating. I slipped up a bit yesterday and nom'd on some milk chocolate and a few cream cheese poppers but I've been very on-track today. I'm hoping to get myself back into better eating habits and drinking tons more water to get all the crap out of my system before I start getting into heavier exercise so that I don't kill myself haha. I always feel like a ball of lard dripping with fat after I work out if I haven't been eating healthy. So I'm sticking with really light exercises and trying to be a bit more active during my daily routine right now.

But, I already feel much better about myself. I'm less bloated 'cause I've been drinking water instead of soda and 'cause I'm eating less junk. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:18 pm
Oh my gosh, I remember giving up soda. I think it was the hardest thing I did at the beginning of my weight loss. I don't know how much soda you were drinking but I was going through several cans of diet coke per day. I think my real addiction was to the caffeine. For two weeks my sleep schedule was all mixed up. I feel much better now and it's been over a year since I stopped drinking soda. I do drink Crystal Lite stuff or unsweetened iced tea with meals now, but everything else is water. I feel a thousand times better. So you've already done something that most people are pretty resistant to. Good job!  

Roslin

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:56 pm
I don't really have a problem cutting out soda, i've done it before. I grew up not drinking soda unless there was some sort of special occasion so it's no issue. Junk food is my main problem because I grew up in poverty so we kinda survived on junk food for a long time haha.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:26 pm
I has a pear! and I think I might have something peanut buttery but idk what yet whee  

pigeonsoup

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:06 am
UGH! gonk A person I live with brought me a burger so I had to eat it because it smelled so good and I couldn't say no 'cause I mean she brought it to me paid and all. Haha.
Fail on my part.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 pm
Back on track today :3 And it seems I'm starting to lose a bit of weight! Instead of the scale going back and forth between 120 and 120.5, it's going back and forth between 119.5 and 120! Haha yay.  

pigeonsoup

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:47 pm
Still doing good :3 I slipped up and ate some cheezits, but they made me feel so sick afterwards I realized I just don't even want to eat most junk food any more. Ughh. Healthy stuffs for me!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 am
laurenwithoutsound
Back on track today :3 And it seems I'm starting to lose a bit of weight! Instead of the scale going back and forth between 120 and 120.5, it's going back and forth between 119.5 and 120! Haha yay.

Lauren, when you wake up in the mourning, use the restroom, strip down to your undergarments, and weigh your self. That is your true weight. Don't weigh your self through out the day. The scale will go up from food being in the stomach and the stomach acid digesting it.  

Nicodemas

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:00 am
heart heart I rewrote the original post.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:23 am
What you've described throughout your journal sounds like a very healthy lifestyle adjustment - don't know if your routine now is the same as what you were doing before, but there's a lot of sound advice to be found here. Good luck with your recent goals!  

Euthanasia Phase

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:47 pm
Thankyou.

So yesterday I got to hang out with one of my bestest friends and it was a special occasion so I kind of ended up not keeping track of what I ate and ate a lot of junk. But I have to remind myself that one day of extra treats doesn't actually physically set me back at all, unless I do it over and over. It only makes me feel like "Oh all that food will make you fat!" And at first today I didn't want to eat at all, but I pushed myself to remember that what I ate yesterday doesn't/shouldn't matter today. Extra eating one day doesn't make you gain ten pounds the next. So I made sure to eat like normal today. Anddd it was fine 3nodding

Aside from that, I kind of walked all over the place yesterday and the night before that, with my aforementioned bestie, so I got pleenntyyy of exercise. Hours and hours, lol.

Anyway so all things considered, things are going very well. I've been working hard to improve my poor body image and all that, too, and I think I've made some progress. I feel like I could slip up and fall back down at any second, but I'm hanging on and reminding myself that nobody's perfect.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff