Submit

Are you on AcidPlanet?
  Why, yes I am.
  No, silly. There are better sites.
  No. I'm not on any site like this.
View Results

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:37 pm
How many artist here have a profile on AcidPlanet?

You can find a link to my profile in my siggy.

What do you like most about the site?

What do you hate most about the site?

Are there better websites like this?

Discus!

Also, post a link to your profile if you like. Just make sure to describe to genre of music you mainly make.

I make Experimental Techno / Industrial, for example.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:41 pm
i already am part of too many music sites. myspace, purevolume, 8bitcollective and others i dont even log into.

my music outlets are split into 2 projects; On This Night which is acoustic/pop and A, B, Up, Start! which is chiptune/8-bit

http://www.myspace.com/onthisnight
http://www.myspace.com/abupstart  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:44 pm
On This Night
i already am part of too many music sites. myspace, purevolume, 8bitcollective and others i dont even log into.

my music outlets are split into 2 projects; On This Night which is acoustic/pop and A, B, Up, Start! which is chiptune/8-bit

Chiptune. Nice. What hardware do you use for that? Do you use actual sound cards from old 8-bit machines, or is it all emulated?

I have a profile on PureVolume, but I haven't used it in years...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:49 pm
currently i use famitracker. i also am starting to use h-trippy to make small tunes. im trying to learn lsdj and a couple other programs on my gb emulator and once i get the hang of it im getting a usb cartridge so i can use it with my real gameboy.  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 pm
On This Night
currently i use famitracker. i also am starting to use h-trippy to make small tunes. im trying to learn lsdj and a couple other programs on my gb emulator and once i get the hang of it im getting a usb cartridge so i can use it with my real gameboy.

It all sounds very awesome. I've not heard of any of these things (I presume it's all software? It sounds like it to me), but then I don't produce chiptune, so I wouldn't have.

I wish you the best of luck in the future. I enjoy listening to what people can do with Chiptune. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

How about a shout out for one of your profiles? Let Gaia know your user name so we can check out your musics!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:06 pm
Oh, I just saw that you edited your previous post to include the links. Ok, nice.  

StudioGilliam

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:41 pm
famitracker is one of many tracker available online. trackers are the easiest program to make chiptune with. i've gotten fairly good with famitracker and im starting to mess around with the apprieggo settings to get a chippier sound.

h-trippy is the dj mode on the classinc gameboy camera. not good for serious chiptuning, but is fun to mess with once in a while.

LSDJ is what the pros use. its a program one a gameboy cartridge and is used for the gameboy.(lsdj is not an official nintendo item) i current just have a rom and use it with an emulator. once i get the hang out it im getting a usb cartridge(blank gb cart)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 am
I see. I wish you best of luck.  

StudioGilliam

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:48 am
So, is anyone else a part of AcidPlanet?

Or if you know of a better site, tell me why you think it's better. Come on, let's start a discussion!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:10 am
OTN again

myspace is clearly the best.
its good for managing songs and shows. everyone has a myspace, so everyone can contact you. plus the exposure is better.

acidplanet seems like 8bit collective; the most the ppl that actually look at the site do so cuz they are a musician on there.  

A B Up Start

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:52 pm
A B Up Start
OTN again

myspace is clearly the best.
its good for managing songs and shows. everyone has a myspace, so everyone can contact you. plus the exposure is better.

acidplanet seems like 8bit collective; the most the ppl that actually look at the site do so cuz they are a musician on there.

Fair enough, I'll give you that. Few people actually go on AcidPlanet to look at people's music.

I used to use MySpace a lot, but I got bored with it. But yeah, there is better exposure there.  
The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games