Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
alice in wonderland and mimzy?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

12lovelikewinter21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:55 pm
if i recall right, in the movie the last mimzy they said something about alice having a mimzy. anybody have any thoughts on this?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:01 pm
How intersting. I wonder if maybe that influenced something in her life and explained her odd adventures, and why she was able to travel inside places like the looking glass.  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

12lovelikewinter21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:59 pm
maybe. in the movie the last mimzy the little girl is always saying mimzy told her how to do unexplainable things. and she makes and looks through this one thing she called a looking glass. for people who havent seen it please watch it. i think it may have a lot to do with alice.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:03 pm
Could you perhaps explain better what you mean by "it may have a lot to do with alice"? I've seen/own the movie and while I have not read the original prose it's based off of I know that both are fiction. I admit to being confused by what you two are trying to imply or say so here's my attempt:

Wiki's The Last Mimzy Page - note the very first paragraph here where it says the short story it's based off of.
Mimsy Were the Borogoves - the short story that inspired the movie.

"Mimzy" comes from "mimsy" a word invented by Lewis Carroll for use in his poem Jabberwocky. Mimsy is a combination word of miserable and flimsy making it an adjective rather than a noun for a sci-fi bunny creation. It seems the writers just hijacked the word for their own original story, Mimsy Were the Borogoves.

Now what I want to know is why they changed it to a z from s...

Irish Stout

thefinnyfreak

Aged Phantom

8,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:24 pm
I've never seen Mimzy myself, but I've heard people talking about the last part, about Alice. But since Lewis Carrol made the original word, mimsy, meaning Flimsy and Misrible, why would that be a good idea for a movie?  
All In the Golden Afternoon

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games