Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
.•°The Forest of the Divine°•. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:57 pm
User Image

Welcome all to the Forest's Room Lair where we will be planning for the event. Your fearless leaders are Luna Verto and Nana Etoile.

The setting for this room is in the middle of the forest. Which should be lots of fun. I am leaning to having the party at night, since Artemis is goddess of the moon and I like the dark feeling of the night. It will also give it that magical feeling to it.

So enough chit-chat, lets head into the lair.

.•°Table of Contents°•.
.Intro.
.Plots/Characters.
.Funds.
.Other.
.Other.

User Image
staff posting style for ball!
User Image

[b][align=left][img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/Senenca/Gaia Banners/icon2.png[/img][/align][color=green][align=center] [/align][/color][align=right][img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/Senenca/Gaia Banners/icon.png[/img][/align][/b]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:05 pm
User Image
. razz lot:.

Artemis and the Prince are hosting a archery/jousting type tournament for all to join. In attendance of the party-goers, is another lesser God named Quirinus. He is known through out the land to have archery skills that matches Artemis', and the only one to hold her heart in the palm of his hand.

So during this tournament, they face off in a competition. Suddenly, dark clouds engulf the scene. There's a commotion and chaos erupts. And when everyone can see again, they find that the Quirinus is gone. This happens around the time when the main plot thickens when Eris comes.

During this time, the party goers blame Artemis because they think that she was jealous of Quirinus, they do not know that she really cares for him, so they think she cursed him away or something. Although Chiron doesn't want to believe his friend has done this, he leads the party goers on a search since he knows the woods well. Everyone goes on a big search for the Quirinus while someone guards Artemis at base camp. But one by one, people start to disappear or get injured, and strange stuff besides that starts happening. Later on we find out Quirinus is really working for Eris and causing all of this.

Party goers find clues to who is behind the mystery. They party goers figure out the mystery. There is a reward offered for finding Quirinus (Scavenger hunt-like thing). Artemis is cleared of her name, unfortunately leaving her with her distrust of men.

When Quirinus is found, he is 'tried' for his crimes (banished like Eris or something like that (the user playing Quirinus will still be allowed to hang out in the thread for the remainder of the ball of course, but they'll just have to change or something), and Callisto will admit her secret (see below) and be turned into a bear by Artemis, who is furious. The party goers will celebrate and return to the tournament for the remainder of the ball.

Here is the character descriptions that we have for right now and how they are connected together. Note, there is a possibility that not all characters will be used. This is just a list that we might cut down.

ARTEMIS:
Greek goddess of the hunt, wildness/wild animals, the moon, and childbirth/virginity.

PRINCE (Chiron): Unlike most centaurs in Greek mythology, Chiron was intelligent, civilized, and thoughtful, which is why we have decided to make him the 'prince' of the centaurs for our purposes because he is the only one who can keep his less civilized counterparts under control. Chiron will bring only 4-5 centaurs with him to the ball, who will all be highly civilized and polite. (these entities can be claimed by party goers once the ball begins)

QUIRINUS: Known for his skill in archery, he is a favorite to win in the contest. Roman lesser God of war.

CALLISTO: Best friend of Artemis and the Prince. She can be shy, but she holds a dark secret that she must keep from her friends.
(in Greek mythology, Callisto was a nymph of Artemis. Like all nymphs she vowed to stay a virgin, but Zeus disguised himself and made her fall in love with him, then raped her. Her "dark secret" will be that she is pregnant. When Quirinus is being tried for his crimes and banished and whatnot, Callisto will feel so guilty for breaking her solemn promise that she'll burst out telling Artemis, and Artemis, feeling betrayed more than ever, will transform her into a bear, following Greek mythology.)

NYMPH: Just a nymph who hangs around to serve Artemis. She's not mentioned in our plot because she's just the funds mule.

User Image
Here is the cast list for our plot.

Artemis (Host): Nana Etoile
Chiron, Prince of Centaurs (Host): Luna Verto
Quirinus: (if no one wants this, we might end up using a mule)
Callisto:-x AoiSakura x-

Centaurs can be played by people who come to the ball. We'll have a Centaur list on the front page, and we'll only have 3 or 4 or less.

Iris and Pandora will be played by the people that the Ball casts or NPC.

To apply for a position, please fill this form below out and post it in the thread. If you get the part, we ask that you will be active with this room. Meaning helping out with everything that we do.

[color=#333FF][b]Super cool Application Form for a room[/b]
Username:
Roles that I want:
Roles I absolutely don't want:
Experience:
Other things I am spiffy at:
How active I am on Gaia:

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:09 pm
User Image
We'll be getting about 1 million gold from the overall fund, if we need more we'll post our progress on earning the extra here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:18 pm
Here is our list of stuff to do:

WE'RE READY TO GO! biggrin  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:43 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:44 pm
Banners

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17968805&page=1][img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/Senenca/Gaia Banners/frb.gif[/img][/url]

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:45 pm
Luna Verto
LET THERE BE....ART!!
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

STEAL ANY OF THIS AND I'LL FIND YOU!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Enjoy the randomness...

I like your plot so far. Sounds great, Just try not to have too many characters, more characters means more people you have to find.

...That is me.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:34 pm
Poyudi Hytori
Enjoy the randomness...

I like your plot so far. Sounds great, Just try not to have too many characters, more characters means more people you have to find.

...That is me.

Thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:05 pm
Enjoy the randomness...

No problem. ^.^

...That is me.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:11 am
Ok, so I am getting started on the shop for the room. I also need to start narrowing down the plot to a more set plan of motion. *grabs a coffee and gets to work.*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 pm
Ahh, close to opening it. Here is the link if anyone wants a pre-view.
Link to shop  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:37 pm
It is now open, and ready for business. So exciting.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:00 am
Yes!! I saw that I was picked as a host and just freaked out. My parents gave me funny looks. xd  

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:10 am
The plot sounds excellent, and I like the shop! Very cool.  
Room Planning

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff